[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Gotcha. When I open Kext Wizard it just freezes and when I use Kext Drop it just doesn't do anything... am I missing something again?

Not experienced that, in kext wizard are you changing the target drive to the usb? Both programs will do the s/l/e kexts but to put them into clover folder you have to just manually drag and drop then repair permissions on the disk.

SP2, 10.9.4,

Used Pokenguy's guide to install 10.9.4 to my SP2 today and, for the most part, the installation went well. I completed every step in the guide and was up and running. I completed the last few steps where I installed Clover to the SSD but now am getting stuck with the "missing bluetooth controller" and can no longer boot into OS X. I have tried safe mode with fake ID and everything else I could think of on this forum. The only thing that may have thrown it off is that I used the dsdt.aml & ssdt.aml files from macspike's file pack. Again, it seemed like everything worked fine until I installed Clover to my SSD and finished the final couple of steps.

Thoughts?

Boot off the usb and copy the files from your USB clover folder to the SSD clover folder - would assume if the work on USB then a duplicate on SSD should work?

Sorry I am SP1 and not great with this but that may help.

Hey guys

So I finally managed to get it all installed a found a couple of things that weren't mentioned in the guide that helped me, so I will list them up as soon as I get a chance.

I am still having an issue though. The only way for me to start osx is by using these under graphics: injectededid, loadvbios and as fake id: 0x1660009). Is that something that is going to compromise the stability of the system in the long run? If not, how can I make those options permanent in Clover so that I do not need to manually input them any time? Also, is there a way to not having to go through the unix boot up lines but just have the apple logo there?

Cheers

Dav

Hey guys

So I finally managed to get it all installed a found a couple of things that weren't mentioned in the guide that helped me, so I will list them up as soon as I get a chance.

I am still having an issue though. The only way for me to start osx is by using these under graphics: injectededid, loadvbios and as fake id: 0x1660009). Is that something that is going to compromise the stability of the system in the long run? If not, how can I make those options permanent in Clover so that I do not need to manually input them any time? Also, is there a way to not having to go through the unix boot up lines but just have the apple logo there?

Cheers

Dav

Good, glad you got it sorted.

I found that once I had got it all on to the SSD etc, finished the install and restarted if I then just picked the new drive it loaded like normal?

You can set those options to be the default in clover configurator I think if they absolutely need to be in each time.

Sorry it's been a while since I did the Mavericks partition so a bit vague now.

Hi, I'm beginning to notice that under os x when watching youtube, bbc iplayer videos etc, that my SP1s fans become really loud whereas under windows I never experienced this issue. Does anyone know how to adjust the fan speed under os x.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm beginning to notice that under os x when watching youtube, bbc iplayer videos etc, that my SP1s fans become really loud whereas under windows I never experienced this issue. Does anyone know how to adjust the fan speed under os x.

Thank you.

There is an app for it, can't remember the name of it but had it on macbook.

Try istat maybe?

(surfaceosx)

Have been trying for hours to get my surface pro stable. Current setup: Surface pro in official docking station. Half of the reboots I get distorted sound. Using the search function I found the suggestion to use the clover configuration tool to manually enter the Custom UUID but I guess that I am doing something wrong. I have tried the following UUID's:

- The one in system profiler (which seems to be quite random on every boot, tried the one which was active when I had correct working sound)

- The UUID which clover shows during boot.

So, my question is the following: which UUID should I be using? And when entering the Custom UUID, should I disable the "Inject System ID" as suggested earlier? Or is there any other fix for the stuttering sound?

Not sure if it is related or not, but I have followed the instructions for getting facetime etc. working but couldn't get that working either. Thought that it might be related to having a different UUID on every reboot. On the last boots my system is also sometimes crashing (aka, reloading the GUI) when I try to open the system profiler. When the GUI is restarted (within a second, which messes with my monitor arrangement) I suddenly am able to start the system profiler.

(surfaceosx)

have one of you guys ever experienced problems with usb?

i just have installed osx on two surface pro and if i boot normaly none of my usb device are recognized, they even dont get energy i think, because my usb sticks lights arent on.

but if i boot with a usb device plugged in it is recognized, but if i plug it out and put another in the new one isnt recognized...

sounds like as usb kext problem for me, any advices?

its on booth surface pros. 

(surfaceosx)

have one of you guys ever experienced problems with usb?

i just have installed osx on two surface pro and if i boot normaly none of my usb device are recognized, they even dont get energy i think, because my usb sticks lights arent on.

but if i boot with a usb device plugged in it is recognized, but if i plug it out and put another in the new one isnt recognized...

sounds like as usb kext problem for me, any advices?

its on booth surface pros. 

Yes, I have exactly the same issue! Not sure how to fix it though!

Thank you.

this is due the extremely high resolution (the hd4000 isn't ideal for retina resolutions)

use the native 1920x1080 resolution ;)

P.s.

to those having issues on Sp1 double check that you are using the dsdt and ssdt from the root of the v0.4 repack.

I am using an updated kext for yosemite. Will check mine and see if I get the same problem. In the meantime if you want to try it, find the 10.10 guide on here for the surface pro and I think the link was on page 3. Will check as soon as I can.

I am using an updated kext for yosemite. Will check mine and see if I get the same problem. In the meantime if you want to try it, find the 10.10 guide on here for the surface pro and I think the link was on page 3. Will check as soon as I can.

Checked. I don't have that issue, may want to try the other kext.

Has anybody noticed that the dsdt and ssdt from the root folder are a ton better (brightness support for 10.9.4 etc.) but they introduce some flickering in the display which is not there is one uses the ones from 'to efi partition'. 

Wondering if anyone has figured out a solution for this?

Cheers