[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

I just noticed that in JahStories's SP1.zip that there are two sets of dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml files- one in a "Dsdt & Ssdt" folder in the root, and one in '/To EFI Partition/Clover/Acpi/Patched/'

I've used the latter, but what are the former for? I always assumed they were the same files, but they have different file sizes and creation dates.

EDIT-

Crazy, so I just replaced the dsdt.aml file that I had originally placed in my EFI partition with the one from the "Dsdt & Ssdt" folder in the root of the zip (has a Feb 9 date on it), and now I have brightness controls! Awesome.

Svenator, are you listening?

Yes im listening, 

Thnx for the info Briwil im gonna try that out... this doesnt effect anything else on the tablet does it? 

Just did, and now my Bluetooth stopped working.... i do however have dimmed screen indeed

Besides that I'd like to know, has anyone tested (with a so far functioning) if the volume buttons and the windows button at the bottom of the screen, actually give ANY key log at all on os x. if so we might be able to write a script to connect them to the actually volume shortcuts. 

Edit: 

Nvm guys, reinstalled the drivers and the bluetooth does work again :) 

@svenator

volume keys are part of the pen digitizer and should be driven by their driver (in our case the touch base one) that sadly doesn't incorporate support for them, they know the issue, but they seems to don't care about it :/

@svenator

volume keys are part of the pen digitizer and should be driven by their driver (in our case the touch base one) that sadly doesn't incorporate support for them, they know the issue, but they seems to don't care about it :/

yeah i know about that sadly enough... thats why i try to ask around it there isnt a separate script that we can write ourselves to controll these buttons. im just thinking out loud :)

The Panda wireless adapter is not working. It continuously disconnects and reconnects at such a fast rate I can't even connect lol. Went off the advice of Brahman to get a Ralink wifi adapter but unfortunately no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Edimax seems to have mixed reviews. Bolse was mentioned once and it looks promising being nanosized with an antenna for extended range. But can anyone confirm one that is 100% working, within $16 and preferably nano-sized?

The Panda wireless adapter is not working. It continuously disconnects and reconnects at such a fast rate I can't even connect lol. Went off the advice of Brahman to get a Ralink wifi adapter but unfortunately no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Edimax seems to have mixed reviews. Bolse was mentioned once and it looks promising being nanosized with an antenna for extended range. But can anyone confirm one that is 100% working, within $16 and preferably nano-sized?

That could be because of a conflict of two drivers Avatarmage, I have the very same problem with ASUS USB-AC51 on my laptop, while it works fine on my Surface atm. Does it use the Ralink Wireless Utility?

(edit was an extra question towards avatarmage)

Edited by Svenator

I use this and it works great-

http://www.amazon.com/Tenda-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter-W311MI/dp/B006GCYAOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406840081&sr=8-1&keywords=tenda+150mbps+wireless+pico+w311mi

That could be because of a conflict of two drivers Avatarmage, I have the very same problem with ASUS USB-AC51 on my laptop, while it works fine on my Surface atm. Does it use the Ralink Wireless Utility?

(edit was an extra question towards avatarmage)

Yes it uses the Ralink wireless utility which I also find poorly designed. I guess I'm just too used to the ease of setting up a network in Windows 8. Find, connect and bam. Perhaps it is a conflict of drivers. Is there a solution to this? In any case I've returned the panda adapter and I'll follow your suggestion briwil. You've already been right once!

Yes it uses the Ralink wireless utility which I also find poorly designed. I guess I'm just too used to the ease of setting up a network in Windows 8. Find, connect and bam. Perhaps it is a conflict of drivers. Is there a solution to this? In any case I've returned the panda adapter and I'll follow your suggestion briwil. You've already been right once!

Don't ask, but ive got it working on my laptop hackintosh, i recommend you to take the latest drivers from the site of your panda adapter if you still have the adapter. 

My Brightness works, and thus almost everything is working. 

i was only wondering, on my Laptop (running 10.9.2 as well) my computer switches automatically when i plug in my headset, my surface doesnt. is there anyone who has that detection actually working? 

Tenda adapter is working! It was annoying as heck, the utility sucks but in the end after changing my router to WEP security I am able to access the internet! This is essentially the final step for me (for now. I want to setup iMessage and Facetime soon). Thanks guys and if anyone needs help pm me or post here cause this was a pain in the butt.

(Surface Pro 1) (SurfaceProAndroid)

After getting Yosemite PB1 running, I'm working on the last step to get Android running.

Android-x86 4.4-RC2

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2

is running fine, but I couldnt get a bootable stick neither with the linux dd method nor with unetbootin.

I had to use the windows based Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.5 : http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

The marvell bluetooth and wifi don't work but usb wifi should. Unfortunately my  TP-Link TL-WN725N which works fine under OSX seems not to be supported.

Does anybody know a nano USB Wifi adaptor that works under Android-X86 and OSX ?

(Surface Pro 1) (SurfaceProAndroid)

After getting Yosemite PB1 running, I'm working on the last step to get Android running.

Android-x86 4.4-RC2

http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-4-rc2

is running fine, but I couldnt get a bootable stick neither with the linux dd method nor with unetbootin.

I had to use the windows based Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.5.5 : http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

The marvell bluetooth and wifi don't work but usb wifi should. Unfortunately my  TP-Link TL-WN725N which works fine under OSX seems not to be supported.

Does anybody know a nano USB Wifi adaptor that works under Android-X86 and OSX ?

Ok.. after a lot of research (could not find a list of supported wifi chipsets) I got a Edimax EW-7811Un.

Works perfectly for OSX (had to tweak the Installer for 10.10 support though)

and

Android-x86 4.4-RC2 (out of the box)!

Does anyone have the latest version of UPDD with Yosemite 10.10 support, I saw that they fixed 2 finger gestures which is currently crashing my computer. I'm having issues contacting Dave from TouchBase and wanted to mess around with gestures this weekend. I can prove that I bought a license if anyone would be willing to PM me to help.

Yes, just edit the config.plist, making your windows drive as the "primary volume"

Does anyone know how to change the boot order for Clover? Is it possible to do this from config.plist? My Clover automatically boots into OSX after 5 seconds which I don't use primarily and it's really annoying sometimes. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I have a surface pro 1 updated to win 8.1 and I simply cannot get past the booting up of the osx installer. I have tried all sorts of different things but I keep getting this fatal error:

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequece ID=0xffff

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Davide

Hey guys,

I have a surface pro 1 updated to win 8.1 and I simply cannot get past the booting up of the osx installer. I have tried all sorts of different things but I keep getting this fatal error:

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8519, Winbond sequece ID=0xffff

Any ideas why?

Cheers

Davide

Could be a lot of causes I think - someone who knows more will likely give a more detailed answer but I had this problem at one point and I think I got past it by injecting the graphics as in the guide, putting in the address 0x1660009 and load video bios. The full detail is on the first page. 

HTH.

I put all the kexts in the s/l/e folder, there's no mention of kext in the clover folder. Or am I missing something? Also when I install clover it creates a partition on the USB disk but once I unplug it and plug it again I can't seem to be able to see/access that partition again. Am I missing something here too?

Cheers

Don't know that you MUST install kexts in clover folder, I have in the last couple installs I have done.

It's normal not to see the partition, clover loads it when it installs, the system alone doesn't see it without clover prompting it. Sorry that's a rubbish explanation but there is nothing wrong with not seeing it!

Download clover configurator, might be in the 0.4 pack already, can't remember. Once you load it, there is an option under the extras menu to mount efi - that will give you the system folder.

In that there is a folder called kexts, then within that another folder 10.9 put the kexts in there. Make sure you repair permissions on the usb afterward, personally I used kext wizard to put the files over as I had an issue at one point with kext drop. Whatever works for you.

SP2, 10.9.4, 

Used Pokenguy's guide to install 10.9.4 to my SP2 today and, for the most part, the installation went well.  I completed every step in the guide and was up and running.  I completed the last few steps where I installed Clover to the SSD but now am getting stuck with the "missing bluetooth controller" and can no longer boot into OS X.  I have tried safe mode with fake ID and everything else I could think of on this forum.  The only thing that may have thrown it off is that I used the dsdt.aml & ssdt.aml files from macspike's file pack.  Again, it seemed like everything worked fine until I installed Clover to my SSD and finished the final couple of steps.

Thoughts?