HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Alright. Ill get back to you after i test it

ye i waited a little bit like you asked and dis happened.

osABDGJ.jpg

I have the same error when try to boot with install usb for first time. 

I solved this error with check and repair usb disk with disk utility.

• Like 1

Didnt change anything. still hfs: set verylowdisk

which it still pauses shortly at services has exited with abnormal code: 255

exited with abnormal code: 255
Still means that FakeSMC is not being loaded, when you manually type CsrActiveConfig=103 does SIP change to 0x67?

yes it changes to 0x67 but nothing at all changes. Which means thats not the problem....

And you have FakeSMC in /Extra/Extensions ?

With kernel.plist in Extra with the following:

<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Did you try repair the permissions like I previous said:

Also while you are at it, try repair the permissions using the following: (of course edit the path for your USB path to /E & /S/L/E)

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Extra

sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

Bronya most likely, his timezone is MSK & also runs his make as root.

thank as i m going for 10.11.4 no ideia if this one will work or i have to get some other one

this kernel works on my cpu even throwing a lot of simbols messages on the console it just works...

update done kernel replaced and everything working ...in case anyone needs this info

I dont know commands to OSXs terminal. So i dont know how to lead to my usb. Its not as simple as doing "G:" or "F:"

Well repairing permissions seemed to fix it and i installed el capitan. But when i try to boot it says cant get kext port now and hangs at what it used to hang at. But on the actual os instead of the installer

Well now its in a reboot loop.

Help anyone? I fixed it by putting the extensions in the extra folder directly into S/L/E because it wouldnt load them in E/E But now it says all of my kexts arent authentic ;omitting and then it just hangs. And it did that after i tried Spakks fix for usb devices because i could get into the language selection but my keyboard AND mouse wouldnt do anything

CherryCream1, please can you allow at least up to 24 hours for someone to help, before bumping for more help.

Did you copy your kernel & Extra from your USB to your Installed OS HDD, plus it sounds like you are not booting with CsrActiveConfig=103 & permissions of your installed OS are wrong.

Quick tutorial on how to do that:

Boot to your USB again.

Select your language and press the continue arrow.

Once the top menu shows click on Utilities -> Terminal.

Type the following: diskutil list

This is the following example of the output:

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *160.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD            159.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
Now to copy the /Extra folder and kernel now that we have the name of our partition, in this example we are using "Macintosh HD" and that the kernel is in S\L\K

In Terminal type the following:

cp -R /Extra /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/
cp /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
Now repair your permissions on your installed partition

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/Extra

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/Extra

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/System/Library/Extensions

• Like 1

CherryCream1, please can you allow at least up to 24 hours for someone to help, before bumping for more help.

Did you copy your kernel & Extra from your USB to your Installed OS HDD, plus it sounds like you are not booting with CsrActiveConfig=103 & permissions of your installed OS are wrong.

Yeah i fixed the permissions but still my mouse and keyboard dont work.... and i already have spakks usb fix and when i click follow these instructions for Asus motherboards it takes me nowhere

Well i fixed the mouse and keyboard but im stuck at the select language screen.... It wont let me click continue and enter doesnt do anything either...

Yeah i fixed the permissions but still my mouse and keyboard dont work.... and i already have spakks usb fix and when i click follow these instructions for Asus motherboards it takes me nowhere

Well i fixed the mouse and keyboard but im stuck at the select language screen.... It wont let me click continue and enter doesnt do anything either...

Common problem with AMD, it seems that the continue arrow icon doesn't line up with the click call to action.

Try click around the continue or try use space to select (old unix way of selecting without a GUI).

• Like 1

Well i got into desktop but the internet doesnt work.

Ok so OS X works with kexts like Windows does with drivers.

Download this: DPCIManager (yes it says for ML but it works on El Capitan)

Click on PCI List and you will see something like EG "RTL8111" in the Device Name. Search and download the kext relating to your LAN device.

PS: If it is RTL8111 here is the kext - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary

Unzip it, grab the release version and install it to either your Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions.

To install a kext easily use Kext Utility, it repairs permissions and rebuilds kernel cache - http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4

Just drag and drop the kext into Kext Utility.

You can use this app, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/474-nvidia%C2%AE-webdriver-updaterapp/

Remember to use nvda_drv=1 once they are installed.

ok. So how do i fix audio? And im guessing im going to need to use different kernels because i still have to do CsrActiveConfig=103 and i have the weird blue icon thing

Ok so OS X works with kexts like Windows does with drivers.

Download this: DPCIManager (yes it says for ML but it works on El Capitan)

Click on PCI List and you will see something like EG "RTL8111" in the Device Name. Search and download the kext relating to your LAN device.

PS: If it is RTL8111 here is the kext - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/88-realtekrtl8111-binary

Unzip it, grab the release version and install it to either your Extra/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions.

To install a kext easily use Kext Utility, it repairs permissions and rebuilds kernel cache - http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4

Just drag and drop the kext into Kext Utility.

Didnt need to use program. You can rebuild kernel cache by terminal

i used nvda_drv=1 and i still have only 7MB video ram ?

ok. So how do i fix audio?

Read my previous post again, same applies for audio as does LAN.

And im guessing im going to need to use different kernels because i still have to do CsrActiveConfig=103 and i have the weird blue icon thing

CsrActiveConfig is because you are using 3rd party kexts, Shaneee's & Spakk's recent kernel do have this built in to the kernel but it will always be needed one way or another.

The icon bug is a AMD FX thing, we are working on it!

Didnt need to use program. You can rebuild kernel cache by terminal

I said to EASILY install a kext, it copies it, repairs permissions and rebuilds kernel cache in one go.

i used nvda_drv=1 and i still have only 7MB video ram ?

Have you installed the nvidia drivers and booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

yeah everythign is working but i still have no audio 

Also is there a way to disable mouse accel?

ok. So how do i fix audio?

Read my previous post again, same applies for audio as does LAN.

Again, read above. We have no idea what audio you have, it's like saying hey I have an Acer laptop and my audio doesn't work.

Download DPCIManager and at least give some info on what audio device you are using!

Otherwise the lazy option is download VoodooHDA, yeah it will give kernel panics at some point but hey with not much to work on it will be the best solution I can give you.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

hi there, im newbie to hackintosh, i was install yosmite zone ( AMD ) at my rig. my question is :

1. how to upgrade into el capitan amd ?

2. i have el capitan app, but when trying to install my HDD not formated with GUID partition , how to apply patch with MBR?

thanks before.

How long are you letting it load before restarting? It can take a while sometimes for the things to load.

Also while you are at it, try repair the permissions using the following: (of course edit the path for your USB path to /E & /S/L/E)

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Extra

sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
And are you manually creating the setup?

Hi, 

well more correct way to change permission is following

chown -R root:wheel {some_directory}
find {some_directory} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find {some_directory} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

these set commands can be "wrapped" into a small script for example lets name it "fix_perm.sh"

#!/bin/bash

DIRECTORY=$1

if [ ! -d ${DIRECTORY} ]; then
     echo ERROR: ${DIRECTORY} is not a directory
     exit 1
fi

chown -R root:wheel ${DIRECTORY}
find ${DIRECTORY} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find ${DIRECTORY} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

when people add and remove kexts they often alter /S/L/E what could require permission fix and cache rebuild

to simplify this task the following script lets name it "fix_exten.sh" can do it in one shot

#!/bin/bash

DIR=/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel ${DIR}
find ${DIR} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find ${DIR} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

touch ${DIR}kextcache -update-volume /

osx151212

Hi,

well more correct way to change permission is following

chown -R root:wheel {some_directory}find {some_directory} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;find {some_directory} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

these set commands can be "wrapped" into a small script for example lets name it "fix_perm.sh"

#!/bin/bashDIRECTORY=$1if [ ! -d ${DIRECTORY} ]; then     echo ERROR: ${DIRECTORY} is not a directory     exit 1fichown -R root:wheel ${DIRECTORY}find ${DIRECTORY} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;find ${DIRECTORY} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

when people add and remove kexts they often alter /S/L/E what could require permission fix and cache rebuild

to simplify this task the following script lets name it "fix_exten.sh" can do it in one shot

#!/bin/bashDIR=/System/Library/Extensionschown -R root:wheel ${DIR}find ${DIR} -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;find ${DIR} -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;touch ${DIR}kextcache -update-volume /

osx151212

FYI: http://myhack.sojugarden.com/2009/09/permissions-kext-caches/

"NOTE: I was originally using the find command to set directories to 755 and files to 644 instead of just chmod -R 755. While that method actually sets the correct permissions for your extensions according to the “OS X Standards” there were some failures reported due to a few kexts containing non-standard binaries that required executable privileges. You will find that the majority of vanilla kexts inside /S/L/E have their directories set to 755 and the files inside of them are 644. Thus this is the ‘proper’ method to use when correcting permissions for most of them. The few that have executable binaries inside of them however, make it impractical to achieve perfection. While this is not absolutely required for them to ‘work’ it is a good practice to learn how to handle unix permissions properly and to not have files set to executable (755) unless absolutely required for their operation.

With that said I am now advising everyone to use the chmod -R 755 method I have posted above and to use diskutil to repair the permissions on your snow leopard installation once you get it up and running."

I tried voodooHDA and it made it boot to a gray screen and have a high pitch ear bleeding sound come from my speakers.

Delete VoodooHDA. What version are you using?

You can try this, I haven't tried it before (going to soon as I have a Laptop that needs patching) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

Hi guys.

Can anyone help ?

%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%My hardware AMD Athlon II X4 645 / ATI 6570 HD

Please go back and read the previous pages. Shane has created a video tutorial, follow the instructions. In the previous pages, all necessary measures have been described in detail to install OS X successfully on your hardware.