[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

@max.1974

you don't have directly edit the DSDT for this test if this method will address your issue.

go here USBInjectAll.kext

see the config_patches.plist additions to do the DSDT editing for you via Clover

then install the USBInjectAll.kext to add properties/redefine your USB devices.

@tluck, thank you my friend!!! I was helped for a great Hackintosher, Sir. Pernacabeluda, from site olarila.com.

This great guy help me with config.plist, because im not understand how edit, in In this post:

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5633&start=20

Thank you!!! Some feels USB ports not working yeat, but is amazing...we can enjoy the new Hack!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I got El Capitan working last night. USB2 works out of the box, but which methods do I need to follow to get USB3 online? Is it just installing a specific kext? Signature contains all my specs. USB3 ports work, but detect as USB2.

Thanks in advance.

@sld87 - the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 motherboard seems to have the Renesas usb3 chipset... which is not (yet) supported on El Cap AFAIK. the older drivers that may have worked (GenericUSBXHCI.kext etc) may not work for 10.11.x. so if these USB3 work as USB2 you may have to be be happy with that!

@sld87 - the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 motherboard seems to have the Renesas usb3 chipset... which is not (yet) supported on El Cap AFAIK. the older drivers that may have worked (GenericUSBXHCI.kext etc) may not work for 10.11.x. so if these USB3 work as USB2 you may have to be be happy with that!

Legend, thanks so much for your prompt reply. I guess I will just remove the fixes I have put in place for now and just wait for support :) USB 2 doesn't bother me so much for now, i'm just glad everything else is working perfectly.

Hello, i have a problem, i am under El Capitan with an mackintosh macpro3,1 and in the info.plist of the kext AppleUSBXHCIPCI i can't find any macpro3,1-XHC1 there is only for macpro6,1.

For the info.plist of the kext AppleUSBEHCIPCI i only found MacPro3,1-EHCI

My mb is an msi z97a gaming 9 ack.

Please help me !

Thank you.

Hello, i have a problem, i am under El Capitan with an mackintosh macpro3,1 and in the info.plist of the kext AppleUSBXHCIPCI i can't find any macpro3,1-XHC1 there is only for macpro6,1.

For the info.plist of the kext AppleUSBEHCIPCI i only found MacPro3,1-EHCI

My mb is an msi z97a gaming 9 ack.

Please help me !

Thank you.

Use SMBios iMac14.2 SMBios. I think your processor is Hasswell right?? Why did you choose SMBios with non Hasswell Processsor. Try using SIMILAR SMBios with your hardware. After that, let's fix your USB Problem

Its okay i am now under iMac 14,2 with web drivers i go fix usb !

Thanks.

Not "must", you can use iMac14,2 too. AFAIk, SMBios can help you with good CpuPM. So it will related to your processor not your GPU.

I can use nvidia web driver with iMac14,2 too or iMac17,1. Try it.

Ok i follow the guide, with iMac 14,2 i just have to delete "port-count" and "ports" in the info.plist fil of the AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext i reboot but when i go into System Information under USB i see 480 mb/s normally its need to bo 5gb/s !

post-1368912-0-89260700-1453051981_thumb.png

Delete???? Check first page, you need to add "port of your SSPx address" to info.plist.

And make sure, XHCI Controller"s name at your DSDT is "XHCI". Or change it to "XHC" and use rehabman's injection kext all.kext

I think you follow 2b tuto, i follow 2a tuto !

And how to check xhci controller name in my dsdt ? I am under Clover.

We're still having the problem, that the USB ports on a Lenovo T410 lose power on wake up. They remain powered while in sleep but as soon as the system wakes they lose power. This happens just to the external ports, the devices connected to the same bus and hub internally such as camera, bluetooth etc. do work after wake. So I assume there is something missing in the DSDT? Like a kind of "power device" that powers the external ports?

This is the DSDT.

Any hint would be great.

@ol@fson -  a few things that stand out to me on this T410 DSDT. i see you started to customize this and change EHC1/EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 and a few other mods. ok but...

1) EH01 EH02 -- i don't see the typical DSM info that defines currents etc in these devices

2) and then remove _PRW method from these devices.

3) and then continue to remove the _PRW methods to match the T420.

since i don't have a T410 but T420, i compared DSDT. very very similar. so perhaps the easiest way to patch up your DSDT would be to cut/paste from T420 EH01 and EH02 device into your DSDT.  get the T420 DSDT.dsl ( has lots of comments ) from the zip here: Clover UEFI on T420 Guide

• Like 1

@ol@fson - a few things that stand out to me on this T410 DSDT. i see you started to customize this and change EHC1/EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 and a few other mods. ok but...

1) EH01 EH02 -- i don't see the typical DSM info that defines currents etc in these devices

2) and then remove _PRW method from these devices.

3) and then continue to remove the _PRW methods to match the T420.

since i don't have a T410 but T420, i compared DSDT. very very similar. so perhaps the easiest way to patch up your DSDT would be to cut/paste from T420 EH01 and EH02 device into your DSDT. get the T420 DSDT.dsl ( has lots of comments ) from the zip here: Clover UEFI on T420 Guide

Hello ... I am the creator of the DSDT. I had no time yet to continue working on it.

Thank you for your contribution.

• Like 1

Hello ... I am the creator of the DSDT. I had no time yet to continue working on it.

Thank you for your contribution.

Unfortunately I am obviously not the right person to work on this .. The more I try to merge the EH01/2 the more error messages I get .. So I better leave that to someone with more knowledge about what he's doing ...

Unfortunately I am obviously not the right person to work on this .. The more I try to merge the EH01/2 the more error messages I get .. So I better leave that to someone with more knowledge about what he's doing ...

Calm down ill do it for you
  • Like 2

@Doublepranks - well this is probably the most instructive thread on the topic  - the 1st post here, pretty much explains the 2 predominant methods - the dummykext or the injector. One may find (as I did) the property injector method - such as the one developed by RehabMan - search USBInjectAll.kext in this thread or google - easier than implementing extensive DSDT patches.  this is what apple has done essentially - define the USB ports via software (properties)  rather than re-implement DSDTs.  it often boils downs to simply having Clover patch the DSDT automatically to rename EHC1, EHC2, XHCI and then adding the USBInjectorAll.kext.

@Doublepranks - well this is probably the most instructive thread on the topic  - the 1st post here, pretty much explains the 2 predominant methods - the dummykext or the injector. One may find (as I did) the property injector method - such as the one developed by RehabMan - search USBInjectAll.kext in this thread or google - easier than implementing extensive DSDT patches.  this is what apple has done essentially - define the USB ports via software (properties)  rather than re-implement DSDTs.  it often boils downs to simply having Clover patch the DSDT automatically to rename EHC1, EHC2, XHCI and then adding the USBInjectorAll.kext.

Let me get the straight, You're saying that there's a compiled kext out there and all I need to do is to IOREG my ports and includes those via DSDT patch? btw my 3.0 ports are working OOB and all I need is to get two of my back panel ports to work.

well I saying there is a method called property injector. This a kext of sorts - but one without binaries - the Info.plist adds properties that will refine your ports instead of doing a bunch DSDT edits. basically the way the injector works is fairly simple: 

1st) you rename devices EHC1 ECH2 and XHC1 to something like EH01 EH02 and XHC. this way the standard USB kexts will not match on these devices for a particular Model. simple matter of find and replace theses name in the DSDT or having Clover do this find/replace.

2) Then this Injector kexts defines the ports for your model and matches these new device names.

if your USB3 ports are working then great - could be that your USB3 is already named XHC so it doesn't match the apple defaults.  so are these 2 back panel non-working USB2 or USB3?

well I saying there is a method called property injector. This a kext of sorts - but one without binaries - the Info.plist adds properties that will refine your ports instead of doing a bunch DSDT edits. basically the way the injector works is fairly simple: 

1st) you rename devices EHC1 ECH2 and XHC1 to something like EH01 EH02 and XHC. this way the standard USB kexts will not match on these devices for a particular Model. simple matter of find and replace theses name in the DSDT or having Clover do this find/replace.

2) Then this Injector kexts defines the ports for your model and matches these new device names.

if your USB3 ports are working then great - could be that your USB3 is already named XHC so it doesn't match the apple defaults.  so are these 2 back panel non-working USB2 or USB3?

those are 2.0s it's the lest thing to troubleshoot before i can get to working on my photography imagery :3

and yes from what I remember my 3.0s are named XHC or something. 

well then it may just a simple matter of renaming the USB2 devices ECH1/2 to EH01/02 and installing the USBInjectAll.kext - it was for me on my Lenovo G780 (and for many others). 

see config_patches.plist for example of how to do the  patching via Clover  (just cut past the EH01/02 stuff - assuming you use Clover)

well then it may just a simple matter of renaming the USB2 devices ECH1/2 to EH01/02 and installing the USBInjectAll.kext - it was for me on my Lenovo G780 (and for many others). 

see config_patches.plist for example of how to do the  patching via Clover  (just cut past the EH01/02 stuff - assuming you use Clover)

Ok I've patched my DSDT and installed the kext under EFI/Clover/kext/10.11 and it worked brilliantly now I'm gonna analyse and determine which ports are active and compile the final dummykext for my build, thanks for helping.

Can you help me determine what values im actually looking for? 

EDIT :

FIXED

I compiled the final kext myself based on IOREG logs and USBinjectall.kext

it was very simple and i think anyone can do it but I'm willing to save people's time in case they're running the same cripple rig as mine.

7 Series Chipset on the ASROCK Z77PRO3

Two rear panel USB2.0 ports wouldn't work 

iMac13.2 SMBIOS

USB3.0 Works OOB

In this condition and only you can give it a try.

Assuming you use Clover:

<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>RUhDMQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>RUgwMQ==</data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>RUhDMg==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>RUgwMg==</data>
                </dict>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Download attached kext and throw it under /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

Enjoy.

USBZ77PRO3fix.kext.zip

Im stuck at the AppleUSBHostResources kernel panic. It boots to that point and then stalls and gives a prohibitory sign. I have loaded the USBInjectAll.kext, GenericUSB, and multiple others with no success. Also, included the replacement for EHC through clover in my DSDT. However, I can only access the OS, by pulling the SSD it is on and placing it in a mac, then mounting it as an external. Is there any other way to get a DSDT through the windows laptop if I cant even load into the MAC OS? If not, then I assume my patched dsdt is flawed to begin with because its not being used with the non macbook pro hardware. Ive been at this for days and cant get past the USB panic. My current clover folder is here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtqdcgrx253z8kg/CLOVER.zip?dl=0)

I was able to get to the mac os x install for el capitan using this clover folder (https://www.dropbox.com/s/sna3pzjjdsmx8xs/Gets%20to%20Install.zip?dl=0), but its worth noting that my SATA SSD does not show up there, so I ended up installing 10.11.3 by moving the SSD to the macbook pro and loading it as an external. 

This is the model computer/hardware (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01578ZN0Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00). I previously was successful in installing 10.10 on a G751, but it would be great if I could succeed on the 752 generation with skylake.

Any information that might point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Also, it would be great if someone could consolidate all the information in this forum into one set of directions as it seems things have changed since the initial post in 10.11 resulting in a lot to sift through to just even test solutions. Thanks.

post-1586929-0-25150300-1454179153_thumb.jpg