[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Guest ricoc90

hi, Here is the output of the first one 

Last login: Sun Nov  5 20:50:11 on console[/size]

iMac-de-Dell:~ dell$ kextstat | egrep "AMD|Accelerator"

94    2 0xffffff7f82950000 0x122000   0x122000   com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport (1.5.8) 8D2ACF79-71D8-3500-A853-C1D2B01C4FDC <81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

95    0 0xffffff7f82ab5000 0xea000    0xea000    com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller (1.5.8) 0D2838A6-1996-3CAF-8E3A-C1814269A179 <94 81 12 11 5 4 3 1>

114    0 0xffffff7f82759000 0x1da000   0x1da000   com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.5.8) 5170B11E-429F-3006-A0DA-D23777FCFBA9 <113 81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

134    0 0xffffff7f82a7f000 0x22000    0x22000    com.apple.kext.AMDLegacyFramebuffer (1.5.8) D1BFDFE9-3E2B-3D7C-AFA1-F59FA6C411AA <94 81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

here is the second one :

iMac-de-Dell:~ dell$ ioreg | grep ATY

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000345, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x100000348, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 19>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000346, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x10000034e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000347, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x100000354, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>

You did install the kexts from Sierra, right? How did you install them? Since they're not being loaded, hence why you don't have acceleration. 

run 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo kextcache -i /
and reboot

You did install the kexts from Sierra, right? How did you install them? Since they're not being loaded, hence why you don't have acceleration. 

run 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*
sudo kextcache -i /
and reboot

Hi, I install the kexts using kext wizard , AMD5000Controller.kext/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver/IOAccelerator2D/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext, nvram clean up. 

After running the command I got : 

Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc52dd23470 [0x7fffa07505b0]> { URL = "AMD5000Controller.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller" }

KernelCache ID: 1078A6C25CE73D0B2650392C7086C5CB

Hi, I install the kexts using kext wizard , AMD5000Controller.kext/AMDRadeonX3000.kext/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver/IOAccelerator2D/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext, nvram clean up. 

Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc52dd23470 [0x7fffa07505b0]> { URL = "AMD5000Controller.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller" }

Normal Kext invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: to load  :) 

Do you reboot?

Guest ricoc90

Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc52dd23470 [0x7fffa07505b0]> { URL = "AMD5000Controller.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller" }[/size]

This is strange, since it still doesn't mention AMDRadeonX3000.kext (acceleration) and IOAccelerator2family.kext.

Run

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext

Guest ricoc90

correct me if I'm wrong may the Radeon HD 5450 is activate by AMD5000Controller.kext

the 5450 depends on the AMDRadeonX3000.kext for acceleration

In his case AMDRadeonX3000, as well as IOAccelerator2family.kext aren't loaded which explains why he doesn't have acceleration

AMD5000Controller handles the framebuffer personalities, but in order to do so AMDRadeonX3000 needs to be loaded

the 5450 depends on the AMDRadeonX3000.kext for acceleration

In his case AMDRadeonX3000, as well as IOAccelerator2family.kext aren't loaded which explains why he doesn't have acceleration

AMD5000Controller handles the framebuffer personalities, but in order to do so AMDRadeonX3000 needs to be loaded

is not changing the kext in the second shot, only in the first attemp ; I think?

This is strange, since it still doesn't mention AMDRadeonX3000.kext (acceleration) and IOAccelerator2family.kext.

Run

sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext

HI,

Here are the results sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext

after running the command I decided to watch a youtube video and the problem seen least noticeable. Maybe my system is not loading the kexts correctly. :huh:

thanks for the help  :)

PD. just for curiosity I run this command:

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/IOAccelerator2family.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAccelerator2family.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

iMac-de-Dell:~ dell$

Normal Kext invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: to load   :) 

Do you reboot?

Yes,  I reboot the system after the command. 

thanks for the help   :)

Guest ricoc90

after running the command I decided to watch a youtube video and the problem seen least noticeable. Maybe my system is not loading the kexts correctly. :huh:

Your system isn't loading the kexts at all. AMDRadeonX3000.kext, which gives you the acceleration, is depending on IOAccelerator2family.kext. 

If one of these (or both) aren't loaded, you won't have acceleration.

In your case, IOAccelerator2family.kext nor AMDRadeonX3000.kext are loaded, as you can see in your output from kextstat in your previous reply. 

BTW, It's not IOAccelerator2family.kext but IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext, hence why it says that the kext isn't found  :P

My advise: restore the original kexts and try again.

That is, restore the original High Sierra kexts to be sure that you're starting off clean

Then replace these:

AMDRadeonX3000.kext
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
IOAccelerator2D.plugin
IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

With the ones from Sierra.

Yes,  I reboot the system after the command. 

thanks for the help   :)

Not the command  I think your not reinstall the 4 kext after first Failled attempt  :D

Do you have reinstall the 4 Kext ?

Not the command  I think your not reinstall the 4 kext after first Failled attempt  :D

Do you have reinstall the 4 Kext ?

I did reinstall the four kexts but the results haven't changed. Maybe I need to modify the config file because it appears that the kexts are not loading properly. 

I try to load it manually and I get this error 

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAccelerator2family.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I did reinstall the four kexts but the results haven't changed. Maybe I need to modify the config file because it appears that the kexts are not loading properly. 

Yes you need modify config.plist, and you need also deleted SSDT-GFX0.aml

Guest ricoc90

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/IOAccelerator2family.kext.[/size]

Again: it's not IOAccelerator2family.kext but IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext. 

Regardless of config, framebuffer, SSDT or whatever, IOAcceleratorfamily2.kext should always be loaded. If IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext isn't loaded, then AMDRadeonX3000 won't either. 

In your case IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext isn't loaded, as you can see from your kextstat output.

run 

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext
It'll tell you why it can't load that kext.

Not sure if you can install with the onboard graphics. if so it'll indeed only be VESA.

Assuming you're on the SFF version:

Putting your Optiplex Dell 755 hardware into a new case won't be easy. The motherboard is *BTX, while PC cases are *ATX. The IO of an BTX board is placed right, as where ATX's IO is placed left.

It might be possible to use the Optiplex DT (also requires low profile cards but more PCI expansion slots) or MT (accepts regular sized pci/pci-e cards) case.

However, I'm not sure of this.

It should work. The adapter is not showing up under System profiler -> Bluetooth? Your device id is also listed in the kexts I showed you, so I don't know why it's not working.

thanks for reply.

dell 775 is tower (but core 2 duo), instead i have an optiplex 990 but SFF (i5 with 8gb of ram).

In case i'm moving 990DT hardware to a new case to allocate ATI R7 260X i can follow this guide ?

But i need specific files for 990? i see  DSDT_and_config_for_Optiplex990.zip but it has support for another GPU. i can use it anyway ?can have hw issue because is of a 990 tower and my dell id 990dt

Another  question regarding configuration of this GPU i have to use zip kext thant contain?

-AMDRadeonX300kext

-AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

-IOAccelerator2D.plugin

-IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

or a more specific kext for this GPU?

let me know

thanks in advance

Again: it's not IOAccelerator2family.kext but IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext. 

Regardless of config, framebuffer, SSDT or whatever, IOAcceleratorfamily2.kext should always be loaded. If IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext isn't loaded, then AMDRadeonX3000 won't either. 

In your case IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext isn't loaded, as you can see from your kextstat output.

run 

sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext
It'll tell you why it can't load that kext.

iMac-de-dell:~ dell$ sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

Password:

Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).

Loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext successfully loaded (or already loaded).

iMac-de-dell:~ dell$ 

I think that I need to modify my config file but I don't know how. 

thanks  :)

Make sure to remove SSDT-GFX0.aml, not need with the kext rollback

try this config

EDIT** 

Do you have a SSDT.aml for the i5 2500 ?

Attaching SSDT.aml for Powermanagemnt i5 2500

Hi, 

I finally manage to get acceleration working your config was in point, also I used different kexts only AMD5000 controller and AMDRadeonX300kext needed. Now everything is working perfectly. I will attach the kext I used so if anyone has the same problem they may help. 

Thank to everyone for the help and patience  :)  :) 

AMDRadeonX3000.kext.zip

AMD5000Controller.kext.zip

• Like 1

Hi,

i successfully manage and moving hardware of a Dell 990DT on a new case to fit also GPU ATI Radeon R7 260X.

boot correctly on Windows and every hardware recognised correctly and without any BIOS warning

Now i'm looking how to install Sierra (deleting old Windows installation, i need only osx for test)

BIOS give me opportunity to install in Legacy or UEFI mode ( i set Legacy to follow this guide)

created Sierra's usb pen on a mac and used last clover using setting:

Bootloader / Install boot0af in the MBR
CloverEFI / Clover-EFI 64Bit SATA
Drivers64UEFI / EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI / OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Drivers64UEFI / PartitionDxe-64

Now i have to copy using zip.gif  DSDT_and_config_for_Optiplex990.zip   14.33KB   300 downloads (Patched DSDT (PEG0) for HD5450, Sound with AppleALC - LayoutID 15 (0F), config: Create serial number, board serial number, MLB, ROM)

DSDT.aml insert to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/
config.plist insert to EFI/Clover/

and placing kext in 10.12 folder

at startup , setting "-v" and "dont' reboot on kernel panic"

and i get this

https://ibb.co/ewOuTG

how i can solve this problem? is related to config plist or DSDT ?

Hi,

i successfully manage and moving hardware of a Dell 990DT on a new case to fit also GPU ATI Radeon R7 260X.

boot correctly on Windows and every hardware recognised correctly and without any BIOS warning

Now i'm looking how to install Sierra (deleting old Windows installation, i need only osx for test)

BIOS give me opportunity to install in Legacy or UEFI mode ( i set Legacy to follow this guide)

created Sierra's usb pen on a mac and used last clover using setting:

Bootloader / Install boot0af in the MBR
CloverEFI / Clover-EFI 64Bit SATA
Drivers64UEFI / EmuVariableUefi-64
Drivers64UEFI / OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Drivers64UEFI / PartitionDxe-64

Now i have to copy using zip.gif  DSDT_and_config_for_Optiplex990.zip   14.33KB   300 downloads (Patched DSDT (PEG0) for HD5450, Sound with AppleALC - LayoutID 15 (0F), config: Create serial number, board serial number, MLB, ROM)

DSDT.aml insert to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/
config.plist insert to EFI/Clover/

and placing kext in 10.12 folder

at startup , setting "-v" and "dont' reboot on kernel panic"

and i get this

https://ibb.co/ewOuTG

how i can solve this problem? is related to config plist or DSDT ?

Under KernelAndKextPatches

<key>AppleIntelCPUPM</key>
<true/>

make a sig of your complete hardware
thanks

sorry, you're right....signature updated.

ok find it under option on startup.

Now start but present a new issue....it seems related to an unknown device.

can be dued to a bios configuration ?

There is a list of thing that i have to disable?

http://ibb.co/bS3y7b

IoconsoleUser GIOScreenLock is relate to the Graphics card

You can ry the config.plist attaching here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312656-guide-macos-sierra-1012-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/?p=2531440

You can made some little modifications if this not work

• Like 1

IoconsoleUser GIOScreenLock is relate to the Graphics card

You can ry the config.plist attaching here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312656-guide-macos-sierra-1012-dell-optiplex-780-760-755-790-990/?p=2531440

You can made some little modifications if this not work

See here try to ad the file  :)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/329530-hp-pavillon-15-no59sf-hang-atioconsoleusers-gioscreenlockstate-3-hs-0-bs-0-now-0-sm-0x0/?p=2532713