[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,948 posts in this topic

With r1 i used these kernel flags : -v kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 UseKernelcache=No GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1.It did not work at first (it's going to restart while booting).I added fsb=200 busratio=17 flags with macdrive pro 9 from windows.After that i boot my yosemite with -x and it worked. Now i am using kernel r2 and boot file without fsb=200 busratio=17 flags.It's working :)

Edit:Please make disk permission verify with disk utility app and boot with -x fsb=200 busratio=17 at first boot,it must works 

hello ,

bios UEFI ? 

Try kernel.10.10.5_rc3 ! Enabled ring0 in kernel. 

If problem reboot , problem boot , need new version boot =)). 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.5_rc3.zip

:)

works good Bronya :)

post-1093405-0-05746500-1446672695_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-58305800-1446672724_thumb.png

• Like 1

Try kernel.10.10.5_rc3 ! Enabled ring0 in kernel. 

If problem reboot , problem boot , need new version boot =)). 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.5_rc3.zip

My shutdown and reboot are working much better now. Will test sleep out and let you know. System is running really well :)

Edit: Sleep sort of works. It sleeps and wakes but still issues with my Windows drive on wake. The drive is being ejected somehow :(

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 13.14.28.png

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't need s kernel for an intel cpu unless it's a pentium 4, or an older xeon. OK it turns out you need custom kernel for older xeons, any p4, and most haswell cpu's.

Edited by XtremeHacker

I don't understand. Haswell is natively supported in 10.8.5+, you don't need a custom kernel. If your motherboard has bit-15 of the MSR 0xE2 register locked, then you need to enable the KernelPm patch in Clover (or remove unnecessary/stupid default entries in config.plist) or manually patch the kernel to prevent instant reboots. Using a self-compiled kernel will break XNU CPU Power Management (used on Haswell & newer CPUs) & break iCloud, so I would advise against using one if possible (obviously it's still needed for AMD CPUs).

• Like 3

@jaylex

Please, do not repeat your message continuously, write such questions in to the help toppic, then Bronya can answer specifically to your questions,

this site is only for the development of amd kernels and the related problems, they are briefly discussed, but not to be a how-to install my system etc......

I'll move your question in the help toppic, and the other posts that do not belong here.

Should such contributions be published again here, so I will, then remove these comments without any comment. I ask for understanding.

thx