[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

I have a problem with Screen Sharing, after using VNC for a couple of minutes it disconnects and apparently Ethernet crashes, although it's supposedly active I can't ping anything.

I'm using Intel AMT, could that be a problem?

In dmesg I can see:

process ScreenSharingAge[513] caught waking the CPU 45013 times over ~172 seconds, averaging 261 wakes / second and violating a limit of 45000 wakes over 300 seconds.

Try this one is V 3.3.6

Compilling Xcode 9.0 today

Chris, sorry this took so long, busy week... replaced with 3.3.6, no internet at all. Restored 3.3.5, internet is back... so, back to ground zero. Thanks for all of your efforts to help.

• Like 1

Hi to all,

i've just find an abandoned dell optiplex 755 but with an ati radeon HD 3450, 4 gb of ram and hd 500gb sata.

So reading this forum appears Sierra's compatible.

Regarding ATi graphic card can be used (I have also a RX260 but can be mounted cause 2 places required so doesn't allocate) ?

thanks in advance

Bye

I've noticed something else: when using macOS, the CPU heatsink will get really hot to the touch, and HWSensors reports temperatures of around 60 ºC when idle, after setting the correct TjMax (85) por my CPU.

When using Linux on the other hand, with the same TjMax sensors report around 30 ºC when idle, and the heatsink remains cool.

What could cause this difference?

Guest ricoc90

I'm not sure. My ASUS BT400 (BCM20702A) works OOB

post-1502423-0-14272700-1509354356_thumb.pngpost-1502423-0-28317800-1509354366_thumb.png

BCM20702A should work. What's your device ID? Or the exact model of the dongle?

HD 3450 won't work I'm afraid.

thanks for reply me....

so if understand correctly i can install however using instead integrated GPU intel, but i haven't graphical acceleration?

in alternative rx260 can be compatible just in case, maintain hardware of dell 755 in a new case to allow this  double slot graphic card.

Guest ricoc90

thanks for reply me....

so if understand correctly i can install however using instead integrated GPU intel, but i haven't graphical acceleration?

in alternative rx260 can be compatible just in case, maintain hardware of dell 755 in a new case to allow this  double slot graphic card.

Not sure if you can install with the onboard graphics. if so it'll indeed only be VESA.

Assuming you're on the SFF version:

Putting your Optiplex Dell 755 hardware into a new case won't be easy. The motherboard is *BTX, while PC cases are *ATX. The IO of an BTX board is placed right, as where ATX's IO is placed left.

It might be possible to use the Optiplex DT (also requires low profile cards but more PCI expansion slots) or MT (accepts regular sized pci/pci-e cards) case.

However, I'm not sure of this.

ORICO BT-408

It should work. The adapter is not showing up under System profiler -> Bluetooth? Your device id is also listed in the kexts I showed you, so I don't know why it's not working.

Updated to 10.13.1 just fine too, but I still can't figure that CPU problem out.It seems there's some problem with P-states as frequency is always 2.82 GHz, thus causing the high temperatures.However C-states seem to work since it sleeps, reboots and shuts down properly. Any ideas anyone? :(  

Edit: With iMac10,1 the frequency scales between 1.99, 2.36 and 2.82 GHz, temperatures are a little bit lower but still around 50 ºC.Can't use 10,1 though because VideoToolbox doesn't work.

Just to report happy things; now in High Sierra 10.13.2 

on Dell Optiplex 790

all my output are available, as much as my HDMI

and my Headphones
AppleALC and latest Lilu   :D

audio10.png
  • Like 2

@morpheousman

I can not upload anything there.

try this:

delete in Clovers config EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02
delete USBInject.kext and replace with Rehabman's USBInjectAll.kext
try also FixUSB and USB settings under Devices

Hi everyone,

I've being trying to set up my first Hackintosh without success. I try to use my old  dell 790 SFF core i5 2500, 8gb ram, sapphire HD5450 1gb to make this happened but I got several errors. Firstly, I got a cpu panic ; type 0=panic (cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff800c78a611), I tried to solve this problem by using the nullcpupowermanegment.kext, but when using it I got my second problem I am stuck in a black background with an apple logo and an empty bar. I've been trying the figure out what I did wrong, I will appreciate any help. 

P.S.  I used the file of the dell 790 zip in the first post to set up clover. 

Guest ricoc90

Hi everyone,

I've being trying to set up my first Hackintosh without success. I try to use my old  dell 790 SFF core i5 2500, 8gb ram, sapphire HD5450 1gb to make this happened but I got several errors. Firstly, I got a cpu panic ; type 0=panic (cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff800c78a611), I tried to solve this problem by using the nullcpupowermanegment.kext, but when using it I got my second problem I am stuck in a black background with an apple logo and an empty bar. I've been trying the figure out what I did wrong, I will appreciate any help. 

P.S.  I used the file of the dell 790 zip in the first post to set up clover. 

First, remove nullcpupowermanagement.kext and set AppleIntelCPUPM=true in your Clover config

Second: boot with bootflag "-v" in order to see why/where it hangs

Hi,

I did as you say and I got : kextd stall,240 : appleacpicpu, mchc. Also while doing research I came across with a kext called FakeSMC.kext. I used this kext and I was able to get to macos utilities.

Thanks for your help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FofnA3cJslqoES1LORjAKRTnu2dXN352/view?usp=sharing

Sierra or High Sierra ?