[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

Try kernel.10.10.5_rc3 ! Enabled ring0 in kernel. 

If problem reboot , problem boot , need new version boot =)). 

attachicon.gifkernel_10.10.5_rc3.zip

My shutdown and reboot are working much better now. Will test sleep out and let you know. System is running really well :)

Edit: Sleep sort of works. It sleeps and wakes but still issues with my Windows drive on wake. The drive is being ejected somehow :(

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 13.14.28.png

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

So, Bronya, Howdy.

Your kernel_10.10.5_rc1 works on the Haswell i5 4570 cpu mounted in a MSI H81M -E33 Motherboard for Intel cpus.

Booted using Clover UEFI  latest version.

And does speed-stepping just fine. And 4 levels of overclocking.

Great job. Thought you would like to know. :thumbsup_anim:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you don't need s kernel for an intel cpu unless it's a pentium 4, or an older xeon. OK it turns out you need custom kernel for older xeons, any p4, and most haswell cpu's.

Edited by XtremeHacker

I don't understand. Haswell is natively supported in 10.8.5+, you don't need a custom kernel. If your motherboard has bit-15 of the MSR 0xE2 register locked, then you need to enable the KernelPm patch in Clover (or remove unnecessary/stupid default entries in config.plist) or manually patch the kernel to prevent instant reboots. Using a self-compiled kernel will break XNU CPU Power Management (used on Haswell & newer CPUs) & break iCloud, so I would advise against using one if possible (obviously it's still needed for AMD CPUs).

• Like 3

@jaylex

Please, do not repeat your message continuously, write such questions in to the help toppic, then Bronya can answer specifically to your questions,

this site is only for the development of amd kernels and the related problems, they are briefly discussed, but not to be a how-to install my system etc......

I'll move your question in the help toppic, and the other posts that do not belong here.

Should such contributions be published again here, so I will, then remove these comments without any comment. I ask for understanding.

thx

Amazing work by bronya,
AMD Phenom ii x6 1055t (overclocked @3.5GHz) 
8GB 1666Mhz overclocked ram
Gigabyte GA78LMT USB-3 (rev 4.1)
Ati Radeon 7770 (His iCooler) 
everything works including iCloud, FaceTime worked once, since then never logins 
no issues, latest X-code works well, but I feel simulator for iPhone 6s is very slow for some reason(other all simulators work fine)

• Like 1

Thanks, but I'm successfully using now the latest Bronya's kernel.

I can boot with prelinked-kernel cache without problem.

The only imperfectness is incompatible with VoodooHDA 2.8.6 which I need to enable both ALC-887 and HDMI audio from Nvidia GTX-680 display card in Asus M4A78 Plus MB.

Only older kernel got here before 2015-9-18 worked for me now.

All the newer kernels seem incomptible with VoodooHDA in my Hackintosh.

[solved]

The lateset Bronya's 10.10.5_RC3 kernel is compatible with VoodooHDA 2.8.8 in Asus M4A78 Plus MB.

Thank you very much, Bronya and VoodooHDA team !

Edited by jsl

To continue:

Using Bronya's AMD kernel_10.10.5_rc3 in place of rc1. 

So far runs the same as using the Haswell kernel on this machine.

HWMoniter reports the same idle temperatures on the individual cores (4 of them)

Idle speed is 792 Mhz which is the same

idle power consumption is between 4.57 watts and 7.7 watts. CPU Total pkg.

I find that Firefox runs at lower speeds and power consumption than using Safari.

The CPU fan runs 1500 rpm give or take, at idle

And when Bronya say all cpus, he means it.

All in all, very good work. 

petes-iMac:~ pete$ uname -a

Darwin petes-iMac 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Tue Sep  1 21:23:09 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2782.50.1~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

And also the same kernel in El Cap 10.11.1:

petes-iMac:~ pete$ uname -a
Darwin petes-iMac 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: Sat Sep 19 15:53:46 PDT 2015; root:xnu-3247.10.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Ok, so did a clean install from an intel image from my other machine, and then added few kext and Bronya's V3 kernel...and all running 

fine! Time is correct, not glitches, other than can't log into the app store...did fix the network EN0 issue.

This is AMD Athlon x2 5000+, 4G ram, added Nvidia 610 video card, old  Acer Aspire AM1201 box, boot loader is Enoch 2795 >

Thanks all, I've been watching development for over a year now. Huge effort!

App Store fix ?

: )

( same kernel runs El Cap?)

Thanks again!

No El Capitan kernel yet, we're waiting for the el capitan sources to be released so bronya or another dev can make a kernel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey , i just update my 10.10 yosemite (Hackintosh) to 10.10.5

on my vm,

and i used SSE2 for replace system file (using ubuntu)

replace process is successfully , but unfortunately the OSX keep kernel panic

am i wrong for the step ?

Thanks in advance !

My Processor : AMD FX 6300

Hey , i just update my 10.10 yosemite (Hackintosh) to 10.10.5

on my vm,

and i used SSE2 for replace system file (using ubuntu)

replace process is successfully , but unfortunately the OSX keep kernel panic

am i wrong for the step ?

Thanks in advance !

My Processor : AMD FX 6300 Yours truly help

Try adapting this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301284-how-to-mavericks-retail-on-vmware-amd-system/

Yours truly and some other AMD virtual hackintosh guys made it.

:)

woooohhh !!  :P

je n'ai jamais été aussi loin dans le fonctionnement d'hackintosh AMD avec la reconnaissance périphérique audio automatique , la mise en veille avec reprise intégrale des applications en cours fonctionnelles en sortie de veille , Screen Flow a continué son chemin même en sortie de veille , j'ai juste relancé iTunes , la qualité sonore du média est correct  :angel:

pièces jointes : AppleRTC patched  (GA 78LMTUSB3) + voodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler (for no deleted AppleHDA) + voodooPState et une petite vidéo pour montrer tout ça :)

I've never been this far in the operation of AMD hackintosh audio device with automatic recognition, setting sleep with full functional recovery of current applications from sleep, Screen Flow continued its way even from sleep, I just relaunched iTunes, the sound quality of the media is correct   :angel:

Attachments: AppleRTC patched (GA 78LMTUSB3) + voodooHDA +  AppleHDADisabler (for no AppleHDA deleted) + voodooPState and a small video to show it all   :)

http://www.sendbox.fr/b801b25571a0a7dc/test.zip

Archive.zip

post-1093405-0-79634000-1449454583_thumb.png

• Like 1