AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, telepati said:

I am getting the signal loss on boot with RX560 is that normal?

Can you explain more, what is exactly happening, when does it lose the signal? is it the black screen issue or it loses the signal in the second stage of the boot process?

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@telepati

Have you tested my EFI folder?

Yes, I replace my EFI with yours and result doesn't change signal loss persist but the name is changed in System Reports

5ac67cfa1534c_ScreenShot2018-04-05at22_37_24.png.a06f28d2d14ab83b1a03ec037fab77d4.png

55 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Can you explain more, what is exactly happening, when does it lose the signal? is it the black screen issue or it loses the signal in the second stage of the boot process?

This is what happening;

7 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@telepati

Oh, Yeah that's normal. That's were the first stage of boot ends and the second stage starts. You check this topic it might be helpful.

Thank you. You mention about GOP settings I checked in the BIOS and my GOP settings look like that; is it Ok?

IMG_0205.JPG.c1c56903a69d1ba96b8253567266b6d7.JPG

@telepati

It depends of the amount of displays you have. on a single display setup it doesn't matter much but when you have more that one display you can select that display as the main display which gets the signal when system is turned on.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cyberdevs said:

@telepati

It depends of the amount of displays you have. on a single display setup it doesn't matter much but when you have more that one display you can select that display as the main display which gets the signal when system is turned on.

Thank you for the information. I didn’t know that. I have one display that means it will not effect anything. Thank you again. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

my machine is the one in signature:
Asus Z370 Prime A (BIOS 0613)
GPU: XFX RX 580 OC 8GB 
CPU: Intel 8700K
multimonitor: a 2K and a 4K, both on GPU DPs.

I'm working with WEG and LILU kexts and Clover is the last available one, v. 4428. Since the update to HS 10.13.4 my rig does not wake up correctly from sleep anymore. Or better it wakes up but to black screen and the system is not even reachable from the net (Teamviewer). My config.plist is here attached. The only SSDT I use at the moment is the one regarding the USB. These are actual kexts in use:

5ace2ae90bb46_Screenshot2018-04-1114_22_51.thumb.png.84c3d570aa82dc11d1b47564ac59a5fa.png

With HS 10.13.3 everything was working perfectly fine. With 10.13.3 I tried also other configuration with AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and a dedicated SSDT and everything has always been working just fine.

The UHD630 is disabled in BIOS and CSM is disabled.

Any hints or clues? Thanks you all in advance!

config.plist

Edited by hackaro

I activated Airplay and 2 GPU same time Here is what I did;

1. Moved all kexts to Clover/Other

2. Install latest IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (v1.2.7) to Clover/Other

3. BIOS set PEG is primary IGPU Multi monitor Enabled DVMT 128MB

4. Restart

Both Graphics and Airplay is working;

-1.png.5aebd1eef0ef6e76326d089e27804650.png

-2.png.91ae848672b13aa4dc66ece58fc71980.png

Edited by telepati

15 hours ago, telepati said:

I activated Airplay and 2 GPU same time Here is what I did;

1. Moved all kexts to Clover/Other

2. Install latest IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (v1.2.6) to Clover/Other

3. BIOS set PEG is primary IGPU Multi monitor Enabled DVMT 128MB

4. Restart

Both Graphics and Airplay is working;

can you show me your config.plist?

On 7.4.2018 at 1:32 AM, telepati said:

is AirPlay working with RX560?

you can enable AirPlay without Intel Graphics.

you need to add this to AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator

<key>IOGVAHEVCDecode</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>IOGVAHEVCEncode</key>
<string>1</string>

AirPlay.png

Edited by truemac
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, truemac said:

<string>1</string>
<string>1</string>

You're first statement is correct, No need for iGPU to activate AirPlay but I didn't add anything to activate the AirPlay. It's working OOB here.

Edited by Cyberdevs

Just now, truemac said:

Interesting.

I use this to enable Airplay for my R9 270X.

Ever since macOS 10.13.4 came out there are lots of interesting options available for AMD GPUs on hackintoshes. For instance I don't use WhateverGreen and Lilu and I don't use RadeonDeInit or a SSDT, the GPU is detected OOB and everything is working perfectly fine. I'll give my R9 270X a try later and see if the AirPlay is working on that GPU or not.

As you know AirPlay is a feature which is dependent on the network and AirPlay capable devices such as AppleTV so I don't know why it doesn't work on your rig without that patch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hackaro said:

Thanks!!! ... I'd like to understand how you have all the PCI controllers listed in Mac->System report, can you also share your folder CLOVER->ACPI->PATCHED? Thank in advance! 

PCI Controls is happening with DSDT. @MaLd0n create it DSDT for me he is the expert on this.

Follow this thread;

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/

1 hour ago, truemac said:

<string>1</string>
<string>1</string>

AirPlay.png

I checked System/Library/Extensions but I dont see this kext. Where is the path of this kext or plugin? 

Edited by telepati

53 minutes ago, telepati said:

PCI Controls is happening with DSDT. @MaLd0n create it DSDT for me he is the expert on this.

Follow this thread;

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/321872-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-mobos-serie-100-200-300-skylake-kabylake-coffeelake-dsdt/

I checked System/Library/Extensions but I dont see this kext. Where is the path of this kext or plugin? 

/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext

or you add it via Fakesmc info.plist like this

<key>eGPU</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>AppleUSBHostMergeProperties</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator</string>
			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>
			<dict>
				<string>1</string>
				<string>1</string>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, truemac said:

i have Apple orginal BCM43602 802.11ac Wireless LAN SoC its not depends on that.

maybe just for RX Cards and above.

I guess you're right about that, I have no AirPlay on my 1070 GPU, I have the same WiFi adapter on both rigs but AirPlay is only available on my RX 580. I'm installing 10.13.4 combo update on my 3rd rig which has an AMD R9 270X to see if AirPlay is active or not.

Update:

No AirPlay on R9 270X either :D (Although I have no WiFi Adapter on that rig it's only connected via LAN)

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1