New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

gee.. can we skip all the torrent whining.. half of the comments are about bittorrent and people not seeding enuff etc..

you ppl should just wait for the files to get posted on usenet and get yourself usenet accounts..

Please stop talking about BT performance good or bad period.

:happymac:

osxG

gee.. can we skip all the torrent whining.. half of the comments are about bittorrent and people not seeding enuff etc..

I cant see why a bunch of people keep whining about others, torrent talk :)

This is some of the biggest news/event thats been around here in a long time.

No one has the DVD yet, so what do you expect them to post about. This is a forum, thats what you do :blink:

Sorry Mister, we'll try to keep the noise down over here :happymac:

I think it is sad people want the DVD but don't want to wait.

You should be grateful Jas took his time and made the DVD for everyone.

When the file is completely uploaded from 1 seeder than everybody can get it.

So far it has taken me a long time to download what I have and I'm also sharing at the same time.

Instead of complaining you should be thanking Jas for what he has done for us.

Jas thank you for everything you have done for the community.

I cant see why a bunch of people keep whining about others, torrent talk

Ack...

no offense but additionally - everyone who is whining about the speed seems not going to seed until 1.0 ratio...

no offense but additionally - everyone who is whining about the speed seems not going to seed until 1.0 ratio...

Not me :blink: But 1.0 is my limit on all torrents :)

I'll laugh if after downloading the torrent - we (about 2000+ of us) find out that the ISO has some CRC error...

Advanced Rar Repair :happymac:

86.9% here should be seeding tommorow:P, besides that I don't see why people complaining about seeds so much anymore considering the idea that this isn't going to bad a speed or atleast for me it isn't..... 130kb/s +/-......

tip: cut with the pron why downloading this;).... little willie could wait

Nothing wrong with the seed disconnected to let everyone catch up, lots of folks are just leechers so this helps with that by forcing them to upload while they wait for the seeder to get back on. It's not uncommon I've seen folks do this a lot on BT. Just be grateful we can download it at all without having to rebuild the kernel ourselves if it's too slow do some research and you could just do it yourself plenty on folks already have. But if your like me and don't want to try to do some research and trial and error then like me just be patient with the download. I'm sure like me most of us can't afford a Mac right now so if I have to wait a week no biggie if I had to save $$$ for a Mac it would take me very long like a good 10mo-1year of saving $$$ so by contrast a week is GREAT!

Thanks

Jas and the Kernel developers.

B0 error do a search on the forums there various ways to fix even using JaS boot up disk. I couldn't tell ya how cuz I can't do it from memory to save my life but I found several ways when I also had this problem.

i have the same problem on my 10.4.6 Jas DVD, what can I do to fix it?

well... I used XP and OSX two systems... so you can copy the file in DVD which named "chain0" to c:\ and add

C:\chain0="Mac OSX"

in "boot.ini"

And I don't know how to solve this if you just setup OSX,maybe Partion magic will be helpful... Use it to make your mac partion active...

How is 50 hours str8 so far , is that good enough for you ?

@ graphic Design

I use toast or nero, Just depends. Any burning utility should burn the .ISO with out problems

JaS, the seeding is going great, plus with all the leechers I figured it would have taken longer. My upload ratio is 3.97 : 1

Thanks again.

MACNUT.