[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Thanks... in addition to or in place of AppleIntel1000e?

Replace by IntelMausie

but if you have the AppleIntel1000e in Plugins of IonetorkingFamilly.kext delete the kext  AppleIntel1000e

IntelMausie work in Clover / kexts / 10.xx  or Other

not in Ionetworkingfamilly  B)

Replace by IntelMausie

but if you have the AppleIntel1000e in Plugins of IonetorkingFamilly.kext delete the kext  AppleIntel1000e

IntelMausie work in Clover / kexts / 10.xx  or Other

not in Ionetworkingfamilly  B)

So, I deleted AppleIntel100e from clover/kexts/10.12, and replaced it with IntelMausiEthernet. This resulted in no ethernet connection whatsoever. Restored AppleIntel1000e, and the internet is back, but with the same wake from sleep problem. Any other suggestions?

So, I deleted AppleIntel100e from clover/kexts/10.12, and replaced it with IntelMausiEthernet. This resulted in no ethernet connection whatsoever. Restored AppleIntel1000e, and the internet is back, but with the same wake from sleep problem. Any other suggestions?

Go to S/L/E and copy IONetworkingFamily.kext to Clover 10.12 

Copy AppleIntel100eI on  ➦ ONetworkingFamily.kext  / Contents / Plugins 

Delete AppleIntel100eI from 10.12

Try let my know

Go to S/L/E and copy IONetworkingFamily.kext to Clover 10.12 

Copy AppleIntel100eI on  ➦ ONetworkingFamily.kext  / Contents / Plugins 

Delete AppleIntel100eI from 10.12

Try let my know

Okay, but one question before I do: Do I delete IONetworkingFamily.kext from S/L/E after I've copied it to Clover/Kexts/10.12?

Okay, but one question before I do: Do I delete IONetworkingFamily.kext from S/L/E after I've copied it to Clover/Kexts/10.12?

Okay, followed this procedure. I have internet, but the same problem on wake. Interestingly, when I put the machine to sleep using the Apple menu, I have ethernet when it wakes up. The problem occurs when the machine goes to sleep on its own.

Okay, followed this procedure. I have internet, but the same problem on wake. Interestingly, when I put the machine to sleep using the Apple menu, I have ethernet when it wakes up. The problem occurs when the machine goes to sleep on its own.

Try more old IntelMausi maybe solved this ?

If you try remove IONetworkingFamily.kext to Clover 10.12 

Try more old IntelMausi maybe solved this ?

If you try remove IONetworkingFamily.kext to Clover 10.12 

Okay, I think you've lost me. Right now, IONetworkingFamily.kext IS in Clover/kexts/10.12, with AppleIntel1000e in the plugins folder of IONetworking family.kext. Are you suggesting that I look for an older version of IntelMausiEthernet to try in place of AppleIntel1000e?

Okay, I think you've lost me. Right now, IONetworkingFamily.kext IS in Clover/kexts/10.12, with AppleIntel1000e in the plugins folder of IONetworking family.kext. Are you suggesting that I look for an older version of IntelMausiEthernet to try in place of AppleIntel1000e?

To try in place Of ONetworkingFamily.kext in Clover/kexts/10.12, with AppleIntel1000e

So remove Ionetwok and thats remove ApleIntelE1000  B)  Replace by a old version of IntelMausie

Sorry my english

To try in place Of ONetworkingFamily.kext in Clover/kexts/10.12, with AppleIntel1000e

So remove Ionetwok and thats remove ApleIntelE1000  B)  Replace by a old version of IntelMausie

Sorry my english

No worries. I greatly appreciate your efforts to help. Replaced with IntelMausiEthernet 1.0, 2.0, and 2.3.0. No internet with any of them. I've restored AppleIntel1000e, and now I have internet again. If you have any more ideas, please feel free to share... right now I'm just not letting the machine go to sleep.

No worries. I greatly appreciate your efforts to help. Replaced with IntelMausiEthernet 1.0, 2.0, and 2.3.0. No internet with any of them. I've restored AppleIntel1000e, and now I have internet again. If you have any more ideas, please feel free to share... right now I'm just not letting the machine go to sleep.

Which AppleIntelE1000 you have?

Guest ricoc90

@Chris1111:

I'm running my optiplex 790 on UEFI straight from the EFI partition now (so no need to create a seperate partition to install Clover on).

I don't know why, but as I said back then I couldn't navigate the EFI because it'd make the BIOS freeze and the GUI would get malformed. Also it wouldn't boot from BOOTX64. Apparently that has to do with the EFI partition itself, not sure why though.

I reformatted the EFI partition and reinstalled Clover without luck: same freezing issue. Then I ran fsck_msdos a couple of times and now I'm able to boot BOOTX64 without any issues  :)

post-1502423-0-69092500-1508853710_thumb.png

@Chris1111:

I'm running my optiplex 790 on UEFI straight from the EFI partition now (so no need to create a seperate partition to install Clover on).

I don't know why, but as I said back then I couldn't navigate the EFI because it'd make the BIOS freeze and the GUI would get malformed. Also it wouldn't boot from BOOTX64. Apparently that has to do with the EFI partition itself, not sure why though.

I reformatted the EFI partition and reinstalled Clover without luck: same freezing issue. Then I ran fsck_msdos a couple of times and now I'm able to boot BOOTX64 without any issues  :)

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-10-24 om 15.59.30.png

do you have a background boot  GUI to large compare to ESP Legacy ?

Guest ricoc90

do you have a background boot  GUI to large compare to ESP Legacy ?

The verbose text just before the Clover GUI comes up (like AFPS logs and such) are really large

But other than that it's fine. Clover's GUI itself as well as the actual boot process is 1080p

Used CsmVideoDxe to get rid of the APFS logs, so it's not really bothering to me

I have change a bit my Slot config  in my Dell Optiplex 790

For people wants to Enable native wifi in a PCI Slot ; Yea Yea PCI Slot, not a PCIe  :D

Take a look to this

Install half-height/low profile x1 PCI Express interface cards in a standard PCI expansion slot

Buy here ➤ Strarthec.com

pci_to10.png

Wireless Wifi Network Card PCI-E to PCI-E1X Desktop Adapter Convertor

mini_p10.png

you will need to cut the Braket and redo two other holes lower to accommodate the low profile

Buy here ➤ Wireless Wifi Network Card PCI

Mini PCI Wifi Atheros AR5B93

s-l16010.jpg

​Buy  here ➤ Atheros AR5B93

Inside my PC  B)

2captu12.jpg

Wifi Native  in a PCI Slot  :hysterical:  :lol:

1captu13.png

Guest ricoc90

I have change a bit my Slot config  in my Dell Optiplex 790

For people wants to Enable native wifi in a PCI Slot ; Yea Yea PCI Slot, not a PCIe  :D

Take a look to this

It's a nice solution for my Optiple 755 too, since that one only has 1 PCIe (graphicscard) and 1 PCI slot  :yes: