Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

There is no locked/unlocked NVRAM, the issue was that boot.efi moves memory when it shouldn't per-specification. If you want your issue fixed, you need to hope someone with enough skill gets his hands on such a board to do some debugging, it's not something a normal user could be told to try, sadly. :(

Does the x99 still use Aptio IV or is it Aptio V, by the way?

There is no locked/unlocked NVRAM, the issue was that boot.efi moves memory when it shouldn't per-specification. If you want your issue fixed, you need to hope someone with enough skill gets his hands on such a board to do some debugging, it's not something a normal user could be told to try, sadly. :(

Does the x99 still use Aptio IV or is it Aptio V, by the way?

How do I tell which version of Aptio? I can open it and appears normal in MMTools v4.5. Does that indicate Aptio IV?

What I meant about NVRAM is that my earlier motherboard (P9X79 Pro) could in some of the older BIOS versions have writable NVRAM from within the OS.

This X99 does not have any BIOS versions that have writable NVRAM from within the OS.

The scattered injection of option ROMs and whatnot at boot is a different matter, isn't it?

Note. Different boards may want a file with a different name.

Intel says Shellx64.efi is "supposed" to be a default file name for a bootable shell in ESP but it doesn't work on my board.

There is no locked/unlocked NVRAM, the issue was that boot.efi moves memory when it shouldn't per-specification 

locked/unlocked is just a term thats been used instead of unwritable/writable ..

boot.efi doesn't have to follow any specification because its proprietary and works the way Apple has it intended.. 

odd thing is happening... what files it triggered in boot mode 0,1,2 on startup? I am having my ROM setting in NVRAM overwritten on startup but every other setting is persistent. any help would be very welcome.

HBP

PS, I can change settings and have them be persistent between boot's except the ROM that matches MLB value.

Edited by HBP112358

Hey Everyone

Since OS X El Capitan's released date is just around the corner, I though having a little cheat sheet with the csr-active-config (System Integrity Protection) values might be helpful.

Attached you'll find my PDF with all of the currently available values from the research done by Blackosx (and others).

post-1055078-0-08271800-1443463045_thumb.png

Thanks everyone who has tested Apple's new security feature with Hackintosh hardware and providing feedback!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

Edit: If Apple updates or changes these values for any reason, I'll do my best to keep everything up-to-date!

csr-active-config.pdf

Edited by Mrengles
  • Like 5

1479 worked on my X79 when I tried it. I think there was an issue with RAM being incorrectly displayed in System Profiler, but that's just cosmetic. I'm sure that's fixed in the next release which should be out soon.

Many thanks Riley, my Friend ask me to arrange one hackintosh with one Xeon E5 1620 12 Gbyte ram and one radeon D300, i would like to use ozmosis instead of regular bootloader 

Hi Friends, i have some lacks of knoweldge about OzmosisDefault.plist, i have one PC with integrated HD4000 Graphics Card, i know that i have to edit OzmosisDefaults to enable card, but i dont know the meaning of AAPL-ID and SNB, could someone clarify these settings? 

it needs the correct platform-id. SNB is sandy bridge.

Thanks Joe75 and where or how i can know the correct platform-id ?

As far you know do i need to edit DSDT to have graphic card working like charm? 

it "should" be auto detected and set correctly by oz. i don't know any of the ids off hand but there is a 4000 topic here for chameleon that has them all listed. i don't think you need any dsdt edits for it but i don't use intel graphics to know for sure.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291614-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Hello Aigors

Please find my quoted post below. My attached OzmosisDefaults.plist is already setup with the appropriate AAPL,ig-platform-id and AAPL,snb_platform_id converted to an integer. I know this isn't much of a teaching moment, but it should help you get up and running. Make sure to change (enable/disable) the graphics injectors if needed for your system.

You must also remember to change the BaseBoardSerial, HardwareAddress, HardwareSignature, and SystemSerial to your current values or something else uniquely actuate.

Hi Friends, i have some lacks of knoweldge about OzmosisDefault.plist, i have one PC with integrated HD4000 Graphics Card, i know that i have to edit OzmosisDefaults to enable card, but i dont know the meaning of AAPL-ID and SNB, could someone clarify these settings? 

Everything boot-wise seems to be working ATM (still unable to play iTunes Videos but thats another issue all together not Oz). I'm now running OS X El Capitan 10.11 (15A282b) with Ozmosis 1479. The NVRAM setting specifically car-active-config was not the issue. My problem was caused by trying to inject FakeSMC.ffs and other Extensions into my ROM.

I'm only using (injected) the following into my PM Patched Asrock Z77 Professional-M 2.00 UEFI:

EnhancedFAT.ffs

HFSPlus.ffs
Ozmosis.ffs
OzmosisDefaults.ffs

All required Kexts are installed into /L/E and my DSDT, SSDT, Theme.bin and Defaults.plist are located at /EFI/Oz/...

Thanks everyone for your help!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

PS. If you use my Defaults.plist make sure to change your BaseBoardSerial, HardwareAddress, HardwareSignature, and SystemSerial.

Good luck!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

Edited by Mrengles