[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using High Sierra,

I think that what is happening it is interesting because while using the kext I am able to install High Sierra but without it, I get the same error. 

If you have ATI Radeon 5450

try the EFI Folder, its a patch SSDT.aml for the Graphics card and the config.plist is adapted for

Let me know.

Post edit***

EFI attaching, I rename. SSDT-GFX0.aml

Sorry  :P 

EFI.zip

try the EFI Folder, its a patch SSDT.aml for the Graphics card and the config.plist is adapted for

Let me know.

Post edit***

Thank you for your help, I just finished installing High Sierra(UEFI) in my dell and everything when smoothly, no errors. Now, I am dealing with my sapphire 5450 because my system only recognizes 3 MB of my 1GB card, also I have no audio. I will appreciative any help in this two issues.  

Guest ricoc90

Hi,

I am using High Sierra,

I think that what is happening it is interesting because while using the kext I am able to install High Sierra but without it, I get the same error. 

With "the kext" you mean FakeSMC? Every hack needs FakeSMC.kext in order to work.

Thank you for your help, I just finished installing High Sierra(UEFI) in my dell and everything when smoothly, no errors. Now, I am dealing with my sapphire 5450 because my system only recognizes 3 MB of my 1GB card, also I have no audio. I will appreciative any help in this two issues.  

For audio download Lilu+AppleALC from the first post of this thread and put them in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13 or EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder

As of your 5450, I believe it needs kexts rollback from Sierra:

AMDRadeonX3000.kext
AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle
IOAccelerator2D.plugin
IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

sadly I can't provide you these kexts at the moment

Edit: Actually, in your case I'm not sure if kext rollback is needed.

Ok for the Graphics card try to change the config.plist with the one attaching

Remove SSDT-GFXO.aml on EFI /CLOVER /ACPI /patched

Reboot

EDIT *****

For Audio put the two kext in  kexts /Other

Archive.zip attaching

config.plist.zip

Archive.zip

Ok for the Graphics card try to change the config.plist with the one attaching

Remove SSDT-GFXO.aml on EFI /CLOVER /ACPI /patched

Reboot

EDIT *****

For Audio put the two kext in  kexts /Other

Archive.zip attaching

Thanks to everyone for the information and help, this community is amazing. Regarding my video card,I try replacing the config files and eliminating SSDT-GFXO.aml and my dell boots into the system but later when finishing to load the monitor turn off. 

Again thanks for your patience. 

Thanks to everyone for the information and help, this community is amazing. Regarding my video card,I try replacing the config files and eliminating SSDT-GFXO.aml and my dell boots into the system but later when finishing to load the monitor turn off. 

Again thanks for your patience. 

I think the issue is you do not have both GPU like me, I have i5 2500k HD 3000 and all of my 4  graphics card ATI 5450 works!

Since High Sierra you need a PC with both GPU for the ATI 5450 so you need four kext roll Back 10.12

AMDRadeonX3000.kext

IOAccelerator2D.plugin

IOAcceleratorFamily2

So wait I Upload the kext here from base System Sierra 10.12

You need also new config.plist

EDIT ******

Ok install this kext kext with Kext Wizzard and take a backup of the original

Install kext in System Library Extensions

change the config.plist for the one attaching

and run the tool NVRAM, Kext Cache, PrelinkedKernel Cleanup v.1.0.2.app before reboot

Good luck!  ;)

config.plist.zip

Kext.zip

NVRAM, Kext Cache, PrelinkedKernel Cleanup v.1.0.2.zip

Kext Wizard.zip

• Like 2

Just to report happy things; now in High Sierra 10.13.2 

on Dell Optiplex 790

all my output are available, as much as my HDMI

and my Headphones
AppleALC and latest Lilu   :D

audio10.png

@chris1111,

I just completed a High Sierra install on my Optiplex 790. Everything seems to be working except the Sound.

What are you using, AppleALC?  Which one, what Layout ID? 

Is your Night Shift working?

Thanks. :)

I think the issue is you do not have both GPU like me, I have i5 2500k HD 3000 and all of my 4  graphics card ATI 5450 works!

Since High Sierra you need a PC with both GPU for the ATI 5450 so you need four kext roll Back 10.12

AMDRadeonX3000.kext

IOAccelerator2D.plugin

IOAcceleratorFamily2

So wait I Upload the kext here from base System Sierra 10.12

You need also new config.plist

EDIT ******

Ok install this kext kext with Kext Wizzard and take a backup of the original

Install kext in System Library Extensions

change the config.plist for the one attaching

and run the tool NVRAM, Kext Cache, PrelinkedKernel Cleanup v.1.0.2.app before reboot

Good luck!  ;)

Thanks for your help,  I try using this method and I still got busy timeout, appleACPICPU, MCHC(my sapphire radeon 5450 is killing me) .  :(  I would repeat installation just in case but if you have any other idea I am open to try. Anyways thank you   :thumbsup_anim:

@chris1111,

I just completed a High Sierra install on my Optiplex 790. Everything seems to be working except the Sound.

What are you using, AppleALC?  Which one, what Layout ID? 

Ids your Night Shift working?

Thanks. :)

Hi morpheousman  :)

Her the file  :)

Config, kext and DSDT

Archive.zip

Thanks for your help,  I try using this method and I still got busy timeout, appleACPICPU, MCHC(my sapphire radeon 5450 is killing me) .  :(  I would repeat installation just in case but if you have any other idea I am open to try. Anyways thank you   :thumbsup_anim:

Let me know.

Post edit***

@chris1111 

I just want it to give you an update, after redoing the whole process I discovered that your EFI folder was the solution all along. Now my Sapphire HD5450 is recognize as ATI Radeon 5000 HD  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:. Now the only problem I am trying to tackle is acceleration (I supposed), because when trying to watch a video in full screen I experienced a kind of 'choppiness' in the video. Also, when login a kind of black lines appear like cutting the screen. 

@chris1111 

I just want it to give you an update, after redoing the whole process I discovered that your EFI folder was the solution all along. Now my Sapphire HD5450 is recognize as ATI Radeon 5000 HD  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:. Now the only problem I am trying to tackle is acceleration (I supposed), because when trying to watch a video in full screen I experienced a kind of 'choppiness' in the video. Also, when login a kind of black lines appear like cutting the screen. 

You have a  black lines appear like cutting the screen at login 

on desktop ?

I do not know which EFI folder to talk to you, I have sent several.  :P

could you upload the EFI folder that you use for your HD here
you could also Upload the complete System Report in Apple Menu, about this Mac  B)
Also try to activate in the Bios /Video /Dual Display, maybe it will have an Impact, I do not know?
As I told you, I have 2500k HD 3000 and all of my 4 graphics card ATI 5450 works!
Since High Sierra you need a PC with both GPU for the ATI 5450 so you need for the kite roll Back 10.12 some kext
and I do not know if the card works on a i5 2500 should take my CPU i5 2500 to test it and it's not me not interested  :rofl:  :lol:

You have a  black lines appear like cutting the screen at login 

on desktop ?

I do not know which EFI folder to talk to you, I have sent several.  :P

could you upload the EFI file that you use for your HD here
you could also Upload the complete System Report in Apple Menu, about this Mac  B)
Also try to activate in the Bios /Video /Dual Display, maybe it will have an Impact, I do not know?
As I told you, I have 2500k HD 3000 and all of my 4 graphics card ATI 5450 works!
Since High Sierra you need a PC with both GPU for the ATI 5450 so you need for the kite roll Back 10.12
and I do not know if the card works on a 2500 i5 should take my CPU i5 2500 to test it and it's not me not interested  :rofl:  :lol:

Hi,

Here is the EFI file I used. It actually is the first file you upload to help me, I erased GFX0-SSDT.aml(I was going to upload the file but I am not permited). Regarding the roll back I tried but it did not work(appleACPICPU, MCHC)

​Thanks  :yes: 

post-2274179-0-47930500-1509891185_thumb.png

post-2274179-0-13942200-1509891233_thumb.png

Hi,

Here is the EFI file I used. It actually is the first file you upload to help me, I erased GFX0-SSDT.aml(I was going to upload the file but I am not permited). Regarding the roll back I tried but it did not work(appleACPICPU, MCHC)

​Thanks  :yes: 

Ok Upload to External link because I need to  see and know exactly  :angel:

EDIT*****

Question your System is Bootable or your boot by USB Drive?

I juste see in your EFI  CLOVER/ACPI/patched/GFX0-SSDT.aml 

Sorry late,,

Rename GFX0-SSDT.aml to SSDT-GFX0.aml

the file was renamed by me because I dont want a used with my other card

ATI 5570  And my GT 1030

I am in HDMI, I try the config file but the issue still persists. I attached some photos so you can get a better picture of what is happening. :)

EFI  CLOVER/ACPI/patched/GFX0-SSDT.aml

Rename GFX0-SSDT.aml to SSDT-GFX0.aml

ATI 5570  And my GT 1030

EFI  CLOVER/ACPI/patched/GFX0-SSDT.aml

Rename GFX0-SSDT.aml to SSDT-GFX0.aml

ATI 5570  And my GT 1030

I rename the file and use the last config file and I am still having the same problem.  :(

Update to High Sierra all done! 

Very painless update on an Optiplex 790/990. :)

I7-2600 CPU @ 3.4ghz, 3.8ghz Turbo Boost

250 GB Samsung EVO SSD

Radeon HD5450

12GB Ram

Clean install, then used Migration Assistant to move all Apps, Docs, Music, etc to new install.

Using DSDT with EHCI & EHC2 deleted, and using USBInjectAll.kext.

Sound works with AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext.

Night Shift works. 

Everything working!  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys!  :)

• Like 2

Guest ricoc90

I am in HDMI, I try the config file but the issue still persists. I attached some photos so you can get a better picture of what is happening. :)

Show the output of

kextstat | egrep "AMD|Accelerator"

and

ioreg | grep ATY

Show the output of

kextstat | egrep "AMD|Accelerator"

and

ioreg | grep ATY

hi, Here is the output of the first one 

Last login: Sun Nov  5 20:50:11 on console

iMac-de-Dell:~ dell$ kextstat | egrep "AMD|Accelerator"

94    2 0xffffff7f82950000 0x122000   0x122000   com.apple.kext.AMDLegacySupport (1.5.8) 8D2ACF79-71D8-3500-A853-C1D2B01C4FDC <81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

95    0 0xffffff7f82ab5000 0xea000    0xea000    com.apple.kext.AMD5000Controller (1.5.8) 0D2838A6-1996-3CAF-8E3A-C1814269A179 <94 81 12 11 5 4 3 1>

114    0 0xffffff7f82759000 0x1da000   0x1da000   com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.5.8) 5170B11E-429F-3006-A0DA-D23777FCFBA9 <113 81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

134    0 0xffffff7f82a7f000 0x22000    0x22000    com.apple.kext.AMDLegacyFramebuffer (1.5.8) D1BFDFE9-3E2B-3D7C-AFA1-F59FA6C411AA <94 81 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

here is the second one :

iMac-de-Dell:~ dell$ ioreg | grep ATY

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000345, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x100000348, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 19>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000346, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x10000034e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>

| |   |   | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2  <class AMDLegacyStub, id 0x100000347, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| |   |   | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer  <class AMDLegacyFramebuffer, id 0x100000354, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 15>