[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Blaggah said:

I made a fresh install of Mojave 10.14.6 on my T460 last night. I used the updated next pack from tluck.  Everything works except for wifi. Didn't change hardware like wifi card. Still using the dw1560. How can I remedy this issue?

You should install brcmpatchram3, brcmfirmwarerepo and brcmbluetoothinjector from here:

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that you installed 10.14.6 - these files are for Catalina

Edited by verleihnix
  • Like 1

Hello,

I have a problem when try to patch my own DSDT with ACPI steps tutorial. I don't really get step 4, the folder DSDT.T460/ACPI-Tables already have some files in there. Should I delete them all and just keep my DSDT and SSDT extract from my folder Clover/ACPI/origin and keep working on those files???

If I already mount EFI with Clover, so there is no need to run command /usr/local/bin/espmount.bash 0, is that right? Because that command not working for me by the way.

Hit to step 5, I was able to run the command ./create_patched_DSDT.command but still got the "error patchmatic_auto_patch.bash: command not found ". What should I do to fix that error and get to step 6? Thank in advanced!

58 minutes ago, kuroo123 said:

Should I delete them all and just keep my DSDT and SSDT extract from my folder Clover/ACPI/origin and keep working on those files???

Yes, you should delete the files in the ACPI-Tables folder and put your own 'clean' .aml files in there (press F4 when you're at the boot drive selection window of Clover during the boot process, and find them under EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin). First, you should install the necessary tools, by running Utilities/install_tools.command. Then, run the command, the first one (create_patched_DSDT.command) will generate and compile the necessary dsl files and the second command (install_ACPI_to_ESP.command) wil place then in the appropriate destinations.

1 hour ago, kuroo123 said:

If I already mount EFI with Clover, so there is no need to run command /usr/local/bin/espmount.bash 0, is that right? 

Correct.

1 hour ago, kuroo123 said:

Because that command not working for me by the way.

If you run Utilities/install_tools.command you should be able to run the command properly.

• Like 1

You should install brcmpatchram3, brcmfirmwarerepo and brcmbluetoothinjector from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that you installed 10.14.6 - these files are for Catalina

I managed to get it working by using only Airportbrcmfixup and the the 3 BrcmPatchR kexts. The fakepciid kexts weren't necessary so I removed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Styxie said:

If you run Utilities/install_tools.command you should be able to run the command properly.

Thank you very much. I did successfully.

By the way, I'm running macOS Catalina and got some issues as described below:

1. Brightness level not saved after reboot.

2. TouchPad running not smoothly and only able to use 2 fingers to scroll up or down and doesn't have other futures with 3 fingers.

3. Fn keys function not fully working, only some Fn keys like F1/F2/F3 (Mute/Volume Down/Volume Up) and F5/F6 (Brightness Down/Up) are working, these other Fn keys like F12 (open LaunchPad) are not working. Does anyone have the same problem? Any ideas to fix this issue?

5 hours ago, kuroo123 said:

2. TouchPad running not smoothly and only able to use 2 fingers to scroll up or down and doesn't have other futures with 3 fingers.

If you install the updated VoodooPS2 kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2) you gain proper use of the trackpad, but you lose trackpoint (the red dot think) functionality, or so I've heard. I prefer the trackpoint and do not use the trackpad that often, so I prefer to use tlucks version

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 2:46 AM, verleihnix said:

The 2nd cutout is needed. You can do it with a small jigsaw. There are a few who did it.

Be careful, it is your own risk.

IMG_5407.thumb.JPG.b82a9058373856cf7ea09e3bd8e23739.JPG

I am using a org Apple WIFI BCM94360CS2 with adapter.

The bottom cover has a small dent, which I can live with.

Therefore the complete WIFI and bluetooth Kext and Patches are not needed.

Handoff, Continuity and Apple Watch unlock is working.

I am interested in using BCM94360CS2 with adapter too, do you mind sharing the link where you bought the adapter? Thanks a lot!

22 hours ago, nijhawank said:

Support for physical buttons has been added and working nicely in the latest version of acidenthra’s voodoops2. It hasn’t been released yet but I tried the latest compiled version from goldfish64 kext repository at https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiP7m5LaOED-m-J8-MLJGnOgAqnjGw and it works beautifully

Do you mean the trackpoint (red dot thingy between the G, H and B key) works, as well as the physical buttons directly underneath the space bar? And the trackpad works as it should also?

33 minutes ago, Styxie said:

Do you mean the trackpoint (red dot thingy between the G, H and B key) works, as well as the physical buttons directly underneath the space bar? And the trackpad works as it should also?

Yes, I installed it as well.

Many thanks to the developer and to nijhawank for pointing this out.

• Like 1

I seem to have an issue with connecting to personal hotspot: with my DW1560 running 10.15.1 the machine is unable to make a connection. The wifi-waves just keep rolling, until eventually there's a dialog saying some generic error that doesn't help me any further. Does anyone else encounter this problem?

thanks guys.

i was looking at getting a box for my son (11 years old ) that mostly plays games like Roblox and Minecraft. He used my Dell quad-core (i7-4800MQ with Haswell) and loved it. so i wondering as I dont know if there is enough juice in a dual-core with Sklylake to be a good gaming laptop.

btw, i updated the repo with the latest clover and kexts. some report problems with 2.5.0 IntelMausiEthernet

Note: i turned on TSO for ipv4/ipv6) so maybe that is a problem?

On 11/20/2019 at 5:21 AM, tluck said:

cool. looks like they added my fixes for clickPad buttons (that rehab man put into his main branch) into the latest version! I will compile and add to the repo.

I've been using Acidanthera's latest (2.0.4) version of VoodooPS2 for a while, and it works almost perfectly. But one major problem I have is that scrolling using a combination of the middle button with the touchpoint triggers tens of tabs to be opened if the cursor passes over a link while scrolling.

Was this one of the fixes you were expected had been incorporated? Is there any way to disable the middle click and instead use that button only for scrolling?

On 11/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, nijhawank said:

Support for physical buttons has been added and working nicely in the latest version of acidenthra’s voodoops2. It hasn’t been released yet but I tried the latest compiled version from goldfish64 kext repository at https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiP7m5LaOED-m-J8-MLJGnOgAqnjGw and it works beautifully

I installed above mentioned kext and ist works very nice.

Scrolling google search results (mid button and trackpoint) does not open the links on page

Same here, mid-button and trackpoint does not open tabs in Google. However, clicking the trackpad results in some weird middle-mouse button behavior that I don't really understand. I would expect it to just act like a left mouse button click. A secondary minor issue is that pressing Prt Scr now disables both the trackpad and the trackpoint, whereas the previous version of the VoodooPS2 kext in tlucks repo only disabled the trackpad. 

UPDATE: No wait it does, the middle mouse button just below the spacebar does open links in a separate tab. But so does the old kext edited by tluck (v1.9.2) I just never checked it thoroughly enough!

Edited by Styxie

hmm. odd, my version of the kext worked for middle button scroll with the red button. And I checked the code for rehabMan's v1.9.2 and which IIRC worked as well. and I looked at acidanthera.

I looked at the code. and all3 seem very very similiar and seem to have logic for middle mouse scroll to not do a click?

make sure these properties are set:

ForcePassThrough true

Thinkpad true

MouseMiddleScroll true

FakeMiddleButton false

Edited by tluck

On 11/29/2019 at 2:48 PM, verleihnix said:

I installed above mentioned kext and ist works very nice.

Scrolling google search results (mid button and trackpoint) does not open the links on page

Hi, I tried the kext you linked to, same problem unfortunately. Here's a quick screen recording so you can see what happens as I scroll over links (middle button pressed and held down just once). 

@tluck, thanks to you too. I checked my settings are as you suggested. Acidantera's version 2.0.4 has MouseMiddleScroll commented out in the code. 

Hi,

Is anyone having issues with Broadcom Wifi on 10.15.1? Wifi card is disabled in Network preferences (was working fine on 10.13.6 before). Tried to install kexts in /L/E but that didn't solve the issue. Checked the Bcrm kexts from: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

But those provided in latest release (with clover r5099) seem to be up-to-date.

Is there anything specific I can try to re-enable wifi card?

20 hours ago, wriggles said:

Hi, I tried the kext you linked to, same problem unfortunately. Here's a quick screen recording so you can see what happens as I scroll over links (middle button pressed and held down just once). 

@tluck, thanks to you too. I checked my settings are as you suggested. Acidantera's version 2.0.4 has MouseMiddleScroll commented out in the code. 

Screen Recording 2019-12-01 at 22.14.46.mov

maybe try putting the attached SSDT-PS2K aml file in your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder 

and my old kext seems to be in here: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases/tag/v2018.04.04 (wonder if that works?)

so did you add the ForcePassThrough property? because I dont see that property in the acidanthera Info.plist. I dont know if

this is code section in 2.0.4

so to Avoid the middle click these have to happen

passthru = true

isthinkpad = true

combinedButtons = 4

------------------------------------------------

else if (w == 3 && passthru) {

AbsoluteTime timestamp;

clock_get_uptime(&timestamp);

UInt32 combinedButtons = buttons | ((buf[0] & 0x3) | (buf[3] & 0x3)) | _clickbuttons | thinkpadButtonState;

if (/*mousemiddlescroll && */((buf[1] & 0x4) || thinkpadButtonState == 4)) // only for physical middle button

{

if (dx != 0 || dy != 0)

thinkpadMiddleScrolled = true;

// middle button treats deltas for scrolling

SInt32 scrollx = 0, scrolly = 0;

if (abs(dx) > abs(dy))

scrollx = dx;// * mousescrollmultiplierx;

else

scrolly = dy;// * mousescrollmultipliery;

if (isthinkpad && thinkpadMiddleButtonPressed)

{

scrolly = scrolly * thinkpadNubScrollYMultiplier;

scrollx = scrollx * thinkpadNubScrollXMultiplier;

}

dispatchScrollWheelEvent(scrolly, -scrollx, 0, timestamp);

dx = dy = 0;

}

dx *= mousemultiplierx;

dy *= mousemultipliery;

//If this is a thinkpad, we do extra logic here to see if we're doing a middle click

if (isthinkpad)

{

if (/*mousemiddlescroll && */combinedButtons == 4)

{

thinkpadMiddleButtonPressed = true;

}

else

{

if (thinkpadMiddleButtonPressed && !thinkpadMiddleScrolled)

dispatchRelativePointerEvent(dx, -dy, 4, timestamp);

dispatchRelativePointerEvent(dx, -dy, combinedButtons, timestamp);

thinkpadMiddleButtonPressed = false;

thinkpadMiddleScrolled = false;

}

}

else

{

dispatchRelativePointerEvent(dx, -dy, combinedButtons, timestamp);

}

SSDT-PS2K-Archive.zip