OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Isn't the App Installer used in a Installer Media from the one provided by BaseSystem.dmg, which is inside the InstallESD.dmg? Not sure about -createinstallmedia but if you make your own usb i'm pretty sure.

I feel like updating DP using delta update didn't update IOGraphics as it wasn't required for the update, so when it came to the public beta they provided a new IOGraphics kext, thus breaking the patch. Even tho that might far-fetched to say, this is the only thing I can think of.

Sure, you're right. Maybe it's better to wait and see. The only thing is that I found Notices for DP3/4 that some framenwork  are missing or incomplete at the developper portal, but this is not visible for the Beta1, or I can not find it (or simply are considered unnecessary information for the general public?). 

Both are official thing by Apple, so as to think that there are differences.

Probably you need to patch the OSInstall.mpkg Distribution files, by deleting one line of code. I'm doing to do that....

Wath is your problem in detail?

It fails to install as soon as I click install ! it says undefined error.

I took a shot of the log with my Sony a230 DSLR and that's the only thing i got sorry! it's a .raw file you shouldn't have any problem opening it.

ok this forum wouldn't alllow me to upload a 11 MB file which is dumb, here's the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/l98562ac8i141ut/DSC00387.ARW

Later (1,5 h) I'll post the patched file, I'm on "Pizzeria" with my friend now.

I've a different problem, but is known.For you I can see if there are any entries in the localizable.strings file (if something similar is defined) to rise the problem.

See you later. Its intresting for me.

Later (1,5 h) I'll post the patched file, I'm on "Pizzeria" with my friend now.

I've a different problem, but is known.For you I can see if there are any entries in the localizable.strings file (if something similar is defined) to rise the problem.

See you later. Its intresting for me.

ok... well looks like i will have to wait then. I erased the ssd before trying to install and getting stuck at this error and now im running this Kali linux live usb :'(

"createinstallmedia" works fine here... No install issues. (Format USB as GUID named Install)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

i did it manually but get the still waiting for root device and solve it by changing the pendrive from one port to another even they being 2.0. i change it from a 2.0 to a 3.0 and the installation found its root device :)

ok... well looks like i will have to wait then. I erased the ssd before trying to install and getting stuck at this error and now im running this Kali linux live usb :'(

..EDIT

Sorry, (15 h later), now for some reason I can't...

However, this is the part of code concerned your problem:

function installCheckScript(){

try{
				var machineType = system.ioregistry.fromPath('IODeviceTree:/')['compatible'];

if (typeof(isFNI) == "undefined" && typeof(hwbeInstallCheck) != "undefined") {
					if (!hwbeInstallCheck()) {
						return false;
					}
				} 

if(!is64bit()){
					my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('IC_Unsupported_Processor');
					my.result.type = 'Fatal';
					return false;
				}

if(!isSupportedPlatform()){
                    if (system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.10') >= 0 && system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.11') < 0) {
                        my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('IC_cpusw_flavor');
                    } else {
                        my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('IC_Unsupported_Platform');
                    }
					return false;
				}

if(!hasAtLeastRam(minRam)){
					my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('IC_RAM_message');
					return false;
				}

if (system.compareVersions(system.version.ProductVersion, '10.10') < 0 && system.env.COMMAND_LINE_INSTALL) {
					my.result.message = system.localizedStringWithFormat('IC_Command_Line_message', '10.10');
					return false;
				}

if (typeof(redownloadCheck) != "undefined") redownloadCheck();
				if (typeof(findBJPrinters) != "undefined") findBJPrinters();

} catch (e) {
				system.log('installCheckScript threw exception ' + e);
			}

return true;
	} 

see you very later, re-sorry

"createinstallmedia" works fine here... No install issues. (Format USB as GUID named Install)

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite\ Beta.app --nointeraction

How do you boot this afterwords ?

i did it manually but get the still waiting for root device and solve it by changing the pendrive from one port to another even they being 2.0. i change it from a 2.0 to a 3.0 and the installation found its root device :)

no install issue?

Oh how silly am I. :lol: Looked at a few docs, and yea, KextPatch in Clover doesn't actually patch the kext, it patches the kext in the kernel cache. That's why it was not working initally in beta because the kernel cache had to be worked out and all that.

Smh I thought it was iTunes :hysterical::lol:

I upgraded to DP4, starting from DP2. Everything is working: audio, graphics, applications, ... XMP also works for my memory, but the speedstep's aren't working. I put my CPU on 3,7 GHz, but yose still showing 3,5. Sleep is also not working. Probably related to each other. I have nullcpu installed, tried other kexts from installers, but nothing is helping. Can anyone tell me how to fix it, or point me to an url which gives a solution?

I installed with MacPWN and post-installed with MacPoison. So for, very satisfied with yose  :drool:

What smbios are you using during Installation? is not supported?

....no other ideas

No SMBIOS is being used as clover automatically detects the best possible one. however, I believe it's iMac 13,2. 

Are you using Beta 1? is it any better than previous DP4? 

how would that work fine for you? it's a hackintosh, your know? it doesn't even boot that way.