HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Try to patch the AppleHDA.kext, look to listed links below, or use a voodoohda or by an USB interface, as I've described above.

Variant 1) app from Mirone & Micky:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

Variant 2) from toleda:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308387-el-capitan-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/

Variant 3) VoodooHda:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Edit:

Moreover HDAEnabler.kext is not necessary as is already patched into the dsdt, but if used HDAEnabler then remove that patch from the dsdt.

the bootarg: "-force64" is not needed, add this into your org.chameleon.boot.plist: -v -f npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 / or nvda_drv=1

Thanks a lot space bro. I don't have original El Capitan 10.11.6 AppleHDA.kext. When I find it, I will try method 1 and 2. Method 3 works. I have installed VoodooHDA 2.8.8 and audio works. Thanks for your help.

The original AppleHDA.kext you'll find in the "OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Combo Update" downloade this dmg file from apple site, open this with Pazifist.app, 

then navigate to S/L/Extensions and export the AppleHDA.kext on their desktop, then try to patch.

@Mustafa_Hoca what codec are you patching for?

The original AppleHDA.kext you'll find in the "OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Combo Update" downloade this dmg file from apple site, open this with Pazifist.app, 
then navigate to S/L/Extensions and export the AppleHDA.kext on their desktop, then try to patch.

Hello spakk and shaneee, first of all very very very thanks to both of you. Dear Shaneee, I installed El Capitan using your AMD OS X V2.dmg. Then I updated 10.11.6 with combo update. My sound Codec is Realtek ALC889. Thanks a lot.  Dear spakk, Audio works with voodoohda 2.8.8. I extracted native AppleHDA from 10.11.6 combo update with pacifist. I tried toledo's, rehap's etc. method But sound didn't work. I have tu use npci=0x2000/3000, some guys says that on el capitan, these commands disable the audio. I don't know it is tru or not. My another problem is Clover not working GA-990XA-UD3 rev3 board. It gives me OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efiUsing reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no Thanks.

I'll be home in about 1 hour.

EFI folder for AMD is in your mailbox

Hello spakk, thanks for the EFI folder. I am still getting the same error. I think the problem is related with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. I tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, test2.efi and test2016.efi. Still the same error. I am sending my bios setting and config.plist. Please, take a look and if there is something wrong, please inform me. Thanks...

post-1153509-0-16277800-1471711691_thumb.jpg

post-1153509-0-70276600-1471711722_thumb.jpg

post-1153509-0-81051500-1471711748_thumb.jpg

post-1153509-0-09261200-1471711773_thumb.jpg

config.plist.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I need help, I installed El Capitan all fine on A10 7860k, but on the first boot from hdd puts the screen black, I try with -v -x -f nv_disable=1 an so more, but nothing works.

Please, some one has any idea how  to solve this.

I am using spakk AMD kernel 10.11.6

I need help, I installed El Capitan all fine on A10 7860k, but on the first boot from hdd puts the screen black, I try with -v -x -f nv_disable=1 an so more, but nothing works.

Please, some one has any idea how  to solve this.

I am using spakk AMD kernel 10.11.6

Do you have a nVIDIA/GeForce video card?  If so try -v nv_disable in clover, or -v GraphicsEnabler=No, and tell us what the message s that it hangs on.

If you don't have a nvidia/GeForce video card, then just do -v, and give a picture of what your screen says.

Do you have a nVIDIA/GeForce video card?  If so try -v nv_disable in clover, or -v GraphicsEnabler=No, and tell us what the message s that it hangs on.

If you don't have a nvidia/GeForce video card, then just do -v, and give a picture of what your screen says.

Thank you for answer, I am using Radeon R7 graphics, but -v and GraphicsEnabler=No don't works.

I change the kernel for Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 and work's with a graphics issue: icons green

issue_4.jpeg

any idea how to solve this?

Thank you for answer, I am using Radeon R7 graphics, but -v and GraphicsEnabler=No don't works.

I change the kernel for Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 and work's with a graphics issue: icons green

issue_4.jpeg

any idea how to solve this?

That is a graphics bug for all FX CPUs in El Capitan, no fix as of yet, and glad you got it (mostly) working. :)

Hi there.

I have one question for kernel developers.

I see many versions of kernel (by @Shaneee, @spakk, @Duran_Keeley and more).

I think that's mean that they're have each one's patchset for kernel... With different bugs and fixes.

The question is: "why they're not share patchsets to community?"

Really, guys. One kernel with big community will be more stable, and community reviews may point developers to issues (like icons glitch etc).

Does it sounds rational?

Hi there.

I have one question for kernel developers.

I see many versions of kernel (by @Shaneee, @spakk, @Duran_Keeley and more).

I think that's mean that they're have each one's patchset for kernel... With different bugs and fixes.

The question is: "why they're not share patchsets to community?"

Really, guys. One kernel with big community will be more stable, and community reviews may point developers to issues (like icons glitch etc).

Does it sounds rational?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312297-el-capitan-kernel-diffpatches/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I need some help getting 10.11 installer to boot. I used Shaneee's kernel for my AMD system (btw CPU is AMD Athlon II X2 255, Niresh 10.10 distro works perfectly). I used Enoch 2795 and kexts from amd-osx.com. When I actually try to boot it gives me an error about the memory: "This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!". I tried different kernel flags with no luck so far. "npci=0x2000" works for my 10.10 btw. What can I do to fix this? I have no idea.

Hi. I need some help getting 10.11 installer to boot. I used Shaneee's kernel for my AMD system (btw CPU is AMD Athlon II X2 255, Niresh 10.10 distro works perfectly). I used Enoch 2795 and kexts from amd-osx.com. When I actually try to boot it gives me an error about the memory: "This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!". I tried different kernel flags with no luck so far. "npci=0x2000" works for my 10.10 btw. What can I do to fix this? I have no idea.

Use the latest version of Enoch, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/