OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Are we trying to make our hackintosh more like a mac or we just trying to make things just boot?

I agree with pike it is better to fix bootloader(s) not just delete some files because the problem is still there.

I have this problem it is not annoying me

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-72?do=findComment&comment=2043050

so this user responded and said that he fixes every time fakesmc

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/page-73?do=findComment&comment=2043134

I don't undestand it it is not a simple kext it is the most important kext for hackintosh and it is still incomplete and all it needs is some lines.If they do no harm why someone (i'dont understand too much to make it myself) is not fixing it.

Sorry for my english but i try ny best.

Good find @pokenguyen!

I also noticed the extra entries in the Clover main menu....

Instead of deleting "System" and "com.apple.boot.S" folders, I simply renamed them with the "OG" prefix (for "original") and also renamed the boot.efi in /System/Library/CoreServices to OG.boot.efi.

@Pike has a good point:  the new folders do serve some purpose so I decided not to delete them until more is known about them :).

EDIT: Maybe will not work for all, Time2win tried and doesn't work for him, use pokenguyen method instead ;)

EDIT2: only solves the extra entries on clover, to boot to the Recovery HD use pokenguyen method  B)

I solved it by installing the RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg (476MB) that came with the DP4 update... (I'm used to save all updates from /Library/Updates before installing it :) )

post-267395-0-51648400-1406119295_thumb.png

it keep all files in the Recovery HD and correct the extra entries issue in the clover main menu

Thanks for the quick response.  I went ahead and entered kext-dev-mode=1 and it booted and finished off the install of DP4.  Would love to know how to get Audio working.  It would be with Legacy 888 kext on a GA-X58-UD3R board.  Any ideas.  It worked in Mavericks, but using the kext from Mavericks did not work. 

Thanks for the quick response.  I went ahead and entered kext-dev-mode=1 and it booted and finished off the install of DP4.  Would love to know how to get Audio working.  It would be with Legacy 888 kext on a GA-X58-UD3R board.  Any ideas.  It worked in Mavericks, but using the kext from Mavericks did not work. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite-dps/

I solved it by installing the RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg (476MB) that came with the DP4 update... (I'm used to save all updates from /Library/Updates before installing it :) )

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-07-23 at 08.57.25.png

it keep all files in the Recovery HD and correct the extra entries issue in the clover main menu

Doesn't work for me, it recreate the "Boot Mac OS X from OS X" partition..

And both "Boot Mac OS X from OS X" and "Recovery HD" boot directly into Yosemite.. 

pokenguyen solution is the best so far.. 

• Like 1

Deleting the folders worked for me too. I'm guessing my BIOS will create a boot entry when it finds a boot.efi file and there's two in the recovery hd after running the updater. Leaving just com.apple.recovery.boot means I only have one boot entry for recovery and it works fine.

Doesn't work for me, it recreate the "Boot Mac OS X from OS X" partition..

And both "Boot Mac OS X from OS X" and "Recovery HD" boot directly into Yosemite.. 

pokenguyen solution is the best so far.. 

Thats crazy, I don't know why that worked for me so :(

I had the same issue, two Yosemite's HDs and the recovery all booting into Yosemite.

Thats crazy, I don't know why that worked for me so :(

I had the same issue, two Yosemite's HDs and the recovery all booting into Yosemite.

I think the installer copied those 2 folders from existing OS X Installation.

When I first check Recovery HD, the plist in System folder shows Version DP3.

removed those folders, and reinstall your package, 2 folders are recreated again.

Then I check the plist in new System folder, and it shows Version DP4 now.

Still, I have to remove them, if not both will boot to Yos instead.

@Pike R. Alpha,

Also. Updating the kernel cache should be done with:

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions
sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I have always done it this way on Mavericks:

chmod -R 755 Extensions/*

chown -R root:wheel Extensions/*

touch Extensions

Also posted on this thread:

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

Will these three ways of doing this accomplish the same thing or is it different for Yosemite?

Also if one deletes everything in S/L/Caches/, would you use any of those commands after the delete or reboot?

Thanks

I think the installer copied those 2 folders from existing OS X Installation.

When I first check Recovery HD, the plist in System folder shows Version DP3.

removed those folders, and reinstall your package, 2 folders are recreated again.

Then I check the plist in new System folder, and it shows Version DP4 now.

Still, I have to remove them, if not both will boot to Yos instead.

I tried to boot to the Recovery HD from my iMac, but it takes me to the Yosemite desktop too :hysterical: , if I delete those folders, the recovery HD doesn't boot, (don't find the cache)
If someone with a Mac try to boot and get the same result, is that it is a bug (maybe a feature in a future DP release)

Resuming: Delete those folders is ok on a hackintosh, and is the only way to boot to the Recovery HD, but it doesn't work on a Mac

Edit: To solve the boot issue, replace the "com.apple.Boot.plist" from "com.apple.boot.R/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" with the one located on "com.apple.recovery.boot" on your Recovery HD, this will work on hackintosh and Macs.

@Pike R. Alpha,

Also. Updating the kernel cache should be done with:

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

I have always done it this way on Mavericks:

chmod -R 755 Extensions/*

chown -R root:wheel Extensions/*

touch Extensions

Also posted on this thread:

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -K /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /System/Library/Extensions

Will these three ways of doing this accomplish the same thing or is it different for Yosemite?

Also if one deletes everything in S/L/Caches/, would you use any of those commands after the delete or reboot?

Thanks

sudo kextcache -Boot -/

is used by the installer and actually runs a much longer command (see verbose mode or /var/log/system.log) so it should be fine.

After upgrading to DP4 can only see a black screen until the login screen, where's the damn Apple logo?  :dev:

Iam used r2758 working good  

Now I am build new r2775 and testing soon 

Can someone please advise me if Chameleon has tackled the Yosemite DP changes better than Clover has, as there seems to be a move back to Chameleon, unless I am reading many posts here and elsewhere incorrectly.

I am not interested into bashing either one or the other, just wish to know which one is considered better for the Yosemite DP builds.

The only observation i have is that many of the Clover developers rely on older PC equipment and make changes to Yosemite without having loaded the application, rather preferring to use emulators, and the fact that much of the later Clover fixes appear to be for laptop clones, rather than for OS X the application.

Just interested to know the thoughts of others who are familiar with both boot loaders.

Good find @pokenguyen!

I also noticed the extra entries in the Clover main menu....

attachicon.gifRecovery 10.10.png

The title for the Recovery Partition is "Boot Recovery from OSX 10.10", and there are two Yosemite entries, each named "Boot Mac OS X from OSX 10.10".

attachicon.gifOSX 10.10_1.png

@Pike has a good point:  the new folders do serve some purpose so I decided not to delete them until more is known about them :).

I updated to DP4 and installed the Yosemite Recovery Update 1 on my mac mini and it is also now missing the Recovery Partition when starting the Mac with the option key.  Instead, there are 2 entries for Yosemite and both entries boot to it.  Other Mac owners are also experiencing the same issue - see Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 bug.

It is therefore clearly a bug in the update for DP4 and not a Clover issue or problem restricted to our hacks :).

• Like 1

I updated to DP4 and installed the Yosemite Recovery Update 1 on my mac mini and it is also now missing the Recovery Partition when starting the Mac with the option key.  Instead, there are 2 entries for Yosemite and both entries boot to it.  Other Mac owners are also experiencing the same issue - see Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 bug.

It is therefore clearly a bug in the update for DP4 and not a Clover issue or problem restricted to our hacks :).

I solved this boot issue, replacing the "com.apple.Boot.plist" from "com.apple.boot.R/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" with the one located on "com.apple.recovery.boot" on the Recovery HD, this will work on hackintosh and Macs ;)

• Like 4