nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

209 posts in this topic

That's a really smart method to make this work - using trial and error. You start with the minimum unmodified kexts needed for a successful boot and gradually add all the unmodified kexts piecemeal to see where it can potentially run into problems. Very ingenious!

If power management instructions weren't really an issue in the kernel, I wonder why our systems haven't been able to properly go into hibernation and things like that. Hm. Maybe a botchy job with the 10.4.4 kernel was the reason.

Guest bikedude880
If power management instructions weren't really an issue in the kernel, I wonder why our systems haven't been able to properly go into hibernation and things like that. Hm. Maybe a botchy job with the 10.4.4 kernel was the reason.

Either that or the kernel sources weren't available to work with... :D I have to say that if this is not a fake (like I've seen before, and I'm now almost a believer in this one) then this is a huge step in the right direction again.

In theory, you'd think.

In practice, however, one of them ended up wanting to keep his work to himself and engage in endless arguments about it on the forums.

The other seemed to have more experience, and simply came, saw, and conquered the problem. Within a day or two, he was done.

The moral of the story? If you're trying to make a name for yourself in the hacking business, talk is cheap, and experience counts.

/blkblt

Greetings all,

If indeed the kernel is fixed for our boxes, where do we stand on ATI and Nvidia Driver support? Or is this still in the EFI realm?

Synthology

good question

:blink:

i wanna know too

does a 10.4.8 kernel hack means ati/nvidia support?