Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

There are raid efi drivers floating around but I've never had much luck with them. Problem is Intel raid drive shows up at boot as individual drives in OS X with that annoying ignore, initialize, eject notice. If Oz could hide the drives that be awesome.

Got a question about the ozmosis defaults ffs file. Is it safe to transfer my working defaults ffs file from my last rom file into the new rom file?

That is after I run OZMtool and use the update switch to transfer all the new Ozmosis modules into my last working bios rom file.

Interesting that I checked out the stock ozmosisdefaults file in a hex editor and its all goblygook and my defaults file is 90% plist text formatted.

Does that make sense? Maybe I extracted the oz defaults compressed..

Thanks

No problem. Transfer your old "OzmosisDefaults.ffs" in your new BIOS.

But it's easier to save a "Defaults.plist" in your EFI partition in EFI/Oz/.

Edit:

Interesting that I checked out the stock ozmosisdefaults file in a hex editor and its all goblygook and my defaults file is 90% plist text formatted.

With "UEFITool" extract the "raw section" with right click "extract body …" und rename the sufix "raw" into "plist". :)

No problem. Transfer your old "OzmosisDefaults.ffs" in your new BIOS.

But it's easier to save a "Defaults.plist" in your EFI partition in EFI/Oz/.

Edit:

With "UEFITool" extract the "raw section" with right click "extract body …" und rename the sufix "raw" into "plist". :)

I used OZMtool (ver .3) to extract the files though I use MMTool to modify individual files. Thanks for the advice though. Thank you.

@ Ozmosis Developers

Thanks again for sharing 1669M with the community! Everything is working great now that bs0d figured out my Defaults.plist phrasing issue. The correct formatting helps. ;-)

@ Ozmosis Users

Here are my custom-built Ozmosis 1669M firmware images for the AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M and Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi with the follow FFS packages:

EnhancedFAT.ffs

HermitShellX64.ffs

HFSPlus.ffs

Ozmosis.ffs

OzmosisTheme.ffs

PartitionDXE.ffs

You will still need to provide your own /EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist and extensions such as /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common/FakeSMC.kext for a working OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 system.

* AsRock firmware patched with PM support.

* Gigabyte firmware has native PM support.

* DSDT patches for these systems are available https://github.com/Mrengles

The firmware images have only been tested on my personal motherboards. Be safe and enjoy!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

Oz1669M-AsRockZ77ProM-20.zip

Oz1669M-GigabyteZ77NWiFi-F3.zip

Hi, what are the minimal necessary files to update my working 1479 bios to 1669 for 10.11 compatibility?

I just updated ozmosis, smcemulator and sensors.

edit: Actually, saved my current bios in a usb, opened, replaced ^^those^^ saved and reflashed.

• Like 1

Ozmosis-1669m and "Time Machine“

As reported here, I have serious problems after updating to oz1669m.
The hack stops booting at the boot-splash, no bios access - nothing.
After serval tries, bios recovery's, clover stick booting and so on… I decide to do a last test before downgrading to oz1479.

Start with flashing my custom oz1669m again and … again the hack dosen’t boot.
But this time I powered down the hack and unplugged all drives.
Power on … BIOS access!
Power down again an plug-in the OS X ssd.
Power on … BOOT!
Power down again an plug-in the second (Linux) ssd.
Power on … BOOT (OS X  and Ubuntu)
Power down again an plug-in my data and time-machine hdd.
Power on … stuck at boot splash :(
I tested this scenario serval times to verify.
Then I connect the hdd via usb and formatted the EFI and the "Time Machine" partition.
Power down and reconnect hdd to s-ata.
Power on … BOOT!
Start TM to do a OS X system backup.

Reboot and stuck at boot splash :(

P.S.
I connected the hdd to usb3 again to verify what's happened.
If there is a TM backup at the "Time Machine" partition, the hack won't boot up!

i just setup a time machine disk here and no probs with stalling. have booted 5 times

bless --info /Volumes/Time\ Machine/
finderinfo[0]:      2 => Blessed System Folder is /Volumes/Time Machine/
finderinfo[1]:  35340 => Blessed System File is /Volumes/Time Machine/tmbootpicker.efi
finderinfo[2]:      0 => Open-folder linked list empty
finderinfo[3]:      0 => No alternate OS blessed file/folder
finderinfo[4]:      0 => Unused field unset
finderinfo[5]:      0 => No OS 9 + X blessed X folder
64-bit VSDB volume id:  0x61B9BABD089B9C36

I tested again and here this is repeatable.

My bless output looks like yours

bless --info /Volumes/Time\ Machine/
finderinfo[0]:      2 => Blessed System Folder is /Volumes/Time Machine/
finderinfo[1]: 1031610 => Blessed System File is /Volumes/Time Machine/tmbootpicker.efi
finderinfo[2]:      0 => Open-folder linked list empty
finderinfo[3]:      0 => No alternate OS blessed file/folder
finderinfo[4]:      0 => Unused field unset
finderinfo[5]:      0 => No OS 9 + X blessed X folder
64-bit VSDB volume id:  0x4CE8A37E26C167D6
Thanks for testing!

There are raid efi drivers floating around but I've never had much luck with them. Problem is Intel raid drive shows up at boot as individual drives in OS X with that annoying ignore, initialize, eject notice. If Oz could hide the drives that be awesome.

Its not the EFI drivers they're functional ... its the Darwin kernel that has no drivers to access the Intel RAID array. 

I have two 3TB hard disks is raid 0 with out any issues as time machine drive. If you want me to test anything specific I'm willing to do so.

@Mrengles 

in your rom (from Post: #3233) is the DSDT patched, or must put the patched dsdt in the EFI folder?

You must patch your own DSDT a link to my github repo with patches is in that very post.

At first I was not believing UglyJoe but same here ..if I connect the drive containing my Time Machine backup I am unable to access BIOS, boot override or boot.

I don't understand it but there must be something there. drive is unplugged right now and i am able to boot and access BIOS functions