Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Is that a brain fart or a stupid question?

Do you really want me to answer on such brain fart/stupid question?\]

well it's taking so long most users switched 5 clovers ago so is it really coming or is this just hyper with no follow up? like always

You can also install it without Clover, but it seems that most people install it with Clover and after everything is set up, they switch to Oz again.

I've tried to install it with Clover, but nothing happens. It's boots, and stays on first white screen more then 30 min. Everything white, the cursor is like "busy carousel mac icon" and nothing. Is there some special hacks how to update on 10.11? 

Tried through USB with Clover and 10.11.

Tried to boot from 10.11 that in system. 

Nothing. 

You can also install it without Clover, but it seems that most people install it with Clover and after everything is set up, they switch to Oz again.

I created my installer without any additional boot-loaders like this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel

but with an additional step

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=2178830

Hi All.

I can not get into Recovery HD, It feels that it is not loaded fakesmc.kext.

But OS El Capitan(Oz 1479) loaded is ok. Fakesmc.kext in /S/E.

diskutil mount "Recovery HD"
cp /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/prelinkedkernel
Have Fun!
  • Like 3

I created my installer without any additional boot-loaders like this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel

but with an additional step

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=2178830

diskutil mount "Recovery HD"
cp /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/prelinkedkernel
Have Fun!

Well, i made USB stick as you posted, but still, have the same result. After i boot into this USB, i get bright grey screen. 

http://imgur.com/a/9C1Zx

And i waited about 30 minutes, but nothing happening. What im doing wrong, can someone guide me?

THe last thing, im using USB 3 stick, but connect throu USB 2 . Maybe problem is in stick? But i installed 10.10 from it. 

well it's taking so long most users switched 5 clovers ago so is it really coming or is this just hyper with no follow up? like always

When was ever an Ozmosis release hyped which did not actually happen? This statement, that a release is coming, is the very first 'official' one since the release of 1479, everything else was speculation, gossip etc.

• Like 3

Well, i made USB stick as you posted, but still, have the same result. After i boot into this USB, i get bright grey screen. 

http://imgur.com/a/9C1Zx

And i waited about 30 minutes, but nothing happening. What im doing wrong, can someone guide me?

THe last thing, im using USB 3 stick, but connect throu USB 2 . Maybe problem is in stick? But i installed 10.10 from it.

You can't even start the OS X Installer?

Which version of FakeSMC do you use? My is 6.18.1394

Which other kext do you copy to USB/L/E ?

Check size of prelinkedkernel - my is about 19 MB.

Try with another pen drive.

• Like 1

You can't even start the OS X Installer?

Which version of FakeSMC do you use? My is 6.18.1394

Which other kext do you copy to USB/L/E ?

Check size of prelinkedkernel - my is about 19 MB.

Try with another pen drive.

I thought about flash drive, but problem was, that i've tried install 10.11 from usb 2.0 drive with clover on it, and it had same stuck. After ur post, i've tried again.

Magic is, that i prepared flash drive by instructions 3 times in a row (second time i recorded it, and third time was doing it by record, just for lulz to try, why not?).

And the third time i managed to install 10.11, from usb 2 flash. 

Srsly, there is some kind of magic. Im not dev level user, or something near, but after all this things i finally installed 10.11.

Tnx for manual and guidance. 

Hi.

I have same problem with my USB.

Tracked @uglyJoe instructions step by step to point 9 (not installed bootloader because i have Oz in BIOS) without no success.

Start booting but stucked as attached picture:eNq3p9q.jpg

Any HELP?

Hi.

Tracked @uglyJoe instructions step by step to point 9 (not installed bootloader because i have Oz in BIOS) without no success.

Any HELP?

are you trying to install? if so install with clover first than boot with clover setup everything place fakesmc.kext and your net kext in library/extensions reboot and boot with clover in -s mode and type this

/sbin/mount -uv /

cd library/extensions

chmod -Rf 755 fakesmc.kext than repeat for any other kexts you need

chown -Rf root:wheel fakesmc.kext and again repeat for any other kexts

kextload -v fakesmc.kext and repeat once more for all your kexts you need 

and than you can boot with oz 

Trying to install wthout Clover/Chameleon.

UglyJoe said i haven´t need any loader if have Oz in BIOS (before and after).

I think i have found error. Give a try and will report.

If no success ill try Your suggestions.

tnx

I think i fckd up some kexts, but no. All seems to be good.

I´ll try Your advice @WarDoctorWho...

Trying to install wthout Clover/Chameleon.

UglyJoe said i haven´t need any loader if have Oz in BIOS (before and after).

I think i have found error. Give a try and will report.

If no success ill try Your suggestions.

tnx

I think i fckd up some kexts, but no. All seems to be good.

I´ll try Your advice @WarDoctorWho...

with 10.10.5 ya you can with oz but 10.11 not yet 

Hi.

Any HELP?

If you have FakeSMC or any other extensions injected into your bios remove them.

Hi.

Start booting but stucked as attached picture:...

Any HELP?

There is nothing about FakeSMC in your log, so I think is not injected...

Ok.

That's mean i don't inserted properly on USB /Library/Extensions or what else?

FakeSMC.kext is only and one mandatory kesx needed.

I put them (and Relatek lan) on USB L/E folder and do it permissions ownersjip... Somethng wrong?

Need more explanation after step 8.

When to put FakeSMC.kext on my RecoveryHD partition on HDD?

tnx

If you have FakeSMC or any other extensions injected into your bios remove them.

This is not necessary.

Ok.

That's mean i don't inserted properly on USB /Library/Extensions or what else?

FakeSMC.kext is only and one mandatory kesx needed.

I put them (and Relatek lan) on USB L/E folder and do it permissions ownersjip... Somethng wrong?

Need more explanation after step 8.

When to put FakeSMC.kext on my RecoveryHD partition on HDD?

tnx

If you don't reach the OS X Installer, there is something wrong till step 8.

Yosemite runs with kext-dev-mode=1?

Did you deselect  “Ignore ownership on this volume” ?

Check if /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is present.

Check if /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Kernels/kernel is present.

Remove /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

and repeat step 8.

For everything after step 8 read this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=2178830 and this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308034-how-to-create-an-el-capitan-installer-which-doesnt-need-bootloader-kext-injection-fakesmc-in-pre-linked-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=2179858

No need to copy any kext to the Recovery HD, only the prelinkedkernel.

Do you try put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/OZ or QUO/Darwin/Extensions/common folder. Try and post pic.

Ozmosis can't inject the kext thus far, so why he should do this?