Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

How to load kext in USB. Maybe a must load kext with command chmod and chown and kextload -v?

If you create a Installer using BaseSystem method, you'll be able to mount any partition of an external

or internal drive, as you'll have R/W filesystem, but, if you are using this method, why not place needed

kexts at /S/L/E or /L/E?

It's not my idea, it's meklort and I told you that quite a few times lol.

yup, but It is Great concept, 

Idea is like a fart, come and goes...

The hard part is to make it happen and universal.

Ideas come and goes from one to another (Telepathy), but a fart kills everyone when come and goes..

Ozmosis in ipmh61r1 possible? if possible how is it made this change?

sorry for my bad english.  :)

Maybe yes, i can open bios with uefitool, read thread and try by yourself, you can use ozmtools to make job for you 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! I've got a fully functional great-performing rig on clover right now. I found out about ozmosis only after I finished everything. I've got everything working afaik and have no issues. Would I gain much from starting over with ozmosis on my system? Or could I try it perhaps leaving everything else the way it is? I know about the faster boot-speed (potentially, some users said like 1 second better which is ridiculous) and I know about the possibility to select start up volume but I could already boot any volume through clover, right? Saw something about minor features adde like kernel panic logs too, but is this all there's too it? I know I could potentially make a more vanilla and less-kext dependent system with ozmosis but really, what's there to gain from doing this apart from slightly easier updates? Last update I did was a darn breeze anyway.

What are you thinking that tried this? I also think the way of setting up osmosis seems complicated compared to clovers easy config utility and EFI folder. Is it really worth it, apart from "having done it", are there real benefits?

@The King

Maybe Ozmosis isn't simple as others boot loaders, but as part of the community maybe we should answer with something more than:

OZ is clear not for you!

Go with clover you wont miss anything.

Cause tigersoul just asked some simple questions and maybe, others users would like to hear answers too...

:2cents: 

• Like 1

The issue is not that Ozmosis is hard to understand or setup, but rather that it's barely documented and not even oficially release yet.

Remember people started ripping it out of the Quo ROMs, there was no release till today. And in the current undocumented state, I would only suggest it to 'power users' with UEFI knowledge and knowledge about what Ozmosis even is. If you want to say it's a boot loader - nope, it's not. It's a Platform Driver and who knows what that is in comparison to an UEFI application also knows where the main advantage of Oz is. ;)

• Like 5

For H61 chipset, I think no work on this chipset!!!

It wont ever work on H61?

Dell Inspiron MT 620 (Desktop) 

Latest BIOS, file may be AHCI patched. (Dell purposely disables AHCI, only IDE Enhanced or RAID (no raid chip apparently).

Some ozmosis related FFS files import, some don't saying "Invalid FFS File" anyways for years I edited this bios to enable AHCI modes (lots of other options too) but never knew it was UEFI till recently. 

There is no "UEFI" booting options, etc (Clover requires MBR install) that I can tell (Not sure how Dell is disabling UEFI booting of sorts and if I could someone without huge risk expose more UEFI related booting... otherwise Ozmosis looks like my next option (If I get another mainboard I will be down to flash one, bios appears soldered on. If you guys don't think great idea to try and flash Ozmosis to this dell AMI Aptio IV mainboard let me know, I'll instead focus on an already functioning board to learn UEFI/Ozmosis on, then maybe some day test flash this Dell more.

Just posting here out of curiosity, Dell knows this system is OS X capable and if bios patched with Ozmosis it could work nearly OOB (Minus Audio (VoodooHDA with some pops)  and ethernet requires lnx2mac that I know of)  

Documents\BIOS Related\ozmosis\Ozmosis\OZMTool_v0.3_win>OZMTool  --ozmcreate -a 3 -cr -ck -f extracted  -o wow.BIN -i DellMS-A10.BIN
OZMTool - v0.3
Warning: No KEXT-dir given! Injecting only Ozmosis files!
Warning: No DSDT file given! Will leave DSDT as-is!
Warning: Invalid aggressivity level set!
Warning: Resetting aggressivity level to 'None' !
Info: Compressing CORE_DXE is selected!
Info: Compressing Kexts is selected!
Injecting FFS into BIOS...
Compressing CORE_DXE to save space...
Info: File seems already compressed!
* File was injected compressed successfully!
Deleting non required Filesystem FFS...
* Removed 'FileSystem' [93022F8C-1F09-47EF-BBB2-5814FF609DF5] succesfully!
Reconstructing final image...
* Image built successfully!
Warning: File already exists! Overwriting it...
Bios successfully saved to 'wow.BIN'

Starting verification... if you see any unusual warnings/errors -> DONT USE THE IMAGE!
NOTE: You are using this application on your own risk anyway..
NOTE: 'parseInputFile: descriptor parsing failed, descriptor region has intersection with BIOS region' can be ignored..

ERROR: Failed to dump 'PartitionDxe' [1FA1F39E-FEFF-4AAE-BD7B-38A070A3B609] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'EnhancedFat' [961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'HfsPlus' [4CF484CD-135F-4FDC-BAFB-1AA104B48D36] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'Ozmosis' [AAE65279-0761-41D1-BA13-4A3C1383603F] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'OzmosisDefaults' [99F2839C-57C3-411E-ABC3-ADE5267D960D] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'OzmosisTheme' [AC255206-DCF9-4837-8353-72BBBC0AC849] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'SmcEmulatorKext' [DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275] !

C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documents\BIOS Related\ozmosis\Ozmosis\OZMTool_v0.3_win>OZMTool  --ozmcreate -a 2 -cr -ck -f extracted  -o wow.BIN -i DellMS-A10.BIN
OZMTool - v0.3
Warning: No KEXT-dir given! Injecting only Ozmosis files!
Warning: No DSDT file given! Will leave DSDT as-is!
Info: Aggressivity level set to 'Delete non-required Ozmosis files'...
Info: Compressing CORE_DXE is selected!
Info: Compressing Kexts is selected!
Injecting FFS into BIOS...
Compressing CORE_DXE to save space...
Info: File seems already compressed!
* File was injected compressed successfully!
Deleting non-essential Ozmosis files to save space...
Deleting network BIOS stuff (PXE) to save space...
Deleting non required Filesystem FFS...
* Removed 'FileSystem' [93022F8C-1F09-47EF-BBB2-5814FF609DF5] succesfully!
Reconstructing final image...
* Image built successfully!
Warning: File already exists! Overwriting it...
Bios successfully saved to 'wow.BIN'

Starting verification... if you see any unusual warnings/errors -> DONT USE THE IMAGE!
NOTE: You are using this application on your own risk anyway..
NOTE: 'parseInputFile: descriptor parsing failed, descriptor region has intersection with BIOS region' can be ignored..

ERROR: Failed to dump 'PartitionDxe' [1FA1F39E-FEFF-4AAE-BD7B-38A070A3B609] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'EnhancedFat' [961578FE-B6B7-44C3-AF35-6BC705CD2B1F] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'HfsPlus' [4CF484CD-135F-4FDC-BAFB-1AA104B48D36] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'Ozmosis' [AAE65279-0761-41D1-BA13-4A3C1383603F] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'OzmosisDefaults' [99F2839C-57C3-411E-ABC3-ADE5267D960D] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'OzmosisTheme' [AC255206-DCF9-4837-8353-72BBBC0AC849] !
ERROR: Failed to dump 'SmcEmulatorKext' [DADE1001-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275] !

C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documents\BIOS Related\ozmosis\Ozmosis\OZMTool_v0.3_win>

MS-A10.zip

I just wanted to stop from start another which is better story/spam.

If you read what he posted with attention you will see what I mean.

Who want to document about Ozmosis have this and other topics/forums at hand, and they contain more than enough to fulfill all questions.

• Like 1

An interesting question, have the lab guys re surfaced since last year when they went dark after 1479 was released? I have been stuck with 894 due to some bugs in 1479, and am looking for an alternative to allow me to smoothly update to El Capitan.

mostly the ability to boot off of Raid disks.

HBP

Guys, i know, someone will rage about it, but i don't know where to ask. I have Ozmosis on my GAz87HD3 and i need to install Windows on other drive. 

So there is a question, how to do it? 

I making usb in Rufus foe UEFI, but when im booting, i can't see it through boot menu. Does anyone cal help, and give some kind guide how to install it? 

p.s. trying to install on other drive. 

Guys, i know, someone will rage about it, but i don't know where to ask. I have Ozmosis on my GAz87HD3 and i need to install Windows on other drive. 

So there is a question, how to do it? 

I making usb in Rufus foe UEFI, but when im booting, i can't see it through boot menu. Does anyone cal help, and give some kind guide how to install it? 

p.s. trying to install on other drive. 

Disconnect OSX disk and try, keep in mind that if windows disk it's first disk on mobo, the Efi folder in it it's' the firs readed by osx