New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

so does anyone know how to make Sygate Personal Firewall Pro like torrents. i can only download when it is disabled, and i do not like it when my firewall is disabled

1. I'm using Vista, RTM build 5840. I've used BitTorrent on ALL Vista builds downloading all kinds of stuff and never had this error. I'm even downloading 3 or 4 other files at the same time as this one and this file is the only one that gives me this error.

2. I've tried other Torrent programs, although not utorrent, but I keep going back to the original. It just seems to be the most reliable IMO for me. I'd rather try and solve the problem than simply ignore it and use another software...

1. Well, since it is vista you never know if they changed just one thing that causes it to fail (Just look at Photoshop CS2 in RC2, which caused Aero glass to fall back to Basic), but really it could be anything.

2. Download utorrent, it's small and works great, I even run it in wine on Linux and OSX, it's that damn good.

EDIT: And although this has nothing to do with your problem, I had no idea that RTM build was out, i'm downloading it now off of demonoid :-D

I hope transcode 360 is working this time around, they said they got it fixed, then again they said it was fixed for RC2 :-(

EDIT: And although this has nothing to do with your problem, I had no idea that RTM build was out, i'm downloading it now off of demonoid :-D

5840 is an RTM candidate, not the final RTM build. Nor is build 5920 the final RTM. RTM is expected to be build 6000 out in a few days.

Gotta love when the *experts* chime in, lol. We said RTM build, can you read? We never said *the* RTM build. And yes everyone knows about the keys, and if they didn't they read it where they downloaded the torrent. If they didn't they are morons anyway.

Guest bikedude880
Gotta love when the *experts* chime in, lol. We said RTM build, can you read? We never said *the* RTM build. And yes everyone knows about the keys, and if they didn't they read it where they downloaded the torrent. If they didn't they are morons anyway.

And yet I love how none of this has to do with the new JaS release... :)

Second im using (a little) Vista RC x64 downloaded form demonoid activated wih RC! serial number :)

Yeah all good, but what build? I install 5744 on the weekend(on a spare drive while waiting for 10.4.8) and that works and activates online with a RC1 reg code no issues. On the other hand I held back on getting 5840 because it has been clearly stated that activation with RC1 or other codes does not work.

Sorry correct me if I am wrong but I thought this topic was

New JaS DVD, 10.4.8, sse3 intel only

like mentioned in the title so what the :censored2: has it got to do with RC1 and Vista ???

Anyway thanks jas and team for your efforts I am downloading it now proberly will take me a day or two but that is ok I will be leaving it to seed for a few days after then even if you release the AMD SSE2 patch before as I need to give back what I have taken

Guest bikedude880
Sorry correct me if I am wrong but I thought this topic was

New JaS DVD, 10.4.8, sse3 intel only

like mentioned in the title so what the :censored2: has it got to do with RC1 and Vista ???

Truly. There is a Windows forum on here... perhaps you could find it?

I hate hitting refresh, seeing a new post and thinking that someone has something useful to say about this release...

I hate hitting refresh, seeing a new post and thinking that someone has something useful to say about this release...

I second that. While its downloading, I'm getting my Wish List ready at new egg. :censored2:

My new $450 PC will run 10.4.8 quite nicely

NdofTaworld

New C2D

Intel's new Core Microarchitecture, as featured in Core 2 (codenames Merom, Conroe) introduce a large number of improvements over the previous Core Solo and Core Duo (codenamed Yonah) processor range:

* Improved decoders: Yonah has three instruction decoders, one capable of decoding complex instructions with up to four micro-ops, the other two capable of decoding simple instructions consisting of a single micro-op. Merom has one complex and three simple instruction decoders. Also, the Merom simple instruction decoders can decode many simple SSE instructions which could only be decoded by the complex decoder on Yonah, vastly increasing the number of instructions that can be decoded in SSE heavy code.

* Macrofusion: In some cases, the instruction decoder can merge two instructions into one. That is the case for example for a compare instruction followed by a conditional branch, which can now be decoded as a single instruction.

* Larger reorder buffer: The reorder buffer is required for Out-of-Order execution (OoO). It keeps track of instructions that cannot yet be executed because they have to wait for the results of other instructions. As long as the reorder buffer is not filled, instructions that are ready for execution can bypass instructions that were issued earlier, but are not ready for execution yet. The reorder buffer has been increased from 40 to 96 entries.

* More reservation stations: Reservation stations are needed for instructions that are ready for execution, but need to wait for an execution unit to become available. Reservation stations are needed when a large number of instructions all use the same execution unit. The number of reservation stations is increased from 24 to 32.

* More micro-ops despatched/retired per cycle: Merom can despatch (that is, move from the reorder buffer to the reservation stations) four micro-ops per cycle, and also can retire (that is, store results into registers or send them to memory) four micro-ops per cycle, compared to three micro-ops despatched and retired per cycle on Yonah. In addition, Merom often uses fewer micro-ops for the same instructions than Yonah, especially for SSE instructions.

* One additional port: Merom has an additional execution port, which can process either ALU instructions (integer instructions) or SSE instructions. As a result, Merom can execute three arithmetic operations (integer, SSE and floating point) with the restriction that there is at most one floating-point addition and one floating-point multiplication per cycle. Yonah could only execute two arithmetic operations per cycle.

* Improved SSE operations: Merom is capable of executing 128 bit SSE instructions; on Yonah, these instructions are automatically split into two 64 bit instructions, needing twice the time.

* Increased data paths to and from L1 cache: Merom has a 128 bit connection to L1 cache for load and store operations instead of Yonah's 64 bit path. This means that SSE load and store operation can be performed in one instead of two cycles.

* Memory disambiguation: Whenever a processor loads data from memory, it has to wait for preceeding store instructions to finish, unless it knows that the store instruction used a different address. In practice this means that loading data from memory has to stall, even though the load and store address later turn out to be different. Merom solves this problem by "guessing" that there is no conflict between stores and loads, and executing instructions again if the guess was wrong. This is done using a technique similar to branch prediction.

How can they manage to fake seeds,,,,just curious

Junio Vitorino its faster according to what i have read,,so yes performance and probably support for more hardware

Thanks figgty i wait than it improve the performance , i find than after 10.4.7 combo update i lost performance. :)

Thanks by the eternity Jas. :D

A very simple question for everybody: why the hell this download is being SO slow?!? After 2 days it's about 79%... :)

because there only is one seed and 1933 leechers and everyone on the torrent is at 0.79...meaning we will all finish at or around the same time

because there only is one seed and 1933 leechers and everyone on the torrent is at 0.79...meaning we will all finish at or around the same time

And the best part is, we're all gonna leave the torrent at the same time after it's done, because we are all so sick of watching the screen seeing it not go anywhere :-)

New DVD based on brand-new 10.4.8's DVD manufacture?

Or is based on 10.4.4's compact disc

It is much closer to 10.4.8 on a real mac, it has the 10.4.8 kernel (darwin 8.8.1) and should support more hardware (I think, specifically things like other video cards) It's based on the 10.4.4 DVD (only as a base) then includes the Apple 10.4.8 combo updater, and a new patched kernel.

someone else correct/add to me if I don't quite have it right.