[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed a clean version of Mojave 10.14.6.

- when charge is on, and I boot my mac, I have before the login page the "Chime" sound like if I just had plugged in the power. Is it normal?

- what should be the right value for "hibernationmode"?

- what is the best kext for trackpad (no buggy?)

Thanks

Edited by Mat

On 6/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, tluck said:

so do you have the T460 and BCM card now!? I will probably get one for my son soon. his T420 is totally used - kids are not kind to their systems! 

No, sorry.

I returned the stuff to the sellers. The IPS panel had marks on it (from keyboard maybe?) and the WIFI did freeze the system.

I did opt out for now. Too much hassle for a greybeard. ;) T420 it shall be for me as long as possible.

On a side note, I did not see any speed bump moving from the i5-2540m to a i5-6300U, but maybe thats only me.

Edit:

Will a T460p, i5-6440HQ , Intel HD530 work with your existing T460 Clover package as well?

Edited by goodguess

On 8/26/2019 at 8:08 AM, Mat said:

Hello,

I installed a clean version of Mojave 10.14.6.

- when charge is on, and I boot my mac, I have before the login page the "Chime" sound like if I just had plugged in the power. Is it normal?

- what should be the right value for "hibernationmode"?

- what is the best kext for trackpad (no buggy?)

Thanks

No one to help me?

Edited by Mat

On 9/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, nijhawank said:

don't know about the chime sound

use hibernate mode 0

use voodoops2 from https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2 

I wouldn't recommend such kext. Trackpoint is not recognised and kernel panics occur when lid is closed. Also there's a delay between when a key is pressed in the keyboard and the cursor starts moving again.

Edited by carlinyos
Unstable kext reasons

4 hours ago, carlinyos said:

I wouldn't recommend such kext. Trackpoint is not recognised and kernel panics occur when lid is closed. Also there's a delay between when a key is pressed in the keyboard and the cursor starts moving again.

Which one would you recommend ?

the VoodPS2Controller kext (1.9.2) in GitHub should work for the T460/T470 with "clickpad"?

I can't test this new version (2.x) as I don't have a T460 anymore. Seems to work on my T420 tho. although I have don't a lot experiments.

Some feedbacks for tluck for the next release (tested on 10.14.6 last release) :

- As verleihnix said, the last release of VoodooPS2 is working well for the trackpad (good news) but the above buttoms not. 

- You can remove : FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext because they are replaced by AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Mojave

- Is SSDT-PTS is already integrated in SSDT?

For me it contains :

// Overriding _PTS

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "T460", "PTS", 0)
{
    External(ZPTS, MethodObj)
    External(_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE, FieldUnitObj)
    // In DSDT, native _PTS is renamed to ZPTS
    // As a result, calls to this method land here.
    Method(_PTS, 1)
    {
        ZPTS(Arg0)
        If (5 == Arg0)
        {
            // fix "auto start after shutdown"
            \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE = 0
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Which avoids to reboot when shutting down the PC with a USB connected. I don't know if I have to add it.

- WhateverGreen is given with SSDT-PNLF.dsl. SSDT-PNLF-T460.dsl is much more smaller  than SSDT-PNLF.dsl. Do we need to take the one with WhaterverGreen?

- skylakeFB_patch.command and skylakeFB_unpatch.command are not used anymore? Same for DisplayOverride folder?

- For me, createAppleBacklightInjector.command is not working on Mojave. Hopefully it's no more needed with WhateverGreen

- New releases for bluetooth (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext) are not working. What is the difference with yours?

Thanks anyway it works very well!

Edited by Mat
  • Like 2

@Mat glad you guys are able to keep this box up to date. 

the _PTS function is in the SSDT-Hack ssdt

the SSDT-PNLF i provided is all you need.

i may get a T460 for my son soon, so this is all good to know.

on the PS2 kext. i guess you have options! use the new one if you don't care about the actual buttons. I looked at the new code and they dropped the button code I put in for T460 since many new trackpads/clickpads don't have actual buttons.

Edited by tluck
update on physical buttons working or not
  • Like 2

@Mat posted, 

- You can remove : FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext because they are replaced by AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Mojave

I can attest that this is working fine for me. I try to keep up as best I can with the required kexts, and prefer actively maintained versions when possible. 

Currently on my i5-6300u t470, I am using:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleALC.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

The bluetooth kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo and BcrmPathRam2 are from my custom repository that is RepoMans latest merged with one additional delay parameter from study of the @tluck version. It has been working flawlessly for me.  

Edited by kolodzieski
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

@Mat posted, 

- You can remove : FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext because they are replaced by AirportBrcmFixup.kext in Mojave

I can attest that this is working fine for me. I try to keep up as best I can with the required kexts, and prefer actively maintained versions when possible. 

Currently on my i5-6300u t470, I am using:

The bluetooth kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo and BcrmPathRam2 are from my custom repository that is RepoMans latest merged with one additional delay parameter from study of the @tluck version. It has been working flawlessly for me.  

Hello

Same kexts for me (except that I'm using kext for SIM card reader). Can you share your BrcmFirmwareRepo and BcrmPathRam2 kexts please?

For tluck, is it possible to add the two buttons (or say what to do to add them in the kext)?

Thanks!

Edited by Mat

https://github.com/ESProcessing/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Note my delays are rolled into the Info.plist

<key>0489_e07a</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>DisplayName</key>
                        <string>Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 USB</string>
                        <key>FirmwareKey</key>
                        <string>BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1483.1651_v5747</string>
                        <key>IOClass</key>
                        <string>BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
                        <string>BrcmPatchRAM2</string>
                        <key>IOProviderClass</key>
                        <string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
                        <key>InitialDelay</key>
                        <integer>400</integer>
                        <key>ProbeDelayDelay</key>
                        <integer>200</integer>
                        <key>PostResetDelay</key>
                        <integer>400</integer>
                        <key>UpgradeDelay</key>
                        <integer>200</integer>

<key>idProduct</key>
                        <integer>57466</integer>
                        <key>idVendor</key>
                        <integer>1161</integer>
                </dict>

brcm.tar.gz

Edited by kolodzieski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 5:24 AM, tluck said:

@Mat glad you guys are able to keep this box up to date. 

the _PTS function is in the SSDT-Hack ssdt

the SSDT-PNLF i provided is all you need.

i may get a T460 for my son soon, so this is all good to know.

on the PS2 kext. i guess you have options! use the new one if you don't care about the actual buttons. I looked at the new code and they dropped the button code I put in for T460 since many new trackpads/clickpads don't have actual buttons.

The new ps2 kext is quite smooth. @tluck how hard would it be to have that code put back in? Myself (and I'm sure others) might like that feature.

Hi guys,

I've tryed to install Mojave on my T460 with intel graphics. I followed the guide from a to z from tluck (thank you btw for your hard work).

After Mojave installation, patching the ACPI files and installing the kext didn't change the behavior of the brightness and trackpad.

Two finger scroll works fine but not the 3 fingers gesture to swipe between desks.
Concerning the brightness I can set the brightness only from the top half, I don't have the full range.

I've attached the reports from the generator script of black.dragon74

Do you guys have an idea on what could be the problem(s) ?

@tluck should I try using high sierra instead of Mojave ? 

Thank you in advance.

debug_9087.zip

Edited by nostu

Just before release of Catalina I swapped ssd to my test drive.

It looks quiet good.

Brightness, sleep, wake, battery, keyboard, trackpad - all works fine. 

Keep in mind, I am using an original Apple wifi.

Edited by verleihnix

@nostu It seems there are few T460 for which brightness is an issue. I also have this issue with my T460 that on fresh boot brightness works (can reduce and increase) but not all brightness levels are present (screen turns off at around or below 60%). However, after a sleep and wakeup cycle, all brightness levels work.

For trackpad, please use the acidanthera's version of voodoops2, it is much more smooth, however the physical trackpad buttons don't work but I guess (based on some recent commits) he's working on it. 

@Mat I believe the non-working bluetooth after sleep are resolved with the @kolodzieski version of brcm

• Like 1