[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, nijhawank said:

I did the following to disable it on my hackintosh...

1. Removed SSDT-LPC-T460.aml from the ACPI/patched directory

2. Patched DSDT with an additional patch https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS/blob/master/DSDT/patches/syscl_PPMCnPMCR.txt

3. Added EFICheckDisabler kext linked in the thread.

This seems like quite some work, what would be the benefit of patching DSDT and using this kext and removing the LPC SSDT?

Hello @nijhawank, nice finding, I frequently got eficheck error after restart this might solve this.

After deleting lpc ssdt and adding eficheck disabler kext with out the dsdt patch applied, the eficheck stoped loading and everything working as before.

Under PPMC device AppleIntelPCHPMC is loaded, is this normal? or do I need to still rename PPMC >> PMCR. If loading AppleIntelPCHPMC is only thing needed I don't think dsdt patch is required.

I attached a ioreg image for comparison.

Screenshot 2019-10-24 at 2.25.47 PM.png

In my case, AppleIntelPCHPMC loads under PMCR device because I have the patch applied. Other than that I don't see any difference. I'm not really an expert so can't tell how much of it is important or not. 

image.thumb.png.30bb88f9fe64eb4ec18e700adf5b9a02.png

In my DSDT both PPMC and PMCR devices are present under _SB.PCI0. @syscl says this in his patch "PPMC and PMCR combine together for macOS to load LPCB correctly", so I believe PMCR should be added by including his patch (which I did).

#PPMC and PMCR combine together for macOS to load LPCB correctly credit syscl
into device label PMCR remove_entry;
into device label PCI0 insert begin
Device (PMCR)\n
{\n
	Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)  // macOS expect PMCR for PPMC to load correctly credit syscl\n
}\n
end

It's very easy to add the additional patch to tluck's scripts. All I did was to copy the syscl_PPMCnPMCR.txt under DSDT.T460/patch-files directory as 5_syscl_PPMCnPMCR.txt so that it is picked up in the right order. Then just called the existing patch script create_patched_DSDT.command.

Edited by nijhawank
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, junaed.rx said:

Hi @nijhawank,

Could you show a picture of PPMC on ioreg and what's being loaded under it.

Look at the screenshot of the ioreg in my post above. In my case, AppleIntelPCHPMC loads under the PMCR device and there is no PPMC device entry seen here.

I compared with my actual MacBookPro mid-2017 with a Kaby Lake processor and it is exactly the same i.e. AppleIntelPCHPMC loads under PMCR and there is no PPMC visible.

1 hour ago, nijhawank said:

Look at the screenshot of the ioreg in my post above. In my case, AppleIntelPCHPMC loads under the PMCR device and there is no PPMC device entry seen here.

I compared with my actual MacBookPro mid-2017 with a Kaby Lake processor and it is exactly the same i.e. AppleIntelPCHPMC loads under PMCR and there is no PPMC visible.

Thanks for the info. I think either patch or non patch is ok.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:08 AM, kolodzieski said:

I also updated my t470 to Catalina. All was working except for Bluetooth. I switch to acidanthera's brcm repo, and got bluetooth working OK. I had to use brcmpatchram2, brcmfirmwarerepo, and brcmbluetoothinjector. I just dumped these in /Library/Extensions, and BT works; no parameters required.  Seems to have survived a couple of sleep/wake cycles, but will keep everyone posted as to the long term stability. 

So, with Catalina 10.15.0 and brcmpatchram3, brcmfirmwarerepo and brcmbluetoothinjector, my bluetooth was flaky. I really only use a MagicMouse2. It would connect and disconnect a few seconds later. Pressing the mouse button cause a reconnect, but then again would disconnect soon afterwards. 

Moving to 10.15.1 seems to have fixed bluetooth for me. The mouse connects on startup, and seems to stay connected. Again this is with the same 3 brcm kexts from acidantera's repo. 

There is some discussions about the broadcom bluetooth support over at: 

19 hours ago, bruno3691 said:

I install 10.15.0 and i have some reboots.

How much stable are for you between 0-10?

Majave or Catalina?

I would say 9 out of 10.

You have to install X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext to /L/E.

That works for Mojave and Catalina.

Edited by verleihnix

On 11/2/2019 at 1:33 PM, verleihnix said:

Place DSDT into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Try acidanthera/VoodooPS2

Im a bit noob on this. 

I install 10.15.1 and i think reboots stop. 

But how i install? 

Your mouse ir working? Can you upload your efi folder? 

Inside of voodoo folder i dont have any kext. 

And thanks a lot to help me. 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:33 PM, verleihnix said:

And thanks a lot to help me. 

-

Edit

Touchpad working. I found kext. 

Only miss this. 

You have to install X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext to /L/E.

Edited by bruno3691

Just FYI: I've submitted a PR to the tluck repo (which has already been merged), fixing HDMI audio, removing the SD card reader kext (as it was way to slow and didn't survive a sleep cycle) and updating the WiFi and BT kexts. Today I updated to 10.15.1. WiFi and BT didn't work after rebooting, but a simple kextcache rebuild (using Hackintool) and reboot did the job: everything works just like in 10.15.0!

I made a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6 on my T460 last night. I used the updated next pack from tluck.  Everything works except for wifi. Didn't change hardware like wifi card. Still using the dw1560. How can I remedy this issue?