[GUIDE] USB Fix El Capitan 10.11

830 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ни один из выше перечисленных (в топе #1) способов заводки USB 2.0 (intel) в "El Capitan" не помог для PB Easynote TJ75 (MB Acer???, Radeon HD5470 512mb, i5 480M, ddr3 4gb, ALC272...).
Завел другим патчем в Clover: замена _OSI на XOSI и копированием в папку /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/USBInjectAll.kext. 
Данный метод описывался у RehabMan я думаю.
НО!!! El Capitan 10.11.3 очень плохо работает на этом ноутбуке сильно подтормаживает. Предыдущие версии OS буть то Mavericks или тот же Yosemite работали отлично.

this is odd. been wondering my keyboard is acting funky and had to remap some keys. i think my usb ports (all detected) is not working properly.

having read the first page, the file IOUSBHOST*.kext does not exist in my system, nor in the previous Yosemite installation disk?

What should be done in this case?

i'm using Mac Mini Server (2012) as smbios.

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Since upgrading to 10.11 I only have USB 2 and my USB 3 isn't working any longer.

I've tried numerous methods and continue to just have USB 2 working only on my laptop, most recently by renaming ehc1 and ehc2 and the USB-Inject-all kext but unfortunately still only USB 2 is being seen.

Attached is my DSDT, if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks,

DSDT.aml.zip

post-1024212-0-24395500-1455735720_thumb.png

Sukses update to El Capitan 10.11.4 Developer Beta Build 15E49a

Now at this version, we can find profile iMac17,1 at AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext's info.plist  :lol:  :lol: , no more roll back kext from 10.11.3 + USBInjection.kext to activate Super Speed USB 3.0 (5GB/s). Just make USBInjection.kext (customized according to your DSDT) then it will work  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

post-1311960-0-15244000-1456170490_thumb.png

• Like 1

for smbios iMac10,1

need rename EHC1 to EH01

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 GM support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XHC end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XHC end;
for smbios MacPro3,1
no need rename EHC1 to EH01
Edited by Allan
Codebox added

So after installing El Capitan I only had partial USB functionality (all front ports, 2 of the rear ports).  I followed your instructions and removed the port restrictions from the plist files and it fixed my problem!  Unfortunately my HDMI audio wasn't functioning either so I followed some instructions to install a kext which is meant to fix that issue - I used Kextdrop and boom - I had audio.  But what?  Now the USB ports stopped working again.  

I checked the plist files and confirmed they still have the port restrictions deleted from them.  I tried reinstalling OSX and installing the HDMI audio kext before altering the USB plist files, and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? 

EDIT: Nevermind, I just reinstalled OS X again using the original SMBIOS options and after removing the port restrictions from the plist I'm still not able to access all the USB ports.  No idea what I did wrong this time.  Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on viewing and editing my DSDT?  I'm trying to follow the instructions in this thread but can't seem to find any solid information on how to do that.  

EDIT2: For any noobs like me, check out the simple list of fixes here first instead of wading through this entire thread.  FakePCIID kext installation method worked for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is odd. been wondering my keyboard is acting funky and had to remap some keys. i think my usb ports (all detected) is not working properly.

having read the first page, the file IOUSBHOST*.kext does not exist in my system, nor in the previous Yosemite installation disk?

What should be done in this case?

i'm using Mac Mini Server (2012) as smbios.

thanks for the non-help folks, sorted this myself :-)

• Like 1

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Since upgrading to 10.11 I only have USB 2 and my USB 3 isn't working any longer.

I've tried numerous methods and continue to just have USB 2 working only on my laptop, most recently by renaming ehc1 and ehc2 and the USB-Inject-all kext but unfortunately still only USB 2 is being seen.

Attached is my DSDT, if anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks,

try this:

I have used this patch 

# Maintained by: PJALM (help@pjalm.com) for: http://pjalm.com/repos/

# These patches are the registered property of PJALM.COM and can not be
# redistributed or modified without the written consent of PJALM.COM.
# Links to these patches are allowed. All material is protected under the DMCA.

# Last Updated  : 02/24/2016
# Patch Name    : USB - Device Renames for OSX 10.11
# Patch Version : 1.0

# Rename USB devices for OSX 10.11 Support (remember to use injector with this)
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into device label XHC1 set_label begin XHC end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1 replaceall_matched begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2 replaceall_matched begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC1 replaceall_matched begin XHC end;

and after compiler I have edit manually all errors that the compiler has indicated such as

20679, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.EHC1)
20679, 4089, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.EHC1)
20825, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCI0.EHC2)
20825, 4089, Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCI0.EHC2)
etc....

of EHC1 ==> in EH01 and EHC2 change in ==> EH02.

mssmison_DSDT.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Help with USB-Injector required.

Little help will be appreciated.

i have tried a lot but unable to succeed.

i have attached ioreg of USB ports of Yosemite

attached extra folder of ElCaptain.

my laptop is : http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-GL552JX/specifications/

i am having USBinjectAll.kext at S/L/E/.

in BIOS

XHCI PriBoot Mode ->Disabled -> ElCaptain boots,all devices working, USB3 HDD works as USB2

Enabled -> ElCaptain boots, None USB2&3 ports works

Auto -> ElCaptain hangs while booting

i have gone through posts and i understand that with proper USB injector ElCaptain will boot.

Please help me in this.

i am having a fully functional Yosemite 10.10.5 in this laptop.

extra.zip

Help with USB-Injector required.

Little help will be appreciated.

i have tried a lot but unable to succeed.

i have attached ioreg of USB ports of Yosemite

attached extra folder of ElCaptain.

my laptop is : http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-GL552JX/specifications/

i am having USBinjectAll.kext at S/L/E/.

in BIOS

XHCI PriBoot Mode ->Disabled -> ElCaptain boots,all devices working, USB3 HDD works as USB2

Enabled -> ElCaptain boots, None USB2&3 ports works

Auto -> ElCaptain hangs while booting

i have gone through posts and i understand that with proper USB injector ElCaptain will boot.

Please help me in this.

i am having a fully functional Yosemite 10.10.5 in this laptop.

Update:

with latest usbinjectall.kext in extra/extensions and in XHCI PriBoot Mode ->Enabled  bios setting i am getting now all usb2 and usb3 ports working. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

but sill no luck with XHCI PriBoot Mode ->Auto setting. elcaptain freezes while booting. 

now i am genna set the  XHCI PriBoot Mode ->Enabled and install windows-10.  B)  B) 

• 3 weeks later...

After install 10.11.3 and install GenericUSBXHCI.kext all "NEC" USB 3.0 ports start working in full speed (but not showing in "About this mac")

link to kext:

https://copy.com/fhGu1ko1dgt9xw8b

For the record, experiencing similar success here - GenericUSBXHCI.kext (RehabMan's version 2015-1215 at https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2015-1215.zip) works on my Thinkpad W520 (which has a NEC/Renesas uPD720200 that controls two USB3.0 type A ports; additional 2.0 ports are based on an Intel controller and natively supported) on El Capitan 10.11.3. Which is awesome; the work that went into this is much appreciated.

EDIT: fixed the URL (for some reason the ) at the end was included :( )

• Like 1

For the record, experiencing similar success here - GenericUSBXHCI.kext (RehabMan's version 2015-1215 at https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2015-1215.zip) works on my Thinkpad W520 (which has a NEC/Renesas uPD720200 that controls two USB3.0 type A ports; additional 2.0 ports are based on an Intel controller and natively supported) on El Capitan 10.11.3. Which is awesome; the work that went into this is much appreciated.

That me :)

Hi everybody,

My USB 2.0 ports are working now but I had simply to rename EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02 in my DSDT, without creating an injector kext. Is it safe doing that?

Thanks,

For the record, experiencing similar success here - GenericUSBXHCI.kext (RehabMan's version 2015-1215 at https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2015-1215.zip) works on my Thinkpad W520 (which has a NEC/Renesas uPD720200 that controls two USB3.0 type A ports; additional 2.0 ports are based on an Intel controller and natively supported) on El Capitan 10.11.3. Which is awesome; the work that went into this is much appreciated.

Hi, could you please re-upload that file, cause the link is broken, thanks!

Thanks spakk :thumbsup_anim:

By the way, I have a question, the only way to get my clover usb stick (for El Capitan installation) working is to disable USB3 controller in my BIOS (because of the sticky message Boot1: /boot5), once the installation of El Capitan finished I tried to enable the USB3 controller and I got the same sticky message, any idea?

Thanks,

Thanks spakk :thumbsup_anim:

By the way, I have a question, the only way to get my clover usb stick (for El Capitan installation) working is to disable USB3 controller in my BIOS (because of the sticky message Boot1: /boot5), once the installation of El Capitan finished I tried to enable the USB3 controller and I got the same sticky message, any idea?

Thanks,

did you tried it with patch of dsdt? if not then install DSDT Editor.app or MacIASL.app and export a raw dsdt and upload this file.
  • Like 2

did you tried it with patch of dsdt? if not then install DSDT Editor.app or MacIASL.app and export a raw dsdt and upload this file.

In fact, Allan and Artur_p have helped me patching the native DSDT.

1- So to get my USB 2.0 working I had to rename EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02, but I didn't create an injector kext (I don't know if it's safe to not create the injector kext), 

2- I didn't patch the USB3 'cause I don't know how to do it, knowing that It's a NEC uPD720200 host controller.

Here are the patched DSDT and the Raw DSDT. 

Edit 1: Sorry I cannot add attachments!! there's no button to click, and my Media is empty, I don't know why?

Edit 2: I guess I found out how to do it using links. :)

https://bitbucket.org/Elbeyrouni/mine/downloads/DSDT.aml.zip

https://bitbucket.org/Elbeyrouni/mine/downloads/DSDT_Raw.aml.zip

Edited by Elbeyrouni7
  • Like 1

1- So to get my USB 2.0 working I had to rename EHC1/EHC2 to EH01/EH02, but I didn't create an injector kext (I don't know if it's safe to not create the injector kext), 

2- I didn't patch the USB3 'cause I don't know how to do it, knowing that It's a NEC uPD720200 host controller.

Edit 1: Sorry I cannot add attachments!! there's no button to click, and my Media is empty, I don't know why?

Hi spakk, sorry if you misunderstood me when I said I found out, I mean the way how to add attachments, but I still have problem with my USB3 ports. The patched DSDT include Graphics card code and USB 2.0 changing that's all. Just to clarify things  ^_^

Снимок экрана 2016-04-11 в 10.49.03.png

Снимок экрана 2016-04-11 в 10.49.42.png

• Like 2

Hej everybody, is there already a way to get 3.1 ports to work on 10.11.4 (iMac17,1)?

I've tried using the USBInjectAll and the Port Limit Patch, so DPCIManagr or IOreg are showing everything, but when I connect a device it won't work.

Also disabling some ports directly in BIOS to stay under the Port Limit didn't help.

DId I miss something essential?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Hej everybody, is there already a way to get 3.1 ports to work on 10.11.4 (iMac17,1)?

I've tried using the USBInjectAll and the Port Limit Patch, so DPCIManagr or IOreg are showing everything, but when I connect a device it won't work.

Also disabling some ports directly in BIOS to stay under the Port Limit didn't help.

DId I miss something essential?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads