[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Whoa, wait a sec there briwil, i can launch without injection. Only my interface in launch pad and stuff look buggy and stuttering.

Giving me the idea that qe is not or not well enabled

What, am I crazy in thinking you mentioned injectors?

Ok, never mind,  sorry guys, I guess its just me, and a separate issue.

open chess : you have qe/ci

this is an extract of the config.plist (provided in the v0.4)

that enabled qe.ci on the sp1 since the beginning.

No need of manual modification or strange stuff injected, just place the files in the correct path and/or partition.

I'll try! In a while I tell if it works.

Okay, nevermind my chess game is glitchy as well I'm afraid.... I thought it was smooth... Until I launched it a second time

Out of curiosity, we're you ever on 10.9.2, and if so, did you noticed the glitchiness then too?

Nope i got this tablet and downloaded the latest installer for mavericks from the store im afraid 10.9.4

Sorry. But i think i cant help you there briwil

Well no worries, I'm not the one experiencing the glitchiness :)

When I went from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 I noticed some overall glitchiness and lagging, esp with my touch base drivers, so I went back 10.9.2, where all was good.

Hi there,

trying to get OSX 10.9 on my sp2 (8GB/256GB SSD) but stuck at C. part 3 - I get the bouncing ball and nothing else appears - I would be extremely grateful for any help to try and get pass this issue?

C. Install OSX on the Surface Pro 2

1. Power up holding the volume down, with the USB stick installed
2. Clover will boot up, choose your USB stick and boot without caches and injected kext
3. Open Disk Utility once the installer has come up

open chess : you have qe/ci

this is an extract of the config.plist (provided in the v0.4)

that enabled qe.ci on the sp1 since the beginning.

No need of manual modification or strange stuff injected, just place the files in the correct path and/or partition.

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>ATI</key>

<false/>

<key>Intel</key>

<true/>

<key>NVidia</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x01660004</string>

</dict>

Ive just reinstalled my drivers with kextdrop, checked that part that you quoted, and thats in the config.plist....

Only difference is that the order of the by you quoted part is different in my config.plist.

Still no qe/ci.... 

Could it be my touchbase driver thats causing problems here?

@ Bertholomus

Thanks for that I've got further now adding this option in the boot of clover but the screen is now showing the osx mavericks logo albeit all messed up with vertigo scanlines with multiple scenes so not able to select the correct option for the disk until, sorry but not sure how to post image on here!

Forgot to mention the osx image was just downloaded from the AppStore so well could be 10.9.4 So maybe the problem - if so I'll try and get an 10.9.2 image and retry these steps.

Thanks m1nhx

@snooz

never had such issue, but it's a software problem, maybe you installed an app that messed up something...

@snooz This is something we'd typically see on a SP2 installation where I was able to bypass it by changing my color profile.  Try these little mini-hacks out.  I currently do not have a permanent solution to this issue.  

Option 1

- Open up System Preferences ----> Displays ---> Color

- Select the color profile [sRGB IEC61966-2.1]

Option 2

- Download cDock (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdock/)

- Extract then Run cDock

- From the pull-down menu, choose the option of "Restore Dock"

- Click on OK.  

- Close cDock

Option 3

- Run both of these steps and see if your color comes back. 

Let me know how this works.  cDock essentially re-sets the GUI, where force-quitting finder has been unsuccessful.  

well, the bug disappeared without doing nothing!

hope it keeps working ok

thanks

@ Bertolomus

Got abit further and completed the install of osx 10.9.4 using the dart=0, fix display enabled and boot using safemode. Now osx boots up using this setup. Now need to try and get this booting via Clover - do I run the pkg and install using the same method but point to my new osx disk?

Thanks in advance

m1nhx

@m1nhx

Correct, but if you want to get things going it might get a little more involved than that.  I recommend you search "dual boot" with quotations in the search field to see how people got through it.  It's been very well documented on this forum. 

For everyone who wants to use android in Surface Pro... (but I'm sorry if it may contain some advertisement...)

minimum requirement, Surface Pro 1, 2 or 3 with Windows 64 bit.

I've been trying to install android using iso in the first page of this surface forum. However, it's still far from running perfectly.

I've also tried to install Bluestack, Andy emulator, or using Virtualization (VMware or VirtualBox). However, it's still not running as smoothly or consume too much resources (RAM for example).

and then, I've found AMIDUOS developed by American Megatrends (You can search it in google). It's not free (around USD9.9) but it definitely runs more smoothly without dual boot and the best one is you can install most apps in google play.

I'm using surface pro 1 and after installing Antutu, it scores between between 23000 to 29000 in full benchmark. I think it's good enough because it's just running side by side with windows without dual booting.

After several day of use, I've found several disadvantages. One of them is that my surface pro's fan keeps running when using amiduos eventhough it doesnot consume memory or something. It's a little bit worrying cause it does consume cpu too much...(may be somebody could advise me )

This android will run smoothly if at least the setting for battery is not "power saver". whenever in "power saver" mode, I feel some lags in running apps in amiduos.

So, at the and of the day, I'm satisfied because Windows, Mac and android can be used in daily basis.

Can Someone help me to solve my problem with qe/ci in 10.9.4?

Because I'm thinking about restarting with 10.9.2 instead since I keep having those qe/ci problems. :-/

For what its worth, I upgraded to 10.9.4 from 10.9.2 tonight, and now I have all the same issues as you do. No qe/ci, SwitchRexX doesn't work correctly, my purchased TouchBase drivers aren't working at all.

Does anyone know if its possible to downgrade to an earlier version of OSX without erasing everything?

For what its worth, I upgraded to 10.9.4 from 10.9.2 tonight, and now I have all the same issues as you do. No qe/ci, SwitchRexX doesn't work correctly, my purchased TouchBase drivers aren't working at all.

Does anyone know if its possible to downgrade to an earlier version of OSX without erasing everything?

Ive started over, because nobody answered.

I have a working osx surface now though, installed everything, the only thing i have to solve is that im unable to use my Apple id in the store, while i have installed the nullethernet kext...

Anyway, even m'n Asus USB-AC51 dongle works fine :)

I DO have to install switch res X yet though.

But my system fully works on 10.9.2 with qe/ci

Hey guys, i followed the Guide to Install Mavericks on my Surface Pro 1 but when i try to boot after the installation, i stuck at  IOBluetooth .. so i deleted everything with name bluetooth in my extensions, now i got stuck at:

ntfs_system_inodes_get(): Windows is hibernated. Will not be able to remount read-write. Run chkdsk.

I also deleted IntelHDA & ATI drivers.. here all the kext's i backed up & also deleted on my installation:

screennmsur.png

I booted with "Without caches and kext injections" .

Any suggestions ?

I have a working osx surface now though, installed everything, the only thing i have to solve is that im unable to use my Apple id in the store, while i have installed the nullethernet kext...

Yeah, I think it is just a 10.9.4 thing, don't know why everyone else acts like they don't have any issues with it.

For the Apple ID thing, just make sure you follow the step where you use CloverConfigurator to create a new, fake Serial number, then insert that one in place of the one that's in the config.plist file now.

Yeah, I think it is just a 10.9.4 thing, don't know why everyone else acts like they don't have any issues with it.

For the Apple ID thing, just make sure you follow the step where you use CloverConfigurator to create a new, fake Serial number, then insert that one in place of the one that's in the config.plist file now.

do i have to handle a certain format for the fake SN? 

thnx for helping me with this btw :) its one of the last things i still have to configure/set up.

checklist:

- Getting Appstore to log in.

- enter 1280x720 HiDPI in SwitchResX (no idea yet how to configure I've used the program once and back then the HiDPI resolutions were enabled automatically).

- re-calibrate my touch drivers, (ive done that too quick so the accuracy is a little bit off)

- last but not least, purchasing both the touchdrivers as SwitchresX (unless someone can provide me a well working serial for 4.4 :P but i guess not)

My recommendation would be that this time, once you have fully configured it, make an image of your drive using diskutility and keep it on your sdcard. This way, whenever i try to experiment with new kext/upgrades and s*it hits the fan, I just insert the clover boot usb and reinstall the image back using the diskutility that comes with the osx installer - simple easy and most importantly fast.