nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

209 posts in this topic

Damn , i hate Dell...I hate them..ouch...

Well It hangs for me at the blue screen , thats it. She is gone. Jas' has given me the kernel , if you want it I will upload it or seed it via demonoid !

Are these different from those we saw arround here (Vitaliy and Semthex) ??

Hi all,

i tried mifki kernel but I get message 'Still waiting for root device'. This is SATA drive. Any ideas?

get the IOATAFamily.kext from your working 10.4.8 (8.4.1 Kernal) and put it in your New (8.8.1 Kernal) 10.4.8 /System/Library/Extensions Folder and then do the chmod and chown of the kext and do a permissions repair in disk utility to be safe. then reboot into your newer kernal 10.4.8 and it should recognize your sata drives.

Simply put: If you aren't skilled enough to compile the kernel yourself, you aren't skilled enough to use even a pre-compiled kernel. Neither the Semthex nor the Vitality kernel runs 100% successfully in all aspects. Should you run into a problem while installing either of the new kernels, you're screwed.

Wait until all the kinks are worked out and one reliable kernel is formed. Once all the problems have been ironed out, it will be released on Demonoid by Jas, just like all the previous patches/updates.

Patience...

does it work on AMD yet?

The way updates always work:

1 - A skilled person or group finally finds a way to patch Apple updates and kernels

2 - A select group of trusted people test their work on their machines to give feedback

3 - The steps to use the patches are publicly posted, but too complex for average people to follow (and the patch usually still has some bugs!)

4 - Jas creates an easy installer to make the patch accessible to less-skilled people (usually bugs are worked out)

5 - Tweaks are further made to support broader hardware, including SSE2-only CPUs

6 - Tweaks are made to support AMD systems and all other hardware configs

7 - A repacked patch installer is put up by either Jas or somebody else w/ even broader support

Does that answer your question? Don't jump the gun quite yet.

Anyway , I had to take it down , because the kernel is still in its early stages and JaS is working on a new one . Once its done aka stable , he would create an installer for the ROW [Rest of the World]

P.S - it only works with SSE3 processor and it does not boot on my Dell [but it does on Safe Mode anyway]. So I suggest you guys to wait untill the bugs are fixed. There are couple of bugs

I do not mind waiting, especially that at the moment I have a perfectly working 10.4.8 system ;)

But having the real McCoy (10.4.8 kernel) will be the icing on the cake... :)

btw Prasys were you involved in Pearpc before?

Yeah , the same ol' dude. Its just that I had to create a new account because I forgot my old password.

Oh yeah , one more thing it does not work fine on Dell. Dell PCs/Lappies still need SSE2 kernel [ouch]

Guest goodtime
Yup GUI working well here,with the 10.4.8 kernel and clean unpatched 10.4.8.

This is way too cool! Great Screenshot. Nice Kernel.

:)

Hi, I have n00bisch little question... it might be slightly off topic.. but, will itunes 7 work on a sse2 system with the 10.4.8 kernel? or will someone have to patch itunes for it to work for us sse3 challenged people?

Your the greatest guys! Keep up the good work. Since my iBook died of a slight coke syndrome 6 months ago you have been my saviours. Ones you go OSX you'll never go back(to Win that is)!

I just wish I knew anything about this {censored} so i could help. ;)

Yeah , the same ol' dude. Its just that I had to create a new account because I forgot my old password.

Oh yeah , one more thing it does not work fine on Dell. Dell PCs/Lappies still need SSE2 kernel [ouch]

I am in the same boat. My dell 8400 is SSE3, but it will only run the SSE2 kernel. I tried to build the new kernel, but it jsut panics on boot.

Is there a way to force the build to be SSE2, wondering if that would fix the problem..??