[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

do i have to handle a certain format for the fake SN? 

It's pretty straight forward, just do as the instructions say- in CloverConfigurator, click on the magic wand button (I forget which tab you click on to get there, it's in the instructions, then you choose a mac model from the pull down list (i.e. MacBook air) then let it create a serial number. Copy it.

There's already a SN in your config file, find it and replace.

Thnx for the tip munakib, the thing was, that i started my first installation with 10.9.4, it wasnt an upgrade. 
I recently got hands on the tablet and i downloaded a fresh 10.9.4 installer from the appstore on my laptop hackintosh :) 

But some drivers are not working properly on 10.9.4 SP1 im afraid. touch worked, but the qe/ci did not :/ now that ive restarted with 10.9.2 on this project. i did get a possitive result :). but indeed i was thinking on backupping this to an image or something :) 

My recommendation would be that this time, once you have fully configured it, make an image of your drive using diskutility and keep it on your sdcard. This way, whenever i try to experiment with new kext/upgrades and s*it hits the fan, I just insert the clover boot usb and reinstall the image back using the diskutility that comes with the osx installer - simple easy and most importantly fast.

My recommendation would be that this time, once you have fully configured it, make an image of your drive using diskutility and keep it on your sdcard. This way, whenever i try to experiment with new kext/upgrades and s*it hits the fan, I just insert the clover boot usb and reinstall the image back using the diskutility that comes with the osx installer - simple easy and most importantly fast.

That is a brilliant idea, just when I was trying to figure out a way to make a safety net! Thanks.

It's pretty straight forward, just do as the instructions say- in CloverConfigurator, click on the magic wand button (I forget which tab you click on to get there, it's in the instructions, then you choose a mac model from the pull down list (i.e. MacBook air) then let it create a serial number. Copy it.

There's already a SN in your config file, find it and replace.

ive just done that, created a new SN using the clover configurator... and copied it in at the correct point of the .plist... but i still get the warning: " Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." when trying to log in at the app store :/

ive just done that, created a new SN using the clover configurator... and copied it in at the correct point of the .plist... but i still get the warning: " Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." when trying to log in at the app store :/

Which mac model are you choosing when you create the SN?

I know picking one of the MacBook pro models worked for me.

I see that my last reply didnt post (probably forgot to hit the reply button after writing it)

I used the fix of resetting the network connections by removing the .plist and emptying the connections list in the network tab, and that worked for me. I can login now. In the app store and stuff :) all thats Left for me is adding the res in switchresX, do you have Any experience with that?

Hey guys,

i finally installed Mountain Lion successfully. But it's very very slow! Does anyone have the same problem ?

Are there kext's to fully speed the hackintosh up ?

Im running Mountain Lion GM on Surface Pro 1.

Should i run updates etc ?

Any suggestion could solve my problem!

Thanks.

Does anyone know a good program which triggers the hardware display brightness to be changed? I just noticed that I can't reduce my display brightness. in the system settings :/ 

If someone knows, it would be a great help and reduce my battery usage :P

There's an app in the App Store, I think it's called screen brightness, works ok.

Can you PM me a link, because most of those brightness sliders are software based, and not hardware based :( which doesnt make any difference for your battery.

Ok yeah, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a way to actually dim the screen, like really dim it.

They're are quite a few things with osx86 that you're not gonna get with a real mac.

Ok yeah, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is a way to actually dim the screen, like really dim it.

They're are quite a few things with osx86 that you're not gonna get with a real mac.

you know what the strange thing is Briwil :P

ive tried this surface hackintosh twice.

First time was under 10.9.4, almost everything worked including addjusting brightness, which i could dimm under screen settings. But i had no qe/ci.

I've started over under 10.9.2, now everything works except for the brightness i cant find any place to adjust it. and i'd really like to :) .

I dont even have any problems at all with the micro sd slot. i can insert and take the card out at any moment when the tablet is on. under 10.9.4 that resulted in a reset of the OS...

Interesting. I upgraded to 10.9.4 this weekend, only to have everything go to hell, had to erase the hd and start all over, I'm not leaving 10.9.2 until I hear some more positive stories.

Weird that the brightness works in it, wonder what the difference is. Need to steal a kext from it maybe?

Interesting. I upgraded to 10.9.4 this weekend, only to have everything go to hell, had to erase the hd and start all over, I'm not leaving 10.9.2 until I hear some more positive stories.

Weird that the brightness works in it, wonder what the difference is. Need to steal a kext from it maybe?

I have no idea, im glad everything works fine on 10.9.2 now, if you can confirm a working brightness kext from 10.9.4. I think you would do a favour to the complete forum here.... I reset mine back to 10.9.2 so i cant try that anymore.. I expected it to work here as well (which it didnt...)

Do you know which kext it is that controlls it? I might be able to get the kext from an real iMac running 10.9.4

Oh, like I said, I'm back on 10.9.2 with no plans of leaving, so maybe someone else could figure it out. Not even sure if it's something as easy as a kext swap, that same kext could be the reason for your lack of qe/ci earlier, so I wouldn't hold my breathe. Maybe the moderator here would have a better idea.

• Like 1

Wondering, for anyone out there who has also purchased the touch-base drivers- will we ever get updates for them, or is what they sent us it? There doesn't seem to be a downloadable link on the website anywhere, and I'm not sure if they are even working on any updates for the Surface Pro version anyway.

I ask bc I noticed the driver doesn't work with the pen when I have my power cover on my surface; works fine with my touch cover, but not the power cover.

Wondering, for anyone out there who has also purchased the touch-base drivers- will we ever get updates for them, or is what they sent us it? There doesn't seem to be a downloadable link on the website anywhere, and I'm not sure if they are even working on any updates for the Surface Pro version anyway.

Did you pay the additional 12% (if I recall correctly) for maintenance?  If not, then probably not.

Did you pay the additional 12% (if I recall correctly) for maintenance?  If not, then probably not.

Weird, no, I've never heard of that. I just emailed them (as they requested on their page), and they sent me a paypal invoice for $100. Didn't realize there were any other options.

Sure you're not thinking of the SwitchResX?

Weird, no, I've never heard of that. I just emailed them (as they requested on their page), and they sent me a paypal invoice for $100. Didn't realize there were any other options.

Nope.  For those of us about to retire, this is the old software maintenance model we knew back in the mainframe and minicomputer era.  You paid for the software, and threw in 10% extra each year.  Oracle still does this, and demands back maintenance to bring you current if you want even documentation.  Touchbase is 12% for lifetime maintenance.  You're in luck, it's only $12.00 US.  As I said before, we are a tiny market for them.  They aren't going to get rich on us.  They aren't even going to break even.  (Remember the three laws of gas entropy :-)).  It helps to keep your friends when you support them...

Nope.  For those of us about to retire, this is the old software maintenance model we knew back in the mainframe and minicomputer era.  You paid for the software, and threw in 10% extra each year.  Oracle still does this, and demands back maintenance to bring you current if you want even documentation.  Touchbase is 12% for lifetime maintenance.  You're in luck, it's only $12.00 US.  As I said before, we are a tiny market for them.  They aren't going to get rich on us.  They aren't even going to break even.  (Remember the three laws of gas entropy :-)).  It helps to keep your friends when you support them...

I have no problem paying the money, its just a really, really weird way to do business, to not even mention it to the customer.

Its also weird to change a separate fee for support for an app you're selling, especially one that is more beta than finished.

But I understand that they aren't making money here.