[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

@pokenguyen i am installed el capitan on my hard drive now when I not it has this error. Any help?

I have tried addingthe boot flags -f -v dart=0 ncpi=2000 all to no avail. My set up:

Intel 6700k 4.0ghz

Asus z170i pro gaming mini MB

Samsung 960 ssd

16gb corsair ddr4

Be quiet CUP Cooler.

Hi Forum mates!

I use AMD chips! Gigabyte "GA-780T-D3L"
I use USB kext from the attached image! (Last Image) 

I need some help, because USB EHCI does not work!

Use Spakk fix of USB kext (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/?st=10#commentsStart), but does not work with USB Audio!

Included USB Probe OS X Lion and macOS Sierra USB info and IOregistryExplorer

They can help?

Sorry Bad English!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

My friend,if so that someone can help you, then you have to upload a raw DSDT and the ioreg file.

I have read about the XHC1 device in this thread and many others.  But on my machine, the device is called XHCI (letter I instead of number 1).  Does that mean there is no port restriction already?

In my DSDT, I have HS01 thru HS14, and SSP1 thru SSP6.  SSP1 is one port (green in this diagram).  SSP5 (pink) and SSP6 (cyan) are Renesas hubs on the motherboard with 4 ports each.  SSP 2,3, and 4 are not used.

I have renamed EHC1 and EHC2 using this SSDT code.  And I have an X99 injector kext from pjalm, which adds the 20 ports listed in DSDT.  The problem is, the four ports on SSP6 only function at USB2 speeds, even though they do appear in ioreg under XHCI.  Any help would be much appreciated.

External (_SB_.PCI0.EHC2, DeviceObj)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.EHC1, DeviceObj)
    Scope (_SB.PCI0.EHC1)

{
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }

Scope (_SB.PCI0.EHC2)
    {
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.EH01)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
        Name (_S4D, 0x02)
        Name (_S3D, 0x02)
        Name (_S2D, 0x02)
        Name (_S1D, 0x02)
        Name (MBSD, One)
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.EH02)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x001A0000)
        Name (_S4D, 0x02)
        Name (_S3D, 0x02)
        Name (_S2D, 0x02)
        Name (_S1D, 0x02)
        Name (MBSD, One)
    }

post-1122323-0-73578900-1482893323_thumb.jpg

X99_Injector USB 3.kext.zip

Sierra-Hack ioreg.zip

post-1122323-0-28417200-1482902659_thumb.png

Hi all,

I have old HP 6710B and I have to use USB kexts from 10.7.5. I've tried to modify aplleusbehcipci for ElCapitan but no go. DSDT from 6710 have some strange USB naming (i.e. C11B). Maybe someone can share Yosemite USB kexts, please?

Thanks in advance,

fingerr.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm writing here even if I tried opening a thread about this issue that sadly did not have any answer.

"Short" story,

Usb works with the attached injector, regular sleep works too, the only problem is related just to sleeping closing the lid that causes usb to disappear...

This happens even without dsdt and injector...

When I sleep with lid I can see many of these in the console:

On XHC:

AppleUSBXHCIPCI::hardwareException: controller lost power

AppleUSBXHCI::hardwareException: kUSBCommandReset did not clear

AppleUSBXHCI::hardwareException: Error saving state

AppleUSBHostPort::forcePowerGated: kPowerStateSleep completed with 0xe00002d6 after 1001ms

AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 2 failed with 0xe00002e9

AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9

On HS01 HS03 HS04 HS05 HS07 SS02 SS03:

AppleUSBHostPort::forcePowerGated: kPowerStateSleep completed with 0xe00002d6 after 1001ms

I hope someone can help!

USB ports are:

HS05 webcam

HS07 bluetooth

HS01 03 04 / SS01 02 03

external usb 3.0 ports

Attached:

ioJones, dsdt, injector.

Archivio.zip

@ClaudesTech

it seems that you are saying:

sleep and USB works fine with LID open

but

sleep and USB does not work via LID close

so i would be looking at the sequence of events in DSDT that are happening when the LID is shut.

I would start by looking at the LID device - there may be logic paths or calls missed depending on various variables that may or may not be set with OSX.

there maybe a PRW or PSW method that need to be removed. 

i find that using RehabMan's ACPIdebug.kext will help understand what is happening.

there are some patchmatic scripts that will add a bunch of debug lines to track what methods are called and when.
i used this approach to figure out why the system would not wake after sleep. had to change some stuff in a _Q method

• Like 1

it seems that you are saying:

sleep and USB works fine with LID open

but

sleep and USB does not work via LID close

exactly whats happening...

I've tried even removing the whole part regarding LID on the DSDT and even if it doesn't sleep closing the lid, if the lid is closed and timed sleep starts, usb are killed...

Debug don't show anything interesting...

• 1 month later...

exactly whats happening...

I've tried even removing the whole part regarding LID on the DSDT and even if it doesn't sleep closing the lid, if the lid is closed and timed sleep starts, usb are killed...

Debug don't show anything interesting...

I can second that !

• 2 weeks later...

Z270-AR USB3.0 installed the latest version of USBInjectall.kext does not work

Attach ioreg from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

Attach output of (in Terminal):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

@RehabMan USB3.0 interface can identify USB2.0 devices, USB3.0 devices can not be identified

The ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

No kextcache output provided.

Please read the request carefully.

@RehabMan  In accordance with the 2.1 method proposed

According to ioreg, USBInjectAll.kext is loaded and is working perfectly. It is injecting all ports HS01-HS14, SS01-SS10, USR1,USR2.

But the wrong class is loaded for XHC. You need XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, as per USBInjectAll README.

I have a strange problem that I haven't been able to find an answer for. The front ports on my x99 board are USB 3.0 and they work with USB 3.0 devices that I plug in. However any device that is USB 2.0 or regular USB 1 does not work on them. I have 4 ports on the back that are all USB 3.0 that work with both USB 3.0 and USB 2 and 1 devices. I'm using the latest version of the USBInjectAll.kext and I've got a several ports disabled in my clover config file. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I have a strange problem that I haven't been able to find an answer for. The front ports on my x99 board are USB 3.0 and they work with USB 3.0 devices that I plug in. However any device that is USB 2.0 or regular USB 1 does not work on them. I have 4 ports on the back that are all USB 3.0 that work with both USB 3.0 and USB 2 and 1 devices. I'm using the latest version of the USBInjectAll.kext and I've got a several ports disabled in my clover config file. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

What do you mean by "got a several ports disabled in my clover config file"?

I have this line "uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS12" as one of my boot arguments.

Perhaps you are excluding the HSxx port(s) that correspond to the problematic USB ports.

Hello friends I have problems trying to install El Capitan on my MB DP55WB, with clover I had to create the disk with 2 partitions one for UB and the other for the installation because it was not bluetooth, I was able to get to the language menu but as Does not recognize keyboard or mouse from there I can not pass, they could help me. I have installed Yosemite on a disk without audio or network and on the other LIon full with everything, they could help me, I do not have much knowledge, greetings