Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

It is not complicated, i did it on Ivy Bridge NUC. First i read the rom with a clips and spi programmer, than I injected my DSDT and Ozmosis with OZMtool inside the rom. Than i flashed it back with SPI programmer + clips.

Do you want my rom file to see what is inside? It is for the i3 NUC

Only problem is that sometimes it does not power off correctly and the sleep works not always. Once a while (once in a month or two) i have to reset the nv-ram by pulling out the battery because it will not boot at all - not even video output. Otherwise it is great! 

Thank you fro info, you have to buy a pomona clips, it's' not cheap but works very well, i found a company who sell soic 8 socket, so you can solder on PCB and do all the try 

Delete all themes (HDD/ROM) and enter the OS selection. Do you see a cursor (you are not supposed to see more than that)? If so, grab the QUO ROM again, find the theme, make sure you extract the body of the raw section and nothing else, and place it as \EFI\EFI\Oz\Theme.bin.

Now worked!

I was very stupid, I was extracting the GUID AC255206-DCF9-...-... Now that I saw that had a Raw Section INSIDE the GUID, after extracting only this section, worked perfect!
(sorry I still have some problems with english).

Thank you Download-Fritz and FredWst.

You can, but have to run from Recovery or another booted System....  on the Mainboard.. you cant setup the CSR if you do that from the actual running system...

in my case, i booted from my setup-drive (with Yosemite) set CSR and reboot to El Capitan

Thanks got it working :)

Like this?

attachicon.gifhorizontal_theme_mockup_1.jpg

Hope author wont mind posting it :P

hi King,sorry for my bad english,

Where can i download the last version of the ozmosis?

Does Ozmosis has any web site? So i can watch on it?

Becase i love it,if can open the source code,i belive the ozmosis will be powerfull than any bootload,

oh ,i guess ozmosis is not bootloader,it's an uefi dxe,base on filesystem source code,am i right?

thank you king ,thank you!

hi King,sorry for my bad english,

Becase i love it,if can open the source code,i belive the ozmosis will be powerfull than any bootload,

oh ,i guess ozmosis is not bootloader,it's an uefi dxe,base on filesystem source code,am i right?

Here you go:

https://applelife.ru/threads/ozmosis.476174/page-22#post-561121

Hi,

try this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f5k8hm2a9rggg6o/IntelMausiEthernet.ffs.zip?dl=0

It works for me without IONetworkingFamily.

Fred

Thank You, when i will be at home i will try and report.

Hi, i don't know if it's in topic, but i have a strange issue with last ozmosis and el-capitan.

With mavericks was enough edit dsdt to put definition for AR9285 wifi mini pci card an all works without any kext, with elcapitan i had to add a kext, it's' normal? 

There is no 'official' standalone download for Ozmosis, the only way to get it first-hand is from the QUO firmware update.

And no, there is no website yet as Ozmosis has not yet been released.

And yes, it is a Platform Driver, you can see that looking at the file type in UEFITool/MMTool. ;)

Thank You, when i will be at home i will try and report.

Hi, i don't know if it's in topic, but i have a strange issue with last ozmosis and el-capitan.

With mavericks was enough edit dsdt to put definition for AR9285 wifi mini pci card an all works without any kext, with elcapitan i had to add a kext, it's' normal? 

Yes. I have this card and work perfect with DSDT patch.

Hi guys,

I update my bios to the latest Oz version keeping the same defaults.plist into ozmosisdefaults in bios. Anyhow after flashing I installed Capitan using a Clover USB installer stick I had made previously. Upon rebooting without the stick DSMOS gets loaded and after all the verbose boot details the screen flashes like it usually does before the apple login page appears however in this case the monitor doesn't sync and go on. Just a black screen. If I use clover again I can load into the install just fine. Not sure why Oz isnt initializing the video. I have a GTX 770. Also its really hard to get into the F12 boot menu and my bios setup page is low rez. 

Ideas?

Thanks!

ok, so when I update my OZ to 1669M a oddball thing happens. I lose the ability to boot from windows and Clover( my backup boot loader ) should OZ take a Dive.  what settings am I missing?  all the other settings seem Great and stable on my system in my Sig.

HBP

• Like 1

Nvidia injection is on "transition" to full driver implementation, it may have some failure since it was tested on a limited boards, anyway injection is not required to get minimal stuff working on OSX it was left on especial to get feedback for what boards are working/not.

So you can disable the injection using the DisableNvidiaInjection  variable, yes eventually, someone will write an updated changelog/readme...

You can also use the new HermitShell SETVAR to add boot-args and complete disable nvidia if required...

Yes

I'm having to disable nvidia injection as well. Is there no work around short of using Clover for now?

Thanks

I'm having to disable nvidia injection as well. Is there no work around short of using Clover for now?

Thanks

If is hard for you to setup a variable using various  ways like shell, Defaults.plist or within OS terminal, then use clover, Ozmosis is not yet 100% n00b proof...