nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

209 posts in this topic

Would it really be that hard to implement Semthex's work and findings into the 10.4.8 kernel to get it working? I'd think that the two kernels shouldn't be extremely different, but then again you never know.

Maybe the HPET solution can be used directly in Vitality's kernel. Combine the best of both. This is probably just wishful thinking though.

Great progress there guys.

Sorry for the noob question, but what is the most complicated thing to "patch" on 10.4.8 (or other) kernel? I mean if there's 100% compatible hardware with HPET, like 915/945, GMA/X1600/7600GT, Core2Duo... ? I'm just guessing what stuff need to be done besides decrypting it.

mifki has his kernel booting to a blue screen with pointer, then 'Starting Mac OS X' before hang. not quite the full GUI, but definite progress! :(

I can confirm. I had the chance to test his kernel. It boots to the GUI.

I put a video on my blog, for those who want to see.

Mifki authorized me to put his last kernel on MacGeek blog.

Maybe you want to give it a try :D

I can confirm. I had the chance to test his kernel. It boots to the GUI.

I put a video on my blog, for those who want to see.

Maybe you want to give it a try ;)

This kernel... is it SSE3 only at the moment? Or can I stick it on my SSE2 and see what happens?

Hey good work on getting to the blue screen with pointer! Definately moving closer to a good product for all to use. I would like to start helping with the kernels in anyway I can testing/programming (the programming might be a little complicated for what I know right now but I can learn it quick I think). Any guidance is greatly appreaciated.

-Darth

Maybe you want to give it a try :hysterical:

If this kernel requires HPET still, then disreguard this post, wasn't sure and couldn't find out so I tried it.

Not sure you're looking for feedback on this kernel but I tried it, figured why not. I got to "still waiting for root device" after a bunch of couldn't load extension... errors.

MSI 945g Pentium D 805

If this kernel requires HPET still, then disreguard this post, wasn't sure and couldn't find out so I tried it.

Not sure you're looking for feedback on this kernel but I tried it, figured why not. I got to "still waiting for root device" after a bunch of couldn't load extension... errors.

MSI 945g Pentium D 805

I was wondering if you set up your dev enov correctly | Unpatched 4.4 install to a second partition then the unpatched update from apple+new dev kernel + you can use your working ioata+ionetworking kexts from your main install.

Good Luck

Also I am testing on Intel D865GBF motherboard with an Intel P4 3.0E HTT cpu / No NX.tho the kenrel onthe blog is not compiled with the NX patch.

I am a bit confused - maybe my normal state :(

I read the how-to on macgeek to mean any system from 10.4.4 through 10.4.7 could be installed as the base on the second (test) partition and then updated with the update from Apple.

Now boot to your primary JaS OS X 10.4.8.
Just put any JaS 10.4.4 - 10.4.7 DVD in your drive and run the following package: /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.pkg

Is this not the case?

My system is also Intel 865 chip set with Pent 4 3.0 Ghz - Hyperthread - SSE2/SSE3.

My results are different though. For me, with -s -v flags, the system runs through a batch of messages about not being able to load extensions and then reboots.