Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Works for me...

To load OS X 10.11, you know that you have to put FakeSMC.kext into /Library/Extensions and manually load it on the first boot ..... right ?

I have installed OS X 10.11 GM already using clover and have previously placed FakeSMC.kext into /Library/Extensions/ along with the other required kexts for my system. They work with clover... What do you mean manually load it on the first boot. I'm still getting stuck at a black pre-boot screen right after I select my boot drive "Macintosh HD" in UEFI or the Oz boot selector.

Works for mee... Do you mean ITunes HD video with DRM or El Capitan?

Thanks,

Robert

its HDCP not DRM and i too have no problems. seems clover people have issues and it works on oz for some unknown reason.

I've got OZ and iTunes video has never worked. Like you say it's something to do with HDCP. If your graphics card or monitor aren't HDCP compliant you're boned. I think even the cable has to be HDCP compliant.

I've tested it before. in clover i can not view trailers and previews in itunes and it all works in oz. a while back we had a bunch of people trying it out in the chat here. the topic was also raised in the clover thread.

I don't know why its not working for you but i have seen a lot of people saying it works for them.. 

I've tested it before. in clover i can not view trailers and previews in itunes and it all works in oz. a while back we had a bunch of people trying it out in the chat here. the topic was also raised in the clover thread.

I don't know why its not working for you but i have seen a lot of people saying it works for them..

I'd love to be wrong and be able to get it working. I gave up on it months ago. I just figured it was a HDCP thing with my monitors or graphics card or something. Maybe I'll revisit it once I get El Cap booting properly.

I have installed OS X 10.11 GM already using clover and have previously placed FakeSMC.kext into /Library/Extensions/ along with the other required kexts for my system. They work with clover... What do you mean manually load it on the first boot. I'm still getting stuck at a black pre-boot screen right after I select my boot drive "Macintosh HD" in UEFI or the Oz boot selector.

Works for mee... Do you mean ITunes HD video with DRM or El Capitan?

Thanks,

Robert

if what I am reading is correct you are getting this from SIP not loading the kexts, you need to add the csr-active-config key into your nvram, you have all the right kexts in place but the new SIP is bouncing them as not allowed.  you can search around here for the right nvram location to drop that key, but I believe you want ether 65 or 67 to make it valid(might be Hex so need to be =%67 etc)

HBP

edited to clarify what I read.

if what I am reading is correct you are getting this from SIP not loading the kexts, you need to add the csr-active-config key into your nvram, you have all the right kexts in place but the new SIP is bouncing them as not allowed.  you can search around here for the right nvram location to drop that key, but I believe you want ether 65 or 67 to make it valid(might be Hex so need to be =%67 etc)

HBP

edited to clarify what I read.

Thanks, I have the car-active-config key set in my Oz Defaults both on my EFI partition and injected into my rom. I've also used added the csr key directly to nvram from OS X, but maybe like to say it needs to be added as hex?

Can I add this csr key from UEFI shell?

Thanks again!

Everything boot-wise seems to be working ATM (still unable to play iTunes Videos but thats another issue all together not Oz). I'm now running OS X El Capitan 10.11 (15A282b) with Ozmosis 1479. The NVRAM setting specifically car-active-config was not the issue. My problem was caused by trying to inject FakeSMC.ffs and other Extensions into my ROM.

I'm only using (injected) the following into my PM Patched Asrock Z77 Professional-M 2.00 UEFI:

EnhancedFAT.ffs

HFSPlus.ffs
Ozmosis.ffs
OzmosisDefaults.ffs

All required Kexts are installed into /L/E and my DSDT, SSDT, Theme.bin and Defaults.plist are located at /EFI/Oz/...

Thanks everyone for your help!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

PS. If you use my Defaults.plist make sure to change your BaseBoardSerial, HardwareAddress, HardwareSignature, and SystemSerial.

Ozmosis-1479-AsrockZ77ProM-200.zip

Defaults.zip

Theme.zip

• Like 1

Then it may be like I found, that as Oz has matured, it has Expanded from being an injectable Rom and become a (Driver file) for your EFI partition. I had to revert again ;( back to 894M to get stability and am currently using it to bootstrap clover due to a DSDT issue (16xx Oz overwrote allot) and I was tired and careless when I installed initially so I wasn't paying attention.  

still trying to hunt down a clean DSDT for my board (the Z87X-ud5 th) that compiles so that I can go back to normal.

HBP

Then it may be like I found, that as Oz has matured, it has Expanded from being an injectable Rom and become a (Driver file) for your EFI partition. I had to revert again ;( back to 894M to get stability and am currently using it to bootstrap clover due to a DSDT issue (16xx Oz overwrote allot) and I was tired and careless when I installed initially so I wasn't paying attention.

still trying to hunt down a clean DSDT for my board (the Z87X-ud5 th) that compiles so that I can go back to normal.

HBP

I have the non-th Z87x ud5h model and have a dsdt you can try.

Do I need to worry about this message in my Console.app

kernel[0]: FakeSMCKeyStore: [Error] failed to get OEM info from Chameleon/Chimera or Clover EFI, platform profiles will be unavailable

Do I need to add the OEM info into NVRAM, or will Ozmosis handle this?

Thanks,

Robert

I found a way to recover a clean DSDT, and am back up and running, my initial issue was being so tired that when I tried to load the current Oz I tried to load it with 894m. instead of a fresh bios, or one that just had ShellX64.efi injected.. making it so that I screwed the entire computer (thank you gigabyte for 2 bios chips) but recovering from that mess was very grueling.

HBP

note to self and others, when starting a (lets update something that may KILL your machine), have a clear head not 96 hours no sleep and a I'll just get this done before a quick nap attitude...

Edited for my gross lack of spell checking prior to hitting the post button lol

Edited by HBP112358

on a side note, can you just inject the Hermit Shell into a bios and the defaults and then boot everything else from the EFI partition? that would make it so things would run smoothly for those boards that support UEFI, but do not have a built in shell...

HBP

Does anyone know what values must to be added to the Defaults.plist to prevent OS X Guest User login from automatically being enabled after a Option+Command+P+R NVRAM reset? This is also the default behavior on my MacBook Pro after an NVRAM. 

I'd also like to keep Find My Mac active after an NVRAM reset, but I think Apple changes this value automatically from time-to-time and thing having a static entire might mess iCloud up in the future.

Edit with more info:

I've compared my NVRAM with DarwinDumper before and after an NVRAM reset, but can't tell which value makes the change.

Edited by Mrengles

on a side note, can you just inject the Hermit Shell into a bios and the defaults and then boot everything else from the EFI partition? that would make it so things would run smoothly for those boards that support UEFI, but do not have a built in shell...

HBP

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ama4dflost2f92z/HermitShell.efi

Shell can be renamed to BOOTX64.efi and placed at /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi to show as a boot option to boot to shell. 

Everyone should at least have the file system drivers added in firmware and then pick and choose any others they would want included.

• Like 3

Another option which I use is to rename hermitshell to Shellx64.efi and place at the root of my EFI System Partition. I can load it from the ‘Launch EFI shell’ option in my BIOS.

j82w6h.jpg

Note. Different boards may want a file with a different name.