darkvoid

[FIX] macOS Sierra DP1 BCM94532Z WiFi

131 posts in this topic

Advertisement

This seems to be a real positive step forward for me.  I see the kext loading now but I still don't have a wifi device.  But then, I have a slightly different chipset (BCM94352HMB).

@darkvoid

Hi, 

This works for me , got my wifi working.

My card is BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H supports both Airport and BT4LE. Specs in signature.

Just a question should we use this as a replacement to earlier patches for this card or in addition to pre existing patches as described by Toleda in the following topic,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/ .

Great work.

Thanks

@ mnfesq

I have the same card as yours seems to be working for me.

This is my system report when using this patch in addition to the earlier patches for our card.

Software Versions:

CoreWLAN: 11.0 (1200.16)

CoreWLANKit: 12.0 (1200.16)

Menu Extra: 12.0 (1200.19)

System Information: 12.0 (1200.2)

IO80211 Family: 12.0 (1200.12.2)

Diagnostics: 7.0 (700.5)

AirPort Utility: 6.3.7 (637.3)

Interfaces:

en1:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x2123)

Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.149.34.1a7)

MAC Address: ------------------------

Locale: FCC

Country Code: US

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165

Wake On Wireless: Supported

AirDrop: Supported

AirDrop Channel: 149

@macq,

Its too early to say which patches previously used are still relevant. We are just at DP1, once macOS Sierra reaches release it would be good to consolidate all required patches.

@FredWst,

I haven't tried booting this in recovery mode. Will see if there is anything to learn from the recovery mode boot scenario. Also the BMC94352Z working in recovery mode might indicate that future release of the developer preview could still support the device properly without additional patches.

On macOS Sierra DP1, when using a BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card, AirportBrcm4360.kext no longer successfully loads.

This problem is caused by the driver not being able to initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator).

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:

Kext:    AirPortBrcm4360
Find:    81F952AA00007529 
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

Through Clover config.plist:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Thanks for such a great patch which also works with Enoch v.2830 by Hex Editor

I have Dell DW1560 (BCM94532Z) in XPS 13 9350. Still failed to turn on Wi-Fi after patching. Bluetooth looks like working fine.

Console log is like this:

AirPort_Brcm4360:: init AirPortFamily_kexts -1200.17.1 "AirPortFamily_kexts-1200.17.1" Jun  3 2016 14:12:07

Service found 1000003cb

srom rev:11

ChangeVC0 => vco:960, xtalF:40, frac:98, ndivMode:3, ndivint:24

Data written into the PLL_CNTRL_ADDR2: 00000c31

Data written into the PLL_CNTRL_ADDR3 (Fractional): 0000100e

wlcStart failed

AirPort_Brcm43XX::start: failed

Memory leak of bytes 280

AirPort_Brcm43XX::start: Failed 'startGated()'

@Axam,

I specifically made the patch for the card you are using. The patch must not be applied correctly in your case.

Please double-check that all is in place correctly.

Confirmed working on Dell wireless DW1550. Hotspot/handoff does not. I guess it needs a new clover patch.

I am using the same patch for handoff/hotspot that I use with El Capitan and it is working fine for me.

post-270804-0-43953500-1467305231_thumb.png

On macOS Sierra DP1, when using a BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card, AirportBrcm4360.kext no longer successfully loads.

This problem is caused by the driver not being able to initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator).

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:

Kext:    AirPortBrcm4360
Find:    81F952AA00007529 
Through Clover config.plist:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

I had BCM94350ZAE/DW1820a [14e4:43a3] installed on HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1. The card can power up. It seems works fine.

In `Status menu', Wi-Fi changing between `Wi-Fi: On' and `Wi-Fi: Looking for Networks...'.

When I click `Join Other Network...' -> Show Networks -> Scanning..., there is no wireless network list shown. Latest result:

In `System Information' (`System Report...') -> Network -> Wi-Fi

Software Versions:
  CoreWLAN:    11.0 (1101.20)
  CoreWLANKit:    11.0 (1101.20)
  Menu Extra:    11.0 (1121.34.2)
  System Information:    12.0 (1100.2)
  IO80211 Family:    11.1 (1110.26)
  Diagnostics:    5.1 (510.88)
  AirPort Utility:    6.3.6 (636.5)
  Interfaces:
en1:
  Card Type:    AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x21)
  Firmware Version:    Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.95.175.1a6)
  MAC Address:    ab:cd:ef:ab:cd:ef
  Locale:    FCC
  Country Code:    US
  Supported PHY Modes:    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Supported Channels:    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
  Wake On Wireless:    Supported
  AirDrop:    Supported, Channel 149

So the real problem is No Result after Scanning! Is it possible to develop a patch for it (may be in `AirPortBrcm4360.kext')? How to see the log of this problem, how to debug this problem?

Could you give a help?

Thanks.

PS: This card works fine in both Ubuntu & Win 8.1 / 10.

bcm.zip

While this patch worked perfectly on my BCM94352HMB card in the DP1 Beta, after applying the DP2 Update though the Bluetooth/USB side of the card remains functional, Wi-Fi no longer works.

have you tried adding the AirportBrcm4360 to the "force kexts to load" option of clover then booting without caches?

you would have to add the complete path to the Brcm kext in this manner if you want it to load

<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
 <array>
 <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360.kext</string>
 </array>

you need to use back slashes not forward slashes like posted in the code box if not clover will not find the kexts info plist file.

have you tried adding the AirportBrcm4360 to the "force kexts to load" option of clover then booting without caches?

you would have to add the complete path to the Brcm kext in this manner if you want it to load

<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
 <array>
 <string>\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360.kext</string>
 </array>

you need to use back slashes not forward slashes like posted in the code box if not clover will not find the kexts info plist file.

I applied the edits in clover (as shown) however I did not quite get the additional edit needed to the Brcm kext you described.   Where exactly is the Brcm kext and where in the info.plist should the string be placed ?

post-1126120-0-46184100-1468211656_thumb.jpg

post-1126120-0-96003100-1468211716_thumb.jpg

In the first picture you only put the name of the kext.

Clover will have issues reading whatever kext you type in there when you do that. The issue is like I stated before. Clover will not read the info plist of any kext you put in there like that because it causes the kext to not be"Forced" loaded since clover finds it to be "incomplete". 

1- Put the path where you have it in the first picture in clover configurator like so (You can copy and past it from the code box below)

\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360.kext

2- In the ACPI patches menu make sure to have "AddDTGP" and "FixAirport" selected

3- in Devices menu, copy and paste into the wifi box 

0x43BA14E4

Hi,

I found that 5ghz not working after some time running 10.12 dp2. Any similar problem?

5GHz patch applied and verified working under dp2. But after a while under system information Wifi tab it lists none of 5ghz channel.

In the first picture you only put the name of the kext.

Clover will have issues reading whatever kext you type in there when you do that. The issue is like I stated before. Clover will not read the info plist of any kext you put in there like that because it causes the kext to not be"Forced" loaded since clover finds it to be "incomplete". 

1- Put the path where you have it in the first picture in clover configurator like so (You can copy and past it from the code box below)

\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360.kext

2- In the ACPI patches menu make sure to have "AddDTGP" and "FixAirport" selected

3- in Devices menu, copy and paste into the wifi box 

0x43BA14E4

Firstly, thanks for your reply and specific instructions.    After carefully inputing all of your directed changes, Clover booted to a blank/black screen on both my El Capitan 10.11.5 & Sierra Public Beta partitions.   My only confusion is are the above changes to be made in addition to or instead of your first listed hack ?

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 81F952AA00007529

I assumed the new changes were to be made in addition to so I left the 1st/DP1 hack alone and did not remove it.   Maybe the additional changes require Sierra to be the only Volume that clover is booting ?

yes you still need darkvoids sierra patch. i added DTGP fix to the list because it is necessary for wifi fix to work. if you already have a dtgp method in dsdt then i guess it is not needed but usually clover would detect if its there and not patch the dsdt for dtgp.