OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I solved this boot issue, replacing the "com.apple.Boot.plist" from "com.apple.boot.R/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" with the one located on "com.apple.recovery.boot" on the Recovery HD, this will work on hackintosh and Macs ;)

Nice find ALManimation, it works flawlessly.

I solved this boot issue, replacing the "com.apple.Boot.plist" from "com.apple.boot.R/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" with the one located on "com.apple.recovery.boot" on the Recovery HD, this will work on hackintosh and Macs ;)

Yes, you are right...

At the com.apple.recovery.boot's com.apple.Boot.plist, there is only the path

to kernelcache and kernel flags...

<key>Kernel Cache</key>
<string>\com.apple.recovery.boot\kernelcache</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rp=file:///com.apple.recovery.boot/BaseSystem.dmg</string>

And, the one at com.apple.boot.(X) have the UUID of Yosemite's volume and optional kernel flags...

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Root UUID</key>
<string>2ED097A7-5F79-3412-A61A-AB8BD67E68B5</string>
bash-3.2# diskutil info /Volumes/Yose | grep UUID
   Volume UUID:              2ED097A7-5F79-3412-A61A-AB8BD67E68B5
  • Like 1

Riddle me this...  Why is it that I downloaded and updated to DP4 via the AppStore, and it shows in About This Mac, but I don't see that the update was applied in AppStore history?  And the Recovery Update never showed up either...  

f30a814b14.png

c15e9bc248.png

The IOGraphics Kext patch in clover for splashed up screen before desktop is broken and doesn't work in Public Beta. It was working in DP4

Not sure if it was working because the binaries were the same for the previous DP's and it was changed in Public Release.

Every now and then, my iMessage just becomes inactive and won't sign back in.  It's fixed itself intermittently in the past, but for whatever reason on the new DP4 I can't login at all.  And this message comes up in the log when it says it can't sign in: 

Jul 25 00:07:25 Mac-Pro imagent[764]: BUG in libdispatch: 14A298i - 993 - 0xe

Any ideas guys...???  I'm lost here. 

Every now and then, my iMessage just becomes inactive and won't sign back in.  It's fixed itself intermittently in the past, but for whatever reason on the new DP4 I can't login at all.  And this message comes up in the log when it says it can't sign in: 

Jul 25 00:07:25 Mac-Pro imagent[764]: BUG in libdispatch: 14A298i - 993 - 0xe

Any ideas guys...???  I'm lost here. 

Very strange that should not happen.

I would suggest you do a complete clean reload of Yosemite using the Install the "OS X  10.10 Developers" preview if you are a developer alternatively use the free beta version that appeared yesterday. A clean install using the Apple installer ensures that all the betas are loaded as currently there is no combo updates, you need to use the installer and add the modules as they appear, otherwise ???

The "other" versions might not be suitable as you need to load them in sequence as per what arrives in the Apps Store, I had a number of issues like you describe, trying short cuts.

Likely that might help your iMessage problem as well.

• Like 1

There is no database for launchpad anymore in ~/Library/Application Support/Dock

Yes there is,  Launchpad is linked to the dock and in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Dock I see this file desktoppicture.db. If you have any Launchpad corruption just delete that file and reboot the file will be rebuilt.

News: *Yosemite Beta 1 available!

beta.png

e-mail received by Apple a few minutes ago, so DP's time finished!

dowload.png

..downloading... :thumbsup_anim:

downloading.png

Additional info:

additional.png

@fantomas1, perhaps a new dedicated topic is recommended?

Anyone tried clean installing the Public Beta and using the IOGraphicsFamily kext patch?  How is it working for y'all?

*yes, I had not noticed your post :hysterical:  ...and I'll try as soon as the download is finished :P

Micky

• Like 1

News: *Yosemite Beta 1 available!

attachicon.gifbeta.png

e-mail received by Apple a few minutes ago, so DP's time finished!

attachicon.gifdowload.png

..downloading... :thumbsup_anim:

attachicon.gifdownloading.png

Additional info:

attachicon.gifadditional.png

@fantomas1, perhaps a new dedicated topic is recommended?

*yes, I had not noticed your post :hysterical:  ...and I'll try as soon as the download is finished :P

Micky

A total misconception the public beta program is dedicated for non-developers willing to have a sneak peak into Yosemite, it's the very same DP4 build that's been released a few days ago and will get updated less often than actual DPs. 

So if you are already running DP4 there's absolutely no reason to Download the public beta build unless you wanna lack behind in terms of updates.

No reason to open a new thread either.

see my last post

...but perhaps at least the name (Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app) has changed?

If the build is the same, then nothing has changed...

But my download is not finished yet, so I could not even see with my own eyes :P

A total misconception the public beta program is dedicated for non-developers willing to have a sneak peak into Yosemite, it's the very same DP4 build that's been released a few days ago and will get updated less often than actual DPs. 

So if you are already running DP4 there's absolutely no reason to Download the public beta build unless you wanna lack behind in terms of updates.

Beta is newer than DP4. Also it's more legal for those who don't have a developer account and didn't signed a NDA

Even tho it's the same as DP4 there is some stuff that has been changed to the os. Some people also wanna clean install Yosemite because updating from AppStore is not always the best implementation for hacks. If you wanna stay on DP4 more freedom to ya, however there are other reasons to update than to just be "on the latest OS".

Beta is newer than DP4. Also I have heard, I don't know if it's true, they are more "legal" if you don't have a developer account (in my case I don't).

Sure, but here on InsanelyMac, we discuss talking about regular software only ;)

Even tho it's the same as DP4 there is some stuff that has been changed to the os. Some people also wanna clean install Yosemite because updating from AppStore is not always the best implementation for hacks. If you wanna stay on DP4 more freedom to ya, however there are other reasons to update than to just be "on the latest OS".

Yep, although InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg are the same as before (i.e. as DP4) but I think/suspect that the installer (the app installer, along with some scripts) was changed, and with this a few small things can be different on the installed System.

• Like 1

Don't see how you could possibly know this considering how new the public beta program is. And as has been mentioned, Beta 1 is a newer build than DP4.

One thing's for certain, its way easier to create a bootable usb with the new beta than it was with dp1. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1757723

• Like 2

Isn't the App Installer used in a Installer Media from the one provided by BaseSystem.dmg, which is inside the InstallESD.dmg? Not sure about -createinstallmedia but if you make your own usb i'm pretty sure.

I feel like updating DP using delta update didn't update IOGraphics as it wasn't required for the update, so when it came to the public beta they provided a new IOGraphics kext, thus breaking the patch. Even tho that might far-fetched to say, this is the only thing I can think of.

• Like 1

Yes there is,  Launchpad is linked to the dock and in the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Dock I see this file desktoppicture.db. If you have any Launchpad corruption just delete that file and reboot the file will be rebuilt.

I have deleted the desktoppicture.db and restarted, but no changes :-(

Sure, but here on InsanelyMac, we discuss talking about regular software only ;)

But it is still a reason to use a beta, now I can log in with my iCloud account almost without fearing getting a slap from Apple :) .

The IOGraphics Kext patch in clover for splashed up screen before desktop is broken and doesn't work in Public Beta. It was working in DP4

Not sure if it was working because the binaries were the same for the previous DP's and it was changed in Public Release.

It started out not working for me.  After a couple reboots, it worked fine.