HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Hi :)

I'd like to try ELC 10.11.6

Boot loader works, but it hangs with kernel panic (-x -f -v flags tried), as kernel provided is intel only.

I grabbed already 10.11.6 kernel (in dev) but I'm not sure where I should put files, or I if I can load with clover without overwriting the stock one, copying files in usb pen.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning

I installed el capitan 10.11.6 all ok, but I'm having some errors;
The mouse does not work, but the keyboard works normally, and my GPU is nVidia GT440 which also does not work, I tried using GraphicsEnabler=Yes but without success, so I'm using nv_disable=1 to boot. Has anyone seen these things yet? Any tips?

Hello.

I successfully installed OS but with kernel Shaneee 10.11.* RC4, and install Clover bootloader v 3923, but then i trying boot i get this error.

74388d30933e5f6dd85573f72e604d5a.png

If a booting with enorch bootloader all work good but i can't activate my video card HD 5650 , but in kext i have dev id for it , and booting with GraphicsEnabler = Yes flag. 

Someone can help me with my problem. 

How i can make work my video card in Enorch or correctly booting from Clover.

Hello.

I successfully installed OS but with kernel Shaneee 10.11.* RC4, and install Clover bootloader v 3923, but then i trying boot i get this error.

74388d30933e5f6dd85573f72e604d5a.png

If a booting with enorch bootloader all work good but i can't activate my video card HD 5650 , but in kext i have dev id for it , and booting with GraphicsEnabler = Yes flag. 

Someone can help me with my problem. 

How i can make work my video card in Enorch or correctly booting from Clover.

Which CPU and mainboard are in use?

Please upload your Extra folder or your EFI folder. In addition, export a dsdt from your system and upload this as well.

The main problem is your Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650 read this post:

or this here:

your clover configuration is not correct and incomplete.

First, install Enoch bootloader, then add the contents of my folder in your extra folder, then test with these configuration.

Extra.zip

The main problem is your Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650 read this post:

or this here:

your clover configuration is not correct and incomplete.

First, install Enoch bootloader, then add the contents of my folder in your extra folder, then test with these configuration.

All started , but i have now Black Screen

All started , but i have now Black Screen

Try another setting for the graphic card: AtiConfig = Eulemur or Hoolock or what else.. please read the two sides.

Right. So I have this problem. If I restart normally then my PC won't start. Motherboard will just do that looping click and the PC is basically useless until I reset the CMOS (take the battery out). If I hold the power button and force to shut down and then boot again it's okay, but not when this whole thing fks up (motherboard clicking). So I think this has to do something with kexts after update because this wasn't an issue with 10.11.5. Any tips here? I forgot that's an AppleRTC issue... And about security updates... is it safe to install them? I know they aren't neccessary but still, is it okay?

P.S. Chrome seems to be fixed on 10.11.6, glad that's gone.

Try another setting for the graphic card: AtiConfig = Eulemur or Hoolock or what else.. please read the two sides.

I read both and nothing help me , i try to change FB with patch binary file , but this also not worked for me , and again i see only a black screen

I read both and nothing help me , i try to change FB with patch binary file , but this also not worked for me , and again i see only a black screen

Try using GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No
and read here, maybe it can help you to solve the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys. For a week i'm reading this forum and trying to install El Capitan 10.11.2 on a such mashine:

CPU: AMD A10 7870k
MoBo: Asus a88xm-a
DDR3: Kingston HyperX Savage 8g / Slot 1
SSD: Smartbuy Revival [sB120GB-RVVL-25SAT3]
HDD: WDC WD3200AAJS-22B4A0 (298 gb)
Video: ASUS GeForce GTX 950 [GTX950-2G]

using Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 kernel + kexts usb fixes + Enoch latest version and i'm stuck on such error:
'hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol:untitled, freeblks: 0, dangerlimit:12'
usb drive has 9 gb of free space, HDD and SSD has no errors. USB was created in VMware with Yosemite 10.10.5. 
I saw few posts about this error but no mention of fixes. Spakk sent private message to guy (nick: @Zenshredder) with same error, and this guy didn't tell any result after. 

So guys is it real to run mac os x on my mashine?

Forgot to mention boot flags. They are:
-f -v -x nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 /amd1 and /amd64 npci=0x3000 and 2000 graphicsenabler=yes|no all cause same error. Kp with dsdt.aml no errors/warnings in it

Hey guys. For a week i'm reading this forum and trying to install El Capitan 10.11.2 on a such mashine:

CPU: AMD A10 7870k
MoBo: Asus a88xm-a
DDR3: Kingston HyperX Savage 8g / Slot 1
SSD: Smartbuy Revival [sB120GB-RVVL-25SAT3]
HDD: WDC WD3200AAJS-22B4A0 (298 gb)
Video: ASUS GeForce GTX 950 [GTX950-2G]

using Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4 kernel + kexts usb fixes + Enoch latest version and i'm stuck on such error:
'hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol:untitled, freeblks: 0, dangerlimit:12'
usb drive has 9 gb of free space, HDD and SSD has no errors. USB was created in VMware with Yosemite 10.10.5. 
I saw few posts about this error but no mention of fixes. Spakk sent private message to guy (nick: @Zenshredder) with same error, and this guy didn't tell any result after. 

So guys is it real to run mac os x on my mashine?

Forgot to mention boot flags. They are:

-f -v -x nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 /amd1 and /amd64 npci=0x3000 and 2000 graphicsenabler=yes|no all cause same error. Kp with dsdt.aml no errors/warnings in it

For all users who are looking for a solution to fix this problem.

This hint ===> hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol: untitled, freeblks: 0, dangerlimit: 12 '
This means that the partition is either almost full, and the memory space should be increased by moving data that not needed, or moving it to another HDD so that this error does not occur again at the next boot.
.... so you have to check the partition or hard drive or USB flash disk and, if necessary, give free disk space. If necessary, you can disconnect the HDD / USB Flash disk (if not OS X is installed) from the system. Then your system should boot normally.
....so no panic  :)

Edit:
sometimes can be caused the problem by the USB flash disk, then use another USB Flash Disk with minimum 10 GB size

• 2 weeks later...

@Shaneee, hi! I want to try to install El Capitan on desktop (Athlon X2 270, HD6670) with your RC4 kernel. As I've understand kernel needs custom System.kext. My question is what additional boot-arguments do I need? Is there any key for CPUs without SSSE3 support (I'm currently using Lion with kernel what has -nossse3bit argument)?

Thanks in advance!