Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

If is hard for you to setup a variable using various  ways like shell, Defaults.plist or within OS terminal, then use clover, Ozmosis is not yet 100% n00b proof...

King,

Its not hard at all. I live for the challenge. Just a little rusty. At least I have figured out its a video problem. Just asking for a hint and I'll do the rest..

Thanks.

King,

Its not hard at all. I live for the challenge. Just a little rusty. At least I have figured out its a video problem. Just asking for a hint and I'll do the rest..

Thanks.

Not one hint but 3:

#This will disable nVidia full injection
   From OS terminal:
  sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableNvidiaInjection=%01
  From HermitShell:

setvar -guid 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101 DisableNvidiaInjection ="01"
   Using Defaults.plist:
  <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
  <dict>
    <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
    <true/>
  </dict>

I doubt the bug comes from your GTX 770, I have very same card and works just fine, and I know other with same card with no problem, but anyway disable injection and see if works,

Your low resolution problem wont go if you do not use HermitCsmVideo for legacy video from AOS BIOS or if you setup your graphics card to use UEFI GOP.

In general if you do not setup your BIOS correct with all Ozmosis required files will lead you to nothing but "bugs".

• Like 1

Thanks King . I already disabled the nvidia injection yesterday and was able to get in to the desktop but without graphic acceleration. I also thought I had updated csmvideo a while back from the previous oz version. I'll go ahead and delete with mmtool the old cmsvideo and insert the hermit crabs one for that matter. Good to know the 770 is compatible. I'll figure it out. Trial and error. Maybe my defaults.plist contains an error . Thanks

Not one hint but 3:

#This will disable nVidia full injection
   From OS terminal:

I doubt the bug comes from your GTX 770, I have very same card and works just fine, and I know other with same card with no problem, but anyway disable injection and see if works,

Your low resolution problem wont go if you do not use HermitCsmVideo for legacy video from AOS BIOS or if you setup your graphics card to use UEFI GOP.

In general if you do not setup your BIOS correct with all Ozmosis required files will lead you to nothing but "bugs".

Hi!

I was able to figure out why I was losing sync right after DSMOS is loaded and the screen goes black. It was because Ozmosis was initializing the top dvi port on my video card and not the bottom dvi port I was using. Once I switched to the other port was able to login to OSX with full acceleration of video. Also thanks King for the tip on upgrading the CMSVideo to the Hermit one. Now bios is in full 1080p resolution like it should be. Thanks.

Hi!

I was able to figure out why I was losing sync right after DSMOS is loaded and the screen goes black. It was because Ozmosis was initializing the top dvi port on my video card and not the bottom dvi port I was using. Once I switched to the other port was able to login to OSX with full acceleration of video. Also thanks King for the tip on upgrading the CMSVideo to the Hermit one. Now bios is in full 1080p resolution like it should be. Thanks.

Yes, 99.9% the closest DVI port to GFX PCIE Slot is Port 0, one big thing that the driver does not do yet is to figure out which port is the boot display, so for now, until full driver is implemented, "we assume" is port 0, this is a known "bug"...

Hi,

try this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5k8hm2a9rggg6o/IntelMausiEthernet.ffs.zip?dl=0

It works for me without IONetworkingFamily.

Fred

Thank You Fred, with this kext into bios i can restore time machine backup instead ofg installing a fresh copy 

Is there an option to disable HDEF/HDA injection?

something similar to DisableNvidaInjection/DisableIntelInjection?

Thanks

VooDooHdaDisableinjection

True 

Hi,

Having trouble with my DSDT that worked before on Oz 1479 and Yosemite. I now get KP if I use it on 1669 and Capitan. No problem if I don't use it.  I think my USB 3.0 edits are to blame. Any help be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_1117.jpg

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi,

Having trouble with my DSDT that worked before on Oz 1479 and Yosemite. I now get KP if I use it on 1669 and Capitan. No problem if I don't use it.  I think my USB 3.0 edits are to blame. Any help be appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_1117.jpg

I have some errors compiling DSDT 

post-840738-0-57164400-1449782250_thumb.png

What about Ozmosis in some laptop bios? someone over there know something about? 
I bought several soic 8 smd socket,  can try on HP 6560b after desolder bios chip and solder socket so i can do many tests

What about Ozmosis in some laptop bios? someone over there know something about? 

I bought several soic 8 smd socket,  can try on HP 6560b after desolder bios chip and solder socket so i can do many tests

I test ozmosis 1479 on Lenovo V580 and it just not work.

I test ozmosis 1479 on Lenovo V580 and it just not work.

In wihich way have you edited bios? 

I'm tring to setup on HP6460b but i have to read chip out of mainboard, with clip i can't 

It works on my asus x200la

Hi Friends, a question, it's normal that my onboard graphics card intel 4400 (intel i3-3140) it doesn't recognize even if i add correct AAP into OzmosisDefaults? 
When start with Elcapitan USB stick, i can view intel hd4400 with 7 mb of graphics memory, and no kext loaded, it's ok? 

Or i have to edit DSDT os something else? 
Thank you 

Hi Friends, a question, it's normal that my onboard graphics card intel 4400 (intel i3-3140) it doesn't recognize even if i add correct AAP into OzmosisDefaults? 

When start with Elcapitan USB stick, i can view intel hd4400 with 7 mb of graphics memory, and no kext loaded, it's ok? 

Or i have to edit DSDT os something else? 

Thank you 

HD 4400 isn't natively supported, and AFAIK the Intel drivers check the device ID in PCI Config space, so you need to use FakePCIID.