OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

No SMBIOS is being used as clover automatically detects the best possible one. however, I believe it's iMac 13,2. 

the best by the current hardware, but not sure for the yosemite installer..

Are you using Beta 1? is it any better than previous DP4? 

yes beta1.really anything relevant

Αnyone tried to enable trim on public beta ? not working for me like before (DP4)

use trim enabler. when you can't access it in applications, right-click on it and choose show package contents > Mac OS. Click trim enabler and enable it. it works here

• Like 1

I'm having a problem booting my new install of Yosemite Beta1 normally using Clover version 2774. If I choose Verbose mode the system comes up okay, but if I don't I get some graphical corruption to the left of the (stretched) apple logo, and the login screen never appears. Any ideas?

Use Clover_v2k_r2695 is more easy.

Unfortunately I get the same video corruption when using version 2695 and the boot process hangs. Only verbose mode works in either 2695 or 2774.  Any other thoughts?

post-183001-0-00256700-1406651594_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I get the same video corruption when using version 2695 and the boot process hangs. Only verbose mode works in either 2695 or 2774.  Any other thoughts?

Other thought is Clover 2782+

Other thought is Clover 2782+

Hmm, the compiling instructions don't look too involved so I may give it a go. If that doesn't work out, I'll be awaiting the next release to try it out.  Thanks!

Thanks for the build.  Unfortunately I get the same result: corrupted apple boot screen.  Well, while booting in verbose mode isn't ideal, at least it seems to work okay.

I had graphics issues during second stage boot and used this kext patch (applied on-the-fly by Clover) and it resolved them for me.  Maybe it will work for you too.  Credit goes to pokenguyen for the patch and Boss Kitipos for the original modified IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298808-can-we-get-back-the-apple-logo-on-boot/?p=2041174

I had graphics issues during second stage boot and used this kext patch (applied on-the-fly by Clover) and it resolved them for me.  Maybe it will work for you too.  Credit goes to pokenguyen for the patch and Boss Kitipos for the original modified IOGraphicsFamily.kext.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298808-can-we-get-back-the-apple-logo-on-boot/?p=2041174

Thanks for the tip, but the graphics issues (while annoying) aren't really that important to me.  I mentioned them hoping that they would be an informative symptom for someone more knowledgeable than me.  The real issue is that without verbose mode, the boot always hangs and never gets me to a login screen .  At that point the graphics are corrupted, but it's the stalled boot that I would really like to fix.  So far I've tried 3 versions of Clover and they all do the same thing.

Did anyone managed to make VoodooHDA work? tried reinstalling, repairing permissions, etc and no avail

It detects a Line-Out output in settings but the volume icon is greyed out and no sound comes out actually the sound works just the volume slider doesn't lol. I will try the volume fix flag

BTW Java on Yosemite = FAIL and I need it, if not I will revert to Mavericks as I am programming

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2014-06-03 a la(s) 20.39.33.png

+1 I am having this issue as well, using Creative Core 3D audio chip in Gigabyte G1 Sniper m5

Thanks for the tip, but the graphics issues (while annoying) aren't really that important to me.  I mentioned them hoping that they would be an informative symptom for someone more knowledgeable than me.  The real issue is that without verbose mode, the boot always hangs and never gets me to a login screen .  At that point the graphics are corrupted, but it's the stalled boot that I would really like to fix.  So far I've tried 3 versions of Clover and they all do the same thing.

Add to the boot section of your config.plist:

<key>CustomLogo</key>
      <string>none</string>