OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I had graphics issues during second stage boot and used this kext patch (applied on-the-fly by Clover) and it resolved them for me.  Maybe it will work for you too.  Credit goes to pokenguyen for the patch and Boss Kitipos for the original modified IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298808-can-we-get-back-the-apple-logo-on-boot/?p=2041174

I had graphics issues during second stage boot and used this kext patch (applied on-the-fly by Clover) and it resolved them for me.  Maybe it will work for you too.  Credit goes to pokenguyen for the patch and Boss Kitipos for the original modified IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298808-can-we-get-back-the-apple-logo-on-boot/?p=2041174

In my case, it's a separate PCI-E card (Fata1ity Professional) with the same DSP.  Oddly enough, VoodooHDA detects it - and the mic port actually works; however, it refuses to output audio via line-out (I have powered speakers, so I only need line-out).  Works fine on the Windows 8.1 side - just not on the OS X side.  I have no idea if it is a VoodooHDA issue, an issue with AppleHDA, or something else.  Because my GTX550Ti has a mini-HDMI port, I can't use it for audio at all (or video without an adapter), and I have no idea if either DVI port will send out audio with a DVI->HDMI adapter.

One quick question, can we update the public beta using the standalone update pkg ? i am now running the public beta on my hack, and downloaded the pkg for DP5.

Thanks in advance.

It would be a pain to re-download DP2 and update it untill i get to dp5.

One quick question, can we update the public beta using the standalone update pkg ? i am now running the public beta on my hack, and downloaded the pkg for DP5.

That's what I did and it worked fine. Just had to do the usual AppleHDA patch.

That's what I did and it worked fine. Just had to do the usual AppleHDA patch.

Thanks, that is great info, also, i imagine if we use that pkg to update, we change the channel from beta to dev, so next updates will show up in app store.

For me it works perfectly, i still don't have Second Boot stage, but rest it's fine on beta 1.

Would it be wise to upgrade from 10.9.3 to Yosemite? I'm thinking about trying Yosemite but dont have spare HDD.

Apart from some very little graphic glitches Yosemite seems pretty stable to me, but you should check if apps you use work fine on 10.10 before upgrading otherwise you'll have to reinstall the whole thing (or restore if you have a TM backup).

Since I only use Xcode as an exclusive app (others are also available on Win, but it pisses me off having to reboot to use other apps hence I've installed them also on the Hack) I'll clone Yosemite on Mavericks HDD straight as soon as I solve the AppleHDA audio issue and I'll use it as main Mac OS. ;)

Just updated to DP5, had to reinstall AppleHDA and HD3000 kexts, and get rid of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext since I use MacPro 5,1 definition. All is well here. No new issues. Not even sure what's being fixed/updated anymore lol anyone got a link to a good change log?

Still no increase in OpenGL core features... though it benches real good (faster than mavericks) on my 660Ti...

On the plus side, didn't have to patch anything (didn't need to since mavericks) with this setup and handoff is working as a charm now.

Bit rough around the edges still and we can be sure to have at least another DP6 :)

If you have a Apple Dev account you can download the full installer that is up to date just fyi, use this command in terminal to create the installer: (make sure you change the /Volumes/Untitled section to the name of your USB volume name)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Developer\ Preview.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Developer\ Preview.app --nointeraction

This is sort of relevant: without kext-dev-mode=1, my patched AppleHDA won't load, as well as my other unsigned audio drivers (namely kx and envy24). This using latest Clover, which theoretically deprecated this flag, and also after using KextUtility to install both of them, rebuilding caches and then restarting.

• Like 2

This is sort of relevant: without kext-dev-mode=1, my patched AppleHDA won't load, as well as my other unsigned audio drivers (namely kx and envy24). This using latest Clover, which theoretically deprecated this flag, and also after using KextUtility to install both of them, rebuilding caches and then restarting.

I've never seen anything that claimed kext-dev-mode=1 is depreciated. I've removed it from Boot Arguments and all is well until you clear cache, obviously Clover isn't loading it by default. As far as audio goes, with Yosemite or testing Z97 boards, the easy solution is VoodooHDA injected by Clover and be done with it. 

• Like 1

i simply can´t rebuilt cache. it gives me this error everytime:

Failed to generate prelinked kernel.

Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[463] exited with status 71.

Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

few issues since the 8000.kext for 290x was updated by 2mbs now there is flicker when the framebuffer is loaded with my old patch so if anyone can make a new patch pm me thanks and other then that it works great

After update to DP 5 my system restart after 2min.

What is wrong?I use Clover 2795 and in Library/preferences/systemConfiguration/Com.apple.boot.plist I added kext-dev-mode=1

Thanks......

To me its working without problem...installed over PB1.

I still do not see the damn apple logo.

Me to...its probably GPU problem, what GPU are you using?

(( Because if i enter FakeID and non-my bios is loaded i see logo, now there is than problem with acceleration so that is not fix...one guy made a fix for DP1 or 2, but never for other one... ))