New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

Its on the demon now, Thanks go to JaS, and all the kernel dev's

Please dont post stupid comments here , like if it supports sse2 or amd, because at the moment it doesn't so don't ask when it will.

Updates will be in the form of ppf's

Thanks JaS, is there any difference if i update my AMD system from 10.4.7 with 10.4.8updaterAMD between waiting for the ppf's and using this one?

Thanks for all your hard work! really appreciate it

I am currently running Mac OS X Server 10.4.8 with kernel 8.8.1. To manage this I have installed the old JaS 10.4.7 disc (plus the NP Server version.) checked the SSE3 intel patch, plus the server packages. Now when the install was finished. I updated trough Apple updater to Server 10.4.8, overwrited the kernel with Vitality´s kernel and updated the other AppleSMBios.kext.

Now the question is, if I do a clean install with this new kernel install disc would it be any diffirent? I am missing some new stuff?

this is off-topic, but it relates as this is a large download that lots of people are after.

I typically get 150k/sec downloading (at least have been tonight) and I have a my upload cap set at 55 kb/sec

I have more bandwitdth and try to raise my upload cap but if I do my download drops to 20k/sec (upload runs up over 100kb/sec). Is the upload just clogging the connection so much that it can't communicate enough to get more downloading? Just asking because I'd like to open my upload as much as possible, anyone else experienced this?

Transmission v0.6.1

connection: rated at 7Mb/512Kb

testing at 12Mb/1Mb

It's simply that the torrent cannot be served that fast when there is only one seeder and they have limited bandwidth.

If you were to wait until there are more seeders, you'd get a very nice speed i'm sure ;-)