AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

Someone test, please, new version 

attachicon.gifRadeonMonitor.kext.zip

used your hwsensors3v51

It boots fine, but when istat starts computer restarts. can't find anything in logs

2017-11-26 00:53:33.255097+0100 0x72       Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (kernel) RadeonMonitor: found Radeon chip id=67ef

Sapphire Radeon RX480 OC NITRO 8GB with latest RX580 VBIOS - HardwareID: 1002:67DF

use NON Lilu or WhatEverGreen - just Miezes SSDT-Patch, your FakeSMC 3.5.0 (out of your latest HWSensors3 3.5.1.dmg) and CLOVER rev. 4319

OK, wait while I check sources for cardID=67DF and 67EF

used your hwsensors3v51

It boots fine, but when istat starts computer restarts. can't find anything in logs

2017-11-26 00:53:33.255097+0100 0x72       Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (kernel) RadeonMonitor: found Radeon chip id=67ef

Hi,

do you use the radeonmonitor.kext as Clover/kext inject or can you kextload it later?

I tried hwsensors3v51 , FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kext and sudo kextload radeonmonitor.kext fails (decency error).

I did, but also problem with dependencies. DL from the HWSensors Site: HWSensors3v51.dmg (latest shown in Files there)

kextstat :   27   ...      org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.0) 8F36EF78-E2BD-3B4F-AB1A-8545F12F247B <11 7 5 4 3>

kextutil -v /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext - dependency 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.
/Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext - dependency 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.
Diagnostics for /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext:
Dependency Resolution Failures: 
    No kexts found for these libraries: 
        org.netkas.FakeSMC

A bit ??? because even now, right depency but shown not found?!  - org.netkas.FakeSMC == No kexts found for these libraries:

org.netkas.FakeSMC  (before i had indeed wrong FakeSMC with other depency ( driver in that org..FakeSMC part )

Or must we use both in Clover/kext (or at least FakeSMC.kext in /S/L/E) and kextload any sensors.kext  later isnt possible if used Clover/Kext ?

@Slice: Great work, hope my information / question is not worry you and maybe helps other to understand how use sensors.kext by kextload (if possible :) )

EDIT: Slice give good hint - Clover can disable kext if needed. Thanks

Hi,

do you use the radeonmonitor.kext as Clover/kext inject or can you kextload it later?

I tried hwsensors3v51 , FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kext and sudo kextload radeonmonitor.kext fails (decency error).

I did, but also problem with dependencies. DL from the HWSensors Site: HWSensors3v51.dmg (latest shown in Files there)

kextstat :   27   ...      org.netkas.FakeSMC (3.5.0) 8F36EF78-E2BD-3B4F-AB1A-8545F12F247B <11 7 5 4 3>

kextutil -v /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext 
Defaulting to kernel file '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
Diagnostics for /Users/andreasm/Downloads/RadeonMonitor.kext:
Dependency Resolution Failures: 
    No kexts found for these libraries: 
        org.netkas.FakeSMC

A bit ??? because even now, right depency but shown not found?!  - org.netkas.FakeSMC == No kexts found for these libraries:

org.netkas.FakeSMC  (before i had indeed wrong FakeSMC with other depency ( driver in that org..FakeSMC part )

Or must we use both in Clover/kext (or at least FakeSMC.kext in /S/L/E) and kextload any sensors.kext  later isnt possible if used Clover/Kext ?

@Slice: Great work, hope my information / question is not worry you and maybe helps other to understand how use sensors.kext by kextload (if possible :) )

EDIT: Slice give good hint - Clover can disable kext if needed. Thanks

Injecting kext with clover. Loading it manually same error as you. haven't tried fakesmc in /S/L/E and then loading radeonmonitor.

New kext for Radeon cards. I probably understand the reason of panic.

You may place it into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and if KP then you can disable it from Clover menu

Loading to Desktop now w/o any problem, but... as soon, as i try to open HardwareMonitorSMC - the system hangs and restarts again.

Attached you will find my HIGH SIERRA bootlog (with marked entries of kernel message when RadeonMonitor gets loaded). Hope, this helps.

PS: i uninstalled iStatMenus6. Since than no more immediate restarts after log into desktop with your previous release. But still immediate restart of system if i try to open HardwareMonitorSMC.app.

bootlog_high_sierra.rtf

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2: FIXED! 

Must enable iGPU alongside RX 580 through clover and bios. Also enabled EmuVariableUefi-64 drivers in clover.

c7AeME7.png

I am running a RX580 with Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext but IMO my openCL benches are really off. 87fps in Cinebench R15 & 52800 in Geekbench 4 (Compute Test, openCL). 

Anyone have any recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, is black screen common problem for AMD or is there any solution for that?

For most AMD cards its fixed using Clover rev 4297 or higher there is a new setting in graphics radeon de initiate which solves the issue.     In High Sierra some users are having black screen issue with R9 270-280 cards but the RX cards work without IGPU or helper card.

• Like 1

For most AMD cards its fixed using Clover rev 4297 or higher there is a new setting in graphics radeon de initiate which solves the issue.     In High Sierra some users are having black screen issue with R9 270-280 cards but the RX cards work without IGPU or helper card.

That's mean when I buy an RX 560 everything will work then. Perfect. Thank you, this makes me happy  :thumbsup_anim:

• 5 weeks later...

So I have an Asus ROG Strix RX 580 TOP and the latest LILU and Whatevergreen .... but still get black screen after boot.
Kexts are installed in S/L/E as they didn't seem to load otherwise
Not working on 10.13.2 or 10.13.3.

Something weird going on with the PCIe slots, can this be the reason?

I have searched the forum but still have no clue and don't know where to start. -noob-  :wallbash:

EDIT:
Maybe I should mention that the screen is connected to the DVI port.

LILU and Whatevergreen are in EFI/Clov...../Other and loading now.

O16iWlf.png

• Like 1

So I have an Asus ROG Strix RX 580 TOP and the latest LILU and Whatevergreen .... but still get black screen after boot.

I have searched the forum but still have no clue and don't know where to start. -noob-  :wallbash:

EDIT:

I suggest you use HDMI or DP ports. DVI ports are not working correctly, how many displays do you use?

• Like 1

I suggest you use HDMI or DP ports. DVI ports are not working correctly, how many displays do you use?

Oh, can it be that simple?

I didn’t read anything about DVI being trouble.

I only use one display now (1600x1200) but I’m planning to move to 4k.

Thanks a lot!

I’ll get a cable and try when I’m done at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, can it be that simple?

I didn’t read anything about DVI being trouble.

I only use one display now (1600x1200) but I’m planning to move to 4k.

Thanks a lot!

I’ll get a cable and try when I’m done at work.

Yeah it can be as simple as that :)

If the kexts are in "Other" folder and they are loading all you need to do is to make sure that you have the latest version of Lilu and WhateverGreen or you can simply use RadeonDeInit in the config.plist under the "Graphics".

EDIT:

O16iWlf.png

This to me looks like you have MAJOR DSDT or SSDT issue. Look at the slot that your GPU is showing that it is in.

This to me looks like you have MAJOR DSDT or SSDT issue. Look at the slot that your GPU is showing that it is in.

Yes, it looks like {censored} but it’s working.

Seems like it’s purely cosmetic so far.

The graphics are fine when I log in through screen sharing, it’s just the screen that is black but I’ll try HDMI instead of DVI.

The Samsung 950 PRO connected to the “HDMI port” is actually the boot drive and I get 1.4 GB/sec write and about 2 GB/sec read speeds.

If you have any tips on how to fix this (or how to change the Subsystem ID of the 10GbE card to 0x000a) please feel free to help me out.

Yes, it looks like {censored} but it’s working.

Seems like it’s purely cosmetic so far.

The graphics are fine when I log in through screen sharing, it’s just the screen that is black but I’ll try HDMI instead of DVI.

The Samsung 950 PRO connected to the “HDMI port” is actually the boot drive and I get 1.4 GB/sec write and about 2 GB/sec read speeds.

If you have any tips on how to fix this (or how to change the Subsystem ID of the 10GbE card to 0x000a) please feel free to help me out.

950 pro using HDMI?    Do you mean USB port, or PCIe slot?