nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

209 posts in this topic

I was wondering if you set up your dev enov correctly | Unpatched 4.4 install to a second partition then the unpatched update from apple+new dev kernel + you can use your working ioata+ionetworking kexts from your main install.

Good Luck

Also I am testing on Intel D865GBF motherboard with an Intel P4 3.0E HTT cpu / No NX.tho the kenrel onthe blog is not compiled with the NX patch.

Nope, I missed that, I know others have it working now, but I wanted to respond. Trying with with a 10.4.4 install updated to 10.4.8 from apple, with those kexts, we'll see, thanks.

Great news that we don't need HPET and NX!

I need to make some space for a new 20 Gigs partition :)

Is this the kernel that was posted yesterday by Mifki?

For HPET we have to be careful as I read some motherboard chipsets have it but it only shows up if it is called...

Right now it is sse3 intel.no hpet needed and no nx needed.

A unpatched 10.4.8 install with your working kexts and the patched 10.4.8 kernel.

Work is getting started for AMD then sse2 .

I thought that Vitality's had SSE2, no NX, no HPET and Semthex's had SSE3, NX, and HPET requirements.

I really want to keep SSE3 but get rid of NX and HPET. Is your build a custom one?

Also: do we literally just drag and drop the new kernel into our systems and replace a few kexts to get it to work on a 10.4.8 install, or should we install the combo update for 10.4.8 directly from Apple's site to overwrite all previous patches? Have any of the newer 10.4.8 kexts given you problems, such as the ATi drivers?

Hi all,

i tried mifki kernel but I get message 'Still waiting for root device'. This is SATA drive. Any ideas?

Your kexts aren't compatible with the new kernel any more, that's why a lot of them don't get loaded! you can read instructions in macgeeks blog.

woohoo!!

GREAT NEWS!

on a different note however; :offtopic:

i don't know how many people have been trying but how is the leopard preview different from 10.4.8?? or am i comparing apples & pears?

i guess my real question is: how hard would it be (if at all possible) to make similar changes to the leo preview kernel and try and get it going.. ??

and JaS; will you compile a DVD for people on the Intel boards (or similar) with just Intel SSE3 support? Or are you waiting for SSE2 emulation and AMD patches etc?

Noone has replied on stability / speed etc.. does it feel like it's running as good as or better than before? maybe some xbenching scores before & after?

:D anyway great work guys..

:happymac:

osxG

I guess I'll wait until somebody packages this into an easy installer. There are just too many issues.

With the Vitality kernel, some say that the decryption doesn't work properly. "About This Mac" crashes and there are a handful of other problems supposedly.

The Semthex kernel is more stable I think, but it lacks TPM and is pretty much useless unless you have "the magic poem."

On top of all this, some people can't even boot into the GUI. I think there are a lot of issues with the ATi drivers, and in one case, somebody's ATi drivers were totally eradicated from his /extensions/ folder somehow.

That about sums it up, right?

Your kexts aren't compatible with the new kernel any more, that's why a lot of them don't get loaded! you can read instructions in macgeeks blog.

hi, where i can find this blog..

please help me...

give us a link to it.. thanks...

Rene

Damn , i hate Dell...I hate them..ouch...

Well It hangs for me at the blue screen , thats it. She is gone. Jas' has given me the kernel , if you want it I will upload it or seed it via demonoid !

Damn , i hate Dell...I hate them..ouch...

Well It hangs for me at the blue screen , thats it. She is gone. Jas' has given me the kernel , if you want it I will upload it or seed it via demonoid !

Pleaz _Prasys_ put it on demonoid!!!

is it SSE3 ?