[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,948 posts in this topic

OK, I am about to go super-serious on this install. Just a few quick questions before diving back into AMD territory.

I only have an AMD64x2 4200+ with 4GB DDR2 RAM running on nForce430 (yeah, I know) with GeForce210.

What do I need to do with FakeSMC.kext? Some newer kernel have this embedded??!

Do I need to find a patched pthread.kext? Reports are there with people using vanilla kext (and I don't have a patched one)??!

Any recommendation on best bootloader? I am using Enoch, and it is ignoring typed boot flag overrides??! Should I switch to Chameleon, or another custom build of Chameleon?? (I will be running 10.10.5 only on this machine).

I have ALC888 audio, will patched AppleHDA kexts not work with AMD??! Lots of talk about VoodooHDA?!?

Will DSDT edits work on AMD machines? How much trouble are they?!

Sorry for the n00b questions, I have been in Intel-Land for too many years

Many thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Had not taken the old Dell Precision 670 out of its box since moving house in September, but I decided to give Bronya's 10.10.5 kernels a try. I've only tested RC1 so far, but, as usual  :thumbsup_anim: , it works perfectly on the old lady with IOPCIFamily kext replacement to take care of the nVidia GeForce 9800GT (no replacement of pthread kext needed).

post-851564-0-34244000-1451262903_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-65539200-1451267854_thumb.jpg post-851564-0-47188800-1451262920_thumb.jpg

Thanks again Bronya. Off to test RC2 and RC3 now...

• Like 2

hello  Hervé :)

tu connaitrais un rollback iopci/acpi pour El Capitan ? , c'est galère sur AMD :( 

you would know a rollback iopci / acpi El Capitan? Is galley on AMD :(

@+ :) 

I can't say I do, then again never needed any of that so far. Will probably look into it once I attempt El Capitan on the Precision 670 and report in the appropriate thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, have someone tried to install the new security update 2015-006 1.0 for Yosemite? Is it safe to install it?

upd. I've updated my system and now it's 10.10.5 (14F1509), everything is working fine.

post-1484325-0-98775800-1452354821_thumb.png

Edited by ImmortalSoulL

Hello guys, have someone tried to install the new security update 2015-006 1.0 for Yosemite? Is it safe to install it?

upd. I've updated my system and now it's 10.10.5 (14F1509), everything is working fine.

If I remember right kernel and AppleHDA are updated and will need replace with patched versions.

Indeed, all security updates usually re-instate vanilla files and kernel. I've known this since... Mountain Lion I think.

That's correct, but all my kexts are in EFI partition and are injected by clover, so I don't need to replace anything except kernel. And I don't use AppleHDA, I have AppleHDADisabler and VoodooHDA which are located in S/L/E and after update they were there and still working.

Hello 

First i want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in providing yet again another great kernel for 10.10.5_rc3

i just upgraded from 10.10.3 to 10.10.5 using combo then went to transmac and replaced the kernel befoure the reboot

it just loaded and everything is working now with 10.10.5 

it feels faster too no ideia why

this board still as bios not uefi or anything like that so i m still using chameleon

Thank you guys

hi guys i'm new of hackintoshing and first of all i would say thank you all that are costantly present here so thank you i have to ask you something but first my PC specs

Cpu:Amd Fx 8350 4 Ghz 8 core

Gpu:MSI 750Ti 2Gb OC TF

MB:MSI 970 Gaming AM3+

RAM:Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4 Gb

so i read that the 750ti is compatible only with yosemite 10.10.3 right? so i have to install the 10.10.1 then 10.10.2 and finally 10.10.3.....now i'm asking...what are the best kernels for doing it??? and....i have to patch kernel always when i have to upgrade?? i mean...i install 10.10.1 then patch it....then i install 10.10.2 i have to patch it again? and then with the 3rd again too?? O.O help me thanks for your support 

Difficult to say which is the best kernel between them all; it does depend on your platform. For my machine, Bronya's always worked better, for some it'll be ToraChiYo's or others. Experiment and judge by yourself.

Every OS X update/upgrade will install/re-install the vanilla kernel so, yes, you'll have to re-instate the AMD kernel everytime.

If the only installation app you have is Yosemite 10.10(.0), you don' need to go through every intermediary update one by one. Simply lookup and download the combo update for your desired target version. For instance OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Update or OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Combo Update

Regarding you GeForce 750 and although I have no experience on the matter, I'd be very surprised if your GeForce 750 was only compatible with 10.10.3 and not subsequent versions. I understand you'll need to install the nVidia Web driver to get your card going.

Anyway, this thread is for kernel testing reporting, for help please post in the relevant thread (as indicated in the title).

i have a question i have this build and i want to put yosemite 10.10.3 (cause my gpu will be compatible with those release) and i would know how to do 

Cpu:Amd Fx 8350 8 core 4.2 ghz

Mobo:Msi Gaming 970 am3+ (no vga hdmi or dvi built in)

Gpu: Msi 750 Ti 2gb OC TF

Ram:8gb ddr 3 1600 vengeance simm

Psu 600W

i knew that to let the Gpu working i have to put command in the bootloader like npci 0x2000 or 0x3000 and i have to put nvda_drv=1 but if i have not a built in graphic card will it work?? second question....when i have installed 10.10 with patch.....then i have to install the combo update from the web?....third question is....my mobo has killer lan E2205 i think i shouldn't have problem with that or i have to put kext?

thank u in advice 

wooh !! 

good job , works oob on my Intel CPU Xeon ivy bridge and opengl is very good , no flag busratio and fsb .

i tested on my FX 8350 and kabini 5350 ;)

thank 

PS : for boot on the kernel et no kernelcache => flag : UseKernelCache=No ;)

Trying to get my backup 10.10.1 to work, can you list your other boot flags and smbios? I have a AMD FX 6300, thanks!

Fx 6300 .. Don't know why it doesn't support it .. =(

EDIT:Resolved

@takiguro

I don't think that i have 24 mb of L3 cache. Anyway good work!!

I have your cpu but I can't get it to work, can you share boot flags? Thanks!

Just installed Bronya's kernel for 10.10.5 v3 with vanilla installation and works perfectly, got my audio to work and my network but the only minor issue is my graphics....

Allthough the system can recognize my catd and the resolution is correct it is LAGGING !!!!

Any solution by anyone?

Just installed Bronya's kernel for 10.10.5 v3 with vanilla installation and works perfectly, got my audio to work and my network but the only minor issue is my graphics....

Allthough the system can recognize my catd and the resolution is correct it is LAGGING !!!!

Any solution by anyone?

Finally, got it working with the latest security update !!! I'm in heaven right now   :)

The only issue is the sleep-wake function.... and the Logitech Control Center preferences (it takes a lot to load)

Actually the system sleeps well but it doesn't wake up (mimics my personality perhaps :)) but i don't utilize sleep-wake on my systems  just shutdown and power-up.

The only kexts i used (except for the kernel) are fakesmc and network,audio and ati's kexts.

It's  fairly stable , tested Parallels and downloading Xcode and other editors.

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!

EDIT: um....celebrated too early  :(  I  foolesly inserted the usb and booted from it but then i couldn't boot from the disk only from usb....i didn't know what to do so i re-install the OS and i am facing the same issue: can boot only from usb. I've tried a couple of solutions found here but didn't worked for me, does anyone has a solution? please...............................

• Like 1