HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

This would be possible if my mouse would work.

Only my keyboard works, i can't seem to fix this issue :(

I was hoping after installing OS X it would start working.

But I could also copy it like I said before right ?

Yes if you can attach the SSD to your Macbook then you can copy the files that way.

hello,

This is my first post on this forum and really need some help.

I try to install El Capitan on my AMD system.

the following specs:

Asus M5A88-v Evo motherboard,

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor

8Gb Memory,

I follow the guides on and made a usb installer, with chamelion bootloader,

Did the USB fix v3, installed the right kernel,

After some trail and error, i can get the installer to boot,

but  the mouse will not work, (keyboard works fine),

I read already so many forums, and fixes but i can't get it to work,

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

Update:

I finished installing el capitan to my HDD, (using the keyboard)

But now when i select de HDD from Chamelion bootloader, it reboots my system,

i dont see any errors or kernel panic's it just reboots.

it was written about ASUS motherboard with not working keyboard/ mouse. install the AHCIPortInjector.kext then the problems are fixed.

YES! i finally get it to work, i only have one problem now, i don't have any audio.

The guides i read on the internet are mostly for clover.

Any advice on how to fix this too ?  :rolleyes:

Also are there drivers for el capitan for the AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB video card ?

Okay it is going great today, i have my El Capitan running, with sound now !

I only have when i switch to other screen you see some lines like the kext for the video card are not working proper.

Hi, AMD Community,

Is that a normal behavior for all AMD Kernels?

19/06/16 10:13:08,000	kernel[0]	proc 667: load code signature error 4 for file "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware"
19/06/16 10:13:08,267	amfid[584]	/Applications/Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.app/Contents/MacOS/Malwarebytes Anti-Malware signature not valid: 0xfffefa26
19/06/16 10:13:08,846	SecurityAgent[668]	activateIgnoringOtherApps:1
19/06/16 10:13:08,848	SecurityAgent[668]	makeKeyAndOrderFront
19/06/16 10:13:08,885	SecurityAgent[668]	com.apple.SecurityAgent.consoleLogin.UIShown
19/06/16 10:13:12,395	smd[166]	App "com.malwarebytes.antimalware" did not pass helper check "com.malwarebytes.HelperTool".

The Application really doesn't matter, it happen on everyone :(

Hello,

I still have some iseuse with my install.

When i login to my account i get a popup about my iCloud credentals, i open the iCloud options and type in my password.

I get "an unknown error occurred" i see on google this often happens when the Ethernet is set to En1. but my is set to En0.

Also i get this with messenger and FaceTime.

The system is also little bit buggy, i have graphic glitches and also when i try to open launchpad, everything freezes and must reset my pc.

I get it to when i just hover above the icon, 

i now boot my system without any bootflags, but when i do the -v - f i get a lot of errors.

Are these important, or just because i run it on a AMD proccesor.

post-1650820-0-53250200-1466702386_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I still have some iseuse with my install.

When i login to my account i get a popup about my iCloud credentals, i open the iCloud options and type in my password.

I get "an unknown error occurred" i see on google this often happens when the Ethernet is set to En1. but my is set to En0.

Also i get this with messenger and FaceTime.

The system is also little bit buggy, i have graphic glitches and also when i try to open launchpad, everything freezes and must reset my pc.

I get it to when i just hover above the icon, 

i now boot my system without any bootflags, but when i do the -v - f i get a lot of errors.

Are these important, or just because i run it on a AMD proccesor.

write your hardware specifications in your signature.

and and use / replace the system.kext from my kernel package!

write your hardware specifications in your signature.

and and use / replace the system.kext from my kernel package!

Hey,

I replaced the system.kext, and i get a lot less error's now.

But i still have the problem launchpad will freeze the pc when i hover above it or open it.

Also still have the problem i get the error about my icloud credentials.

Do you have any idea to fix this, or maybe i should try and install it again ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Meat_Duck,

First of all thanks for your test and detailed report. Your sysctl report is very interesting :rolleyes:  

Edit:

@ll

Please check this kernel also with other AMD CPUs/ APUs and report us.

Keep the great work up dude, can't wait to install fully-working(without glitches) El Capitan on my AMD FX 8300.

Is installing OS X on separate partition, on disk where there is also Linux and Windows safe, or even possible? I'm considering buying extra harddrive, but would be nice If I could just install it on separate partition.

you can install OS X with other operating systems on the same HDD, on various partitions. But this is not recommended. Better to install Mac OS X on a separate HDD.

• Like 1

After replacing system next my boot process proceeds but it stuck at service endpoint activated....

Any idea?

After replacing system kext my boot process proceeds but it stuck at service endpoint activated....

Any idea?

How you did this replacing? Did you repair kexts permissions after replacing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Na na....shanee kernel zip have system.kext I replace my system.kext with it...create usb installer with macpawn...Pandora usb not booting :-(

please write here only messages in relation to the kernel development and kernel test results. Please use the helptopic for questions about installation and other help setting!

further write your hardware specifications in your signature, otherwise no one can help you

• Like 1

Na na....shanee kernel zip have system.kext I replace my system.kext with it...create usb installer with macpawn...Pandora usb not booting :-(

You need the kernel too not just the System.kext

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Spakk, I have GB 990XA-UD3 Rev3, AMD Phenom X4 965, Evga Nvidia GTX760. First of all in any clover, I have no mouse and keyboard. But In Enoch, They work. I installed Yosemite 10.10.5 but nvidia is problem. It freezes when I use official and web driver. If I use nv_disable=1, no freeze. I installed El Capitan 10.11.6, mouse and keyboard works when installing but After restart it finishes, no mouse and keyboard, so the installation not complete. Do you have dsdt file of your motherboard? Thanks..

Hi Mustafa,

send me an unpatched dsdt and the ioreg file from your system

Our Mainboards are slightly different, so my dsdt will not work 100 % for their system. I have an older model with Rev. 1.0

Hi Mustafa,

send me an unpatched dsdt and the ioreg file from your system

Our Mainboards are slightly different, so my dsdt will not work 100 % for their system. I have an older model with Rev. 1.0

Thanks for your interest Spakk. I could manage to install El Capitan 10.11.5. Everything works except audio. It has Realtek ALC889 audio device. After updating 10.11.6, I will try to get sound. And I will send the dsdt and ioreg file soon. I can't send them now, because I don't know how to get them. I will ask Uncle google. Thanks..

Thanks for your interest Spakk. I could manage to install El Capitan 10.11.5. Everything works except audio. It has Realtek ALC889 audio device. After updating 10.11.6, I will try to get sound. And I will send the dsdt and ioreg file soon. I can't send them now, because I don't know how to get them. I will ask Uncle google. Thanks..

first install the Current bios update

to export a DSDT-file is not so difficult

MAC OS X:
download and install either "DSDT Editor.app" or "MacIASL.app", then export the DSDT as a DSDT.dsl or DSDT.txt
IOREG-file: install the "IOREGExplorer.app" and export the ioreg-file

under Windows OS:
install "AIDA64" tool or "DSDT Editor for Windows-Linux" and export the file 

first install the Current bios update

to export a DSDT-file is not so difficult

MAC OS X:
download and install either "DSDT Editor.app" or "MacIASL.app", then export the DSDT as a DSDT.dsl or DSDT.txt
IOREG-file: install the "IOREGExplorer.app" and export the ioreg-file

under Windows OS:
install "AIDA64" tool or "DSDT Editor for Windows-Linux" and export the file 

Hello again space. Here is my ioreg file.

Mustafas Mac Pro.zip

I forgot to mention that the ALC889 will only work with voodoohda.kext, better sound is only work with an external usb sound card and can buy up from >5 euro.

check the Dsdt and report:

Mustafa_GB-990-FXA-UD3-REV3-GTX760.zip

I forgot to mention that the ALC889 will only work with voodoohda.kext, better sound is only work with an external usb sound card and can buy up from >5 euro.

check the Dsdt and report:

Hello spakk, thanks for your efforts. I put the dsdt.aml to extra folder, add  dsdt code to the chameleon plist, restart the machine, no kernel panics and when I check the setting, still no audio. I run the File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.6,No audio codec detected

Verify BIOS, hardware, etc.

This is my chameleon.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x11</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v -f npci=0x3000 -force64</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

EDiT: When I check the system info, I can see the audio device but no kext loaded.

Devices:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 2

HDMI / DisplayPort Output:

Connection: Display

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 2

Try to patch the AppleHDA.kext, look to listed links below, or use a voodoohda or by an USB interface, as I've described above.

Variant 1) app from Mirone & Micky:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

Variant 2) from toleda:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308387-el-capitan-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/

Variant 3) VoodooHda:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Edit:

Moreover HDAEnabler.kext is not necessary as is already patched into the dsdt, but if used HDAEnabler then remove that patch from the dsdt.

the bootarg: "-force64" is not needed, add this into your org.chameleon.boot.plist: -v -f npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 / or nvda_drv=1