[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

Hej spakk, thank you for your response.

I have been trying to use GenericUSBXHCI earlier.

Will I need to use it together with USBInjectAll and the Port Limit Patch?

Somehow only one or two ports seem to work - very random...

Is there anything else I need to do?

Since it's called USB 3.0 Driver - will it definitely work with USB 3.1?

Hej spakk, thank you for your response.

I have been trying to use GenericUSBXHCI earlier.

Will I need to use it together with USBInjectAll and the Port Limit Patch?

Somehow only one or two ports seem to work - very random...

Is there anything else I need to do?

Since it's called USB 3.0 Driver - will it definitely work with USB 3.1?

I mean that it will work with the current version. please test and report

Thanks spakk :thumbsup_anim:

By the way, I have a question, the only way to get my clover usb stick (for El Capitan installation) working is to disable USB3 controller in my BIOS (because of the sticky message Boot1: /boot5), once the installation of El Capitan finished I tried to enable the USB3 controller and I got the same sticky message, any idea?

Thanks,

Any idea about that problem  :( ?

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea about that problem  :( ?

Thanks spakk :thumbsup_anim:

By the way, I have a question, the only way to get my clover usb stick (for El Capitan installation) working is to disable USB3 controller in my BIOS (because of the sticky message Boot1: /boot5), once the installation of El Capitan finished I tried to enable the USB3 controller and I got the same sticky message, any idea?

Thanks,

Problem solved by buying a PCIe x1 USB3 card which is compatible with El capitan :thumbsup_anim:

Hy Friends 

I want one more time the old post from my brush with news:

The modem now also runs under El Capitan 10.11.4 with my new motherboard MSI Z97 G43.

The only thing I have done is added in the network left modem and then not made standard but new configuration.
And the US Robotics modem runs in this setting as "General" did not change anything there.

attention I became when I times the Library rummaged through, I wanted to see where MS Outlook 2015 its files (stores the email accounts) but found nothing.
But But seen the Modem Scripts and the US Robotics 5637 was there. So I thought then the modem must also work ... and it does.

Perhaps another user has also had as a modem and problem with it .. In my MSI Z77 G43 it went oddly not work, at El Capitan 10.11.2 it was then.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/?view=findpost&p=2168231

post-6397-0-25557600-1461977071_thumb.png

post-6397-0-30977800-1461977082_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

try using by this example with using clover bootloader, with the matching fake-id and the current GenericUSBXHCI.kext of rehabman.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

if you use Enoch bootloader, then install the driver in to E/E/ and patch the dsdt. Then repair the permissions und renew the cache.

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I need your help. What am I doing wrong with my USB injection? Ive tried to capture every detail, therefore quite some long post around! Sorry!!!

Im using an Asrock X99M Extreme4 which is quit rare to what I know at the moment (no other hackintosh around in our community or others so fare?!)

1) DSDT original finds USB2/3 directly under XHCI/RHUB/ - see attached DSDT.aml in zip-File and Screenshot, 14 USB2.0 (4 IO-shield, 10 internal), 6 USB3.0 (4 IO-shield, 2 internal):

post-465461-0-03504400-1467204224_thumb.png

conclusion 1)

all Ports under XHCI to my knowledge, no Ports under EHC1 or EHC2. Under EHC1 and EHC2 I find /HUBN/PRO1/PR11-PR18 and PR11-16.

question 1) What is a PR Device?

2) DPCI Manager tells my my Wellsburg USB xHCI Host controller Device-ID which is: 8086, 8D31:

post-465461-0-93512100-1467204579_thumb.png

USB2 Host Controller #1 and #2: 8086, 8D26 and 8D2D

3) Clover Config DSDT/kext patches

My clover.config where I used the following DSDT and kext patches is attached in the zip-file.

clover config DSDT Patch (screenshot and code)

post-465461-0-28253300-1467204971_thumb.png

<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					RUhDMQ==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					RUgwMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change XHCI to XH01</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					WEhDSQ==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					WEgwMQ==
					</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>
					RUhDMg==
					</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>
					RUgwMg==
					</data>
				</dict>

clover config usblimit kext patch (screenshot and code)

post-465461-0-03176500-1467204982_thumb.png

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>remove usb limit</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				g72M/v//EA==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				g72M/v//Fg==
				</data>
			</dict>

4) X99 Injector kext

here is my injector kext:

X99_Injector.kext.zip

I've used the pjalm injector as the basis and added my ports and my device id for my xhci usb controller, some screenshots:

post-465461-0-45249700-1467205691_thumb.png

post-465461-0-08780400-1467205706_thumb.png

post-465461-0-73584400-1467205714_thumb.png

Can someone plz look into the x99_injector and tell me if this is correct what I have done?

I have guessed which ports are internal (3) and external (255) as I dont have yosemite or windows installed to map the ports (I would guess that this is not the problem in the first step).

Question: what does the AppleUSBXHCILPTH do? this is attached original to the devide-id: 8c31 which is no usb controller on my board. I changed it to 8d31

post-465461-0-04618700-1467205700_thumb.png

new:

post-465461-0-61776300-1467205989_thumb.png

5) verification:

after clover config patches and x99 injection, my IORegistry Explorer finds the patches for xhci to xh01 and ehc1 to eh01 and ehc2 to eh02 (ioreg in attachment):

post-465461-0-27669200-1467206096_thumb.png

the ports by itself are correct I guess, but why or what is the location ID (I never defined these entries)?!

And still my usb ports are not shown in the system information:

post-465461-0-40124900-1467206254_thumb.png

post-465461-0-92367300-1467206261_thumb.png

can someone plz help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong????

thank you very much for reading till the end, I know this is a long post.

all the files needed:

asrock_x99m_ext4_usb.zip

Hi, can anybody help me please , I'm right now struggling for one entire week with my el capitan fix with my airport card that's is not working anymore(detected but not showing any available network) 

Originaly (Yosemite) BRCM20702 was working perfectly and was showed on usb 3 concentrator , after 10.11 installation it is located on usb 2 port EH02. Is there any way to move it to XHC port ? Thanks.

My smbios definition is iMac 14.1 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To unlock 31 Ports at Intel 100 Series Chipset at macOS Sierra use this patch

Find : 00837D94100F835A

Replace : 00837D941F0F835A

Name : AppleUSBXHCIPCI

Look at my IOREG :)

Are you also using kext usbinjectall?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

post-1083558-0-11416100-1474779720_thumb.png

Hi, I wonder if anybody tried the same thing or maybe can provide a hint:

I've made several attempts to disable USB wake functionality in my Z97 DSDT by modifying related _DSW and _PRW methods.

But to no avail as the machine still wakes on any keypress regardless of DSDT changes.

As I'm also using USBInjectAll to get USB working in 10.11- could this be the reason for DSDT patches not having any observable effect?

In addition I'd like to ask if anyone ran into a similar issue:

Sleep/Wake works fine but after the first wake one CPU core is permanently hogged by interrupts generated somewhere in the USB stack.

This is clearly USB related and 100% reproducible but so far I was not able to track down the root cause any further.

I'm running 10.11.4 using Ozmosis, so no DSDT. Is there a way to fix my USB ports? I'm using system profile MacPro5,1, because I need my system to recognize dual graphics cards. But /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist doen't have a MacPro5,1 definition. Only 6,1.

Is there a way to fix USB in my situation?

• 3 weeks later...

@pokenguyen

I had in the last year able to install the Mountain Lion and Yosemite successfully in my desktop (Lenovo D30 - workstation with dual Xeon). X79 series 7.

In El Captain, the USB works only with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but only some ports works (and keyboard/mouse devices).

I have an working and compiled SSDT (ACPI 4.0) that doesn't needs NullPowerManagement.kext these days. I can boot El Captain with the GenericUSBXHCI as well to make anything, but I need the bluetooth driver working. I don't care about USB 3.0, but neither USB 2.0 ports is working.

I tried to follow your guide, but in my DSDT (getting via F4 in Clover boot menu) I don't see any XHC* or EHC* references!

I tried FakePCIID and FakePCI*Mux and also X79USBHub and X79USBEHCIPCI kexts as well, but without GenericUSBXHCI, the clover boot always fail in IOUSBHostFamily error.

Can you help me? What do you need?

Thanks in advance

@pokenguyen

I had in the last year able to install the Mountain Lion and Yosemite successfully in my desktop (Lenovo D30 - workstation with dual Xeon). X79 series 7.

In El Captain, the USB works only with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but only some ports works (and keyboard/mouse devices).

I have an working and compiled SSDT (ACPI 4.0) that doesn't needs NullPowerManagement.kext these days. I can boot El Captain with the GenericUSBXHCI as well to make anything, but I need the bluetooth driver working. I don't care about USB 3.0, but neither USB 2.0 ports is working.

I tried to follow your guide, but in my DSDT (getting via F4 in Clover boot menu) I don't see any XHC* or EHC* references!

I tried FakePCIID and FakePCI*Mux and also X79USBHub and X79USBEHCIPCI kexts as well, but without GenericUSBXHCI, the clover boot always fail in IOUSBHostFamily error.

Can you help me? What do you need?

Thanks in advance

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is specific to Intel USB3/XHCI. Therefore nonsense with X79. X79 does not include an Intel XHCI controller.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is specific to Intel USB3/XHCI. Therefore nonsense with X79. X79 does not include an Intel XHCI controller.

But I have 4 USB 3.0 ports. This is the specs: http://thinkstation-specs.com/thinkstation-d30/

Far I know, I had read that is a X79 7-series Ivy Brigde

The El Captain work flawless, but the USB not.

Event the Audio I could install (using VoodooHDA)

Thanks