HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

check this modified DSDT

Why do I even need that DSDT? Removing it got me to actually start booting to OS X and receiving errors in the first place.

Also, after making post-install preparations I get a boot0ss error.

Got past that, now I have only one issue: every time I boot into my OS X and then restart - CMOS checksum in BIOS fails and it resets everything to default which is annoying.

You need a patched rthc.kext

Look for example here:  www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308326-applertc-patch-problem/

So CMOS problem is gone now. The only thing left is to install a driver so I connect to the internet. AppleNForceATA seems to be not working. I put it into /System/Library/Extensinons and rebooted with "UseKernelCache=No" - doesn't work. When I try to use my old "nForceLAN" kext that worked for Yosemite it results in "Still waiting for root device".

Also I tried your DSDT and it still shows that error about expecting 1 threads but founding 2.

What can I do after installing nForceLAN package? I removed all kexts but it still hangs on "Still waiting root device". I don't want to reinstall - it takes about 3 hours.

Nvm, will still reinstall. About Ethernet - I have GeForce 7025 / nForce 630 chipset.

it gives me enormous difficulties to help you. when I ask you, to send me a picture of their hardware id. then I get little useful information from them. I know that the chipset "GeForce 7025 / nForce 630 chipset" is built into motherboard. if you need help then please should play with open cards, everything else is just a waste of time

I ask for your understanding