HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

use a different amd kernel for FX CPUs! renew cache and re-start

Done all that, have tried using different Kernels for OS X 10.11.0 for the AMD FX Series, as found on this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/page-1and still the exact same errors every time. Once I got a different error about my CPU but still no luck.

It could be possible that my system isn't supported. My specs are below.

AMD FX 4100 Black Edition Quad Core CPU @ 3.6GHz

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AM3+ Board

16GB DDR3 1333MHz Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

nVidia Geforce GTX 750Ti 2GB Boost Edition

Really wanna get this up and running :)

]

Should probably add i'm building this on VMWare until I am sure my Boot USB will work on my main system.

The user Mr_G has almost the same hardware, please contact him.

• Like 1

So i've just got around to installing OS X El Capitan on a VM. I have an AMD FX 4100 CPU on my VM PC, and was running OS X 10.10.5 Successfully with no issues at all. Upon starting the install for OS X El Capitan 10.11.0 I got greeted with this.

https://i.gyazo.com/42a8e89398dd31e482b7a4e3fa8b54a6.png

Anyone know how I could fix it? I'm guessing I have to set my Mac OS X VM back up and restore everything. But I really wanna run El Capitan. Lol

Thanks guys

Hi ! 

You should use my kernel and this works ... 

Hi guys, I've been at this since April 2015 trying to get my AMD machine to run OSX. My last attempt I had used Shane's method with El Capitan, and by some miracle of 3 AM witchcraft I got the installer to boot and install successfully, but the SSD I am using to run it wouldn't even boot into verbose mode. This was prior to me learning that I had to copy my Extras folder and kernel onto the installed disk itself so I scrapped my installer and went at it again because I thought I did something wrong, only to make the situation even worse because it wouldn't even boot past a line saying along the lines of "service ended with an abnormal code: 255". This time around I followed the steps that I remember using, but I still can't figure it out, I keep getting stuck in different places every time I try something. To help troubleshoot, here are the steps I've taken.

- The OSX version I have installed on the Mac is 10.11.3 but I had used the 11.2 kernels Shane and Bronya created and used them to load it successfully that one times I cant imagine that's the issue

- Followed Shane's tutorial step by step so I couldn't mess it up, I am using the Enoch version given in this folder

- Kept getting USBEHCI/USB stop and restart loop, applied the USB fix v2 for my OS version

-Added ASUS USB fix for keyboard functionality in the installer(I think it's 2 kexts, one of them is ACHIPortInjector? I'm not at my computer at the moment so I can't check, will edit this when I get home.)

-Changed from kernel in Shane's folder for the tutorial to Bronya's 10.11.2 kernel

Despite all of that, depending on what combination I do I get tons of different results, the picture linked below is with everything above applied to the installer. I hope I can get back to where I was and apply the next step so I can get to the real fun making all my stuff work in the OS!

Thanks in advance for any and all help, I don't post much because I'm often trying different things instead of begging for help, but I really do appreciate it!!

post-1537194-0-67543300-1463700002_thumb.jpeg

"..... VeryLowDisk ...." these describes the cause of your problem

probably a drive, either your USB flash disk (with OS x installer) or one of your other HDD's is full or has bad sectors. Check your drives, possibly use another drive for example USB flash drive or HDD

The procedure to locate and resolve the problems:

....If the disk has less than 4 GB of free space (only a rough estimate), then remove unnecessary data from your hdd and repair the Disk with Disk utility or with DiskWarrior. Under Windows operating system you can use MacDrive to repair the disk. If the HDD sectors are defective, then use another hdd and reinstall everything. If the USB flash disk should cause of the problem, then use another USB flash disk. Then it will works..

• Like 1

need help!

i have success to get the installation screen with tutorial from shaneee + 10.11.4 installer

my computer spec are 

Athlon x4 860k FM2+

ASRock FM2A68M-DG3 

Team Extreme 4x2Gb

PixelView GT220 1GB

Seagate 80GB Sata II

on now my problem my usb mouse won't work, i've tried with these files + tutorial there http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/but no changes

any other way?

need help!

i have success to get the installation screen with tutorial from shaneee + 10.11.4 installer

my computer spec are 

Athlon x4 860k FM2+

ASRock FM2A68M-DG3 

Team Extreme 4x2Gb

PixelView GT220 1GB

Seagate 80GB Sata II

on now my problem my usb mouse won't work, i've tried with these files + tutorial there http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/but no changes

any other way?

Have also followed these here, too?

• ===> ".....delete these drives from S/L/E ==> IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • install USB 3.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext current vers. in to E/E
  • then create the prelinked kernel! 

if you have everything installed as described above, what do you have installed in Extra/Extensions?

Have also followed these here, too?

• ===> ".....delete these drives from S/L/E ==> IOUSBFamily.kext, IOUSBMAssStorageDriver.kext, IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext, pmtelemetry.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • install USB 3.0 GenericUSBXHCI.kext current vers. in to E/E
  • then create the prelinked kernel! 

if you have everything installed as described above, what do you have installed in Extra/Extensions?

thank you for reply,

yes i have followed that too but nothing changes 

finally i had to use keyboard(PS/2) only and forced me to format the drive using my macbook by usb

now my computer able to pass to the desktop, and mouse working since language select.

my new problem is blank screen after boot without nv_disable=1.. i'm gonna figure it out  :)  :)

thank you btw 

"..... VeryLowDisk ...." these describes the cause of your problem

probably a drive, either your USB flash disk (with OS x installer) or one of your other HDD's is full or has bad sectors. Check your drives, possibly use another drive for example USB flash drive or HDD

The procedure to locate and resolve the problems:

....If the disk has less than 4 GB of free space (only a rough estimate), then remove unnecessary data from your hdd and repair the Disk with Disk utility or with DiskWarrior. Under Windows operating system you can use MacDrive to repair the disk. If the HDD sectors are defective, then use another hdd and reinstall everything. If the USB flash disk should cause of the problem, then use another USB flash disk. Then it will works..

Thanks a bunch! I will try this out when I get home tonight. I've probably made more than 20 attempts to create the USB installer but I hadn't even given a thought that either the flash drive itself or other disks on my system were the problem.

Much appreciated, I will return with results tonight =)

thank you for reply,

yes i have followed that too but nothing changes 

finally i had to use keyboard(PS/2) only and forced me to format the drive using my macbook by usb

now my computer able to pass to the desktop, and mouse working since language select.

my new problem is blank screen after boot without nv_disable=1.. i'm gonna figure it out  :)  :)

thank you btw 

upload your Extra folder, I think that missing mportant drivers.

Hey Spakk, so I tried what you suggested, however the issue still remains =|

I ran the verify and repair tools on both the installer and target disk in OSX, nothing came up. I even went as far as to reformat them to NTFS and scan them for bad sectors using Aomei Partition Assistant(great program by the way for Windows users) and still nothing. So I used a flash drive I've barely used to see if maybe I just wore out the flash cells in the old flash drive and even then the installer came up with the same damn error DX

If I remember correctly, when I somehow magically did it right, those "can't get kextd port" entries weren't coming up. Neither were those last few lines of errors stating something ended with an abnormal code of 255, etc.

Any further direction is appreciated!

here is my extra folder, what i'am missing?

@hoxz, check the appendix "Extra" folder, optionally create a raw DSDT and upload it here

@Zenshredder, look in your message box !

Extra.zip

• Like 1

@hoxz, check the appendix "Extra" folder, optionally create a raw DSDT and upload it here

@Zenshredder, look in your message box !

put your extra to my computer, then change boot option from nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1

now it's working smooth and can use my native resolution

thank you Spakk.

it's time to waiting for kernel fix to get rid of that glitch icon  ^_^

post-469670-0-85560400-1463851257_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hey there, ive got a very frustrating problem and I was hoping you could help me. I made a usb installer with clover since chameleon gave me dead mouse in installer. The install went fine and I was able to boot after deleting amd7000 controller since my gpu's connectors are not patched yet, and using -x in clover discards all other flags including npci so I can not get past npci config begin with it, however on the welcome screen I can click all the different countries but Continue is unclickable. It simply does nothing. If i press esc and go to voice over instructions, all buttons work fine. I was hoping you could help me with that.

On Asus Mainboards occur problems with keyboard and mouse, you need to install the AHCIPortInjector.kext, then everything will be fine.

Joshie100, I had the same problem and thought the same thing. I tried both Shaneee's usb fix and spakk's usb fix. With both, the mouse was working but continue was not. I did one last try and I used spakk's usb fix v3 and at the select country screen I started clicking around the continue button: over it, under it, through it and eventually found the right spot and it would continue. After my profile was created and I was at the main desktop there were no more problems with the keyboard or mouse.

@kwoje,

@Joshie100

check your sata chip if it is listed here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311245-help-topic-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011/page-17?p=2221806&do=findComment&comment=2221806otherwise, use the driver from rehabman

• Like 1

Hello guys , I would serve your help , yesterday I made a El Capitan installation to use it on amd , I replaced the kext with those in the packing v3 posted in another topic . I was able to start on a desktop with apu amd a8 7600 , operate the mouse or the keyboard , but acknowledgment of the graphical glitches . which kernel should I install ? Then I tried to get the " same installation " on another platform with Athlon 64 X2 , but it gave me an error with regard to the kernel and does not start . Tonight I should be able to try the computer that mounts the Phenom II x4 955Be . I seemed to understand that for each processor family , you have to use different versions of the kernel , I understood correctly ?

Hello guys , I would serve your help , yesterday I made a El Capitan installation to use it on amd , I replaced the kext with those in the packing v3 posted in another topic . I was able to start on a desktop with apu amd a8 7600 , operate the mouse or the keyboard , but acknowledgment of the graphical glitches . which kernel should I install ? Then I tried to get the " same installation " on another platform with Athlon 64 X2 , but it gave me an error with regard to the kernel and does not start . Tonight I should be able to try the computer that mounts the Phenom II x4 955Be . I seemed to understand that for each processor family , you have to use different versions of the kernel , I understood correctly ?

Our effort is to build and start with an AMD Kernel, the most AMD CPUs/ APUs, a good example is 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V2 / V3 for Yosemite, this are applied to both on older CPUs as well as for newer AMD CPUs / APUs. Unfortunately we are still a few steps away to build a similar kernel for El Capitan. The reason for this are the glitchy icon problems associated with FX CPUs and some APUs. If we could resolve the problem, then we can create a usable amd kernel for El capitan.
  • Like 1

Hello guys. First of all, sorry me for my bad English. I have problem with El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on my PC.

Specs: AMD FX-8350
AMD RADEON R9 270X

ASUS M5A99X Motherboard

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM

I used Shanee's tutorial to prepare USB drive. Also I used different kernels such as: Shaneee 10.11 RC1, y2k4u 10.11.0 R2 and many others. 

The result is AppleUSBEHCI looping error.

I tried USB FIX V3, but after that i got KERNEL PANIC error. Now I just formatted and prepared my flash drive again.  And the last thing that I noticed, is that my motherboard doesn't have USB 2.0 disabling option. I am not able to boot my USB stick. Can you help me with that problem ? 
Currently I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

post-1169180-0-86256400-1464681493_thumb.jpg

Hello guys. First of all, sorry me for my bad English. I have problem with El Capitan 10.11.5 installation on my PC.

Specs: AMD FX-8350

AMD RADEON R9 270X

ASUS M5A99X Motherboard

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM

I used Shanee's tutorial to prepare USB drive. Also I used different kernels such as: Shaneee 10.11 RC1, y2k4u 10.11.0 R2 and many others. 

The result is AppleUSBEHCI looping error.

I tried USB FIX V3, but after that i got KERNEL PANIC error. Now I just formatted and prepared my flash drive again.  And the last thing that I noticed, is that my motherboard doesn't have USB 2.0 disabling option. I am not able to boot my USB stick. Can you help me with that problem ? 

Currently I am using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

something is running wrong,
...was often described here
read the information to USB Fix V3_for_El_Capitan, remove the Prolematic extensions from the folder S/L/E
install the USB Fix V3_for_El_Capitan package in to S/L/E
important for ASUS Motherboard:
install the AHCIPortInjector.kext into Extra/Extensions,
replace the system.kext in S/L/E with my system.kext, see in one of my kernels packet.
fix the permissions and create the perlinked kernel with KCPM Utility.app

something is running wrong,

...was often described here

read the information to USB Fix V3_for_El_Capitan, remove the Prolematic extensions from the folder S/L/E

install the USB Fix V3_for_El_Capitan package in to S/L/E

important for ASUS Motherboard:

install the AHCIPortInjector.kext into Extra/Extensions,

replace the system.kext in S/L/E with my system.kext, see in one of my kernels packet.

fix the permissions and create the perlinked kernel with KCPM Utility.app

Thanks for the reply. Now my system stops booting with:

Hfs:set verylowdisk:voll:untitled , freeblks:0, dangerlimit:12

I am using 16GB Kingston flash drive.