Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

I'm still going to use oz for now, El Capitan retail has only been officially out for a day now. I have no idea what the oz developers are up to, or where to even find any devel info about it, but it's still working great on my system ATM.

Hello Everyone

...Does anyone know what values must to be added to the Defaults.plist to prevent OS X Guest User login from automatically being enabled after a Option+Command+P+R NVRAM reset? This is also the default behavior on my MacBook Pro after resetting the NVRAM. I'd also like to keep Find My Mac active after an NVRAM reset...

Okay well here's the deal. Issue the nvram -xp command in Terminal.app, copy and past the following.

<key>fmm-computer-name</key>
<data>
YourDataGoesHere
</data>
<key>fmm-mobileme-token-FMM</key>
<data>
YourDataGoesHere
</data>
<key>LocationServicesEnabled</key>
<data>
AQ==
</data>

This will not only prevent your machine from loosing its enabled "Find My Mac" iCloud setting after a nvram reset, but it will also keep the Guest User login account from being automatically enabled. Keep in mind these two settings must be added to the same Dictionary as boot-args and car-active-config:

Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

Good luck and enjoy.

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

We can't boot the recovery partition with Ozmosis 1749 because kext injection is no longer working with El Capitan.

If you want to use OZ for booting the Recovery HD; extensions like FakeSMC must first be added to hidden recovery disk image.

• Like 1

We can't boot the recovery partition with Ozmosis 1749 because kext injection is no longer working with El Capitan.

If you want to use oz to boot the Recovery HD, extensions like FakeSMC must first. E added to the disk image.

OK, i understand.

And one more question : time machine stopped making automatic backup every hour, but in manual mode, the backup is done.

Does anyone have details about continued development for Ozmosis Bootloader?

Will a new version be released with Kext Injection support for El Capitan (or other new features and improvements)?

I've been trying to read over the German forums, but allot gets lost in translation.

Thanks,

Robert

There is nothing too interesting in the german forums. It was said, that they will update their ROMs with a new version as of release of El Capitan - which did NOT happen.

Furthermore there was more speculation and mostly questions. You didn't miss a single fact. :)

... It was said, that they will update their ROMs with a new version as of release of El Capitan - which did NOT happen...

Was that statement from an Ozmosis Developer or just another user speculating?

No, the former administrator of that site stated that they will update their ROMs, which was not the case (the administrator does not own the site anymore and was banned for unknown reasons).

Hopefully someone with a real connection to The HermitCrab Labs and the Ozmosis Bootloder project will shed light on the subject, putting a rest to the speculation and mis-information.

In a perfect world the source code would be released to the public so that users like myself and others could help test, code and donate to its continued growth and refinement.

Thanks!

A new version of Ozmosis will be released when is ready for release!

Every reported bugs has been fixed already, and yes, it has kext injection and more, source code is avail for selected developers/part of the libraries used by project will be opened for everyone. Hope is clear now without any more speculations...

• Like 14

Every reported bugs has been fixed already, and yes, it has kext injection and more, source code is avail for selected developers/part of the libraries used by project will be opened for everyone. Hope is clear now without any more speculations...

This is nice news.. I hope it work with each user!!!!

This is nice news.. I hope it work with each user!!!!

I for one hope they update the default smbios from Mac Pro 3,1. Seems a lot more people need to update from that than would need to go back to it. I know it's for Snow Leopard compatibility, but that's got to be a very small group. Auto detection would be nice, but that's probably not feasible with the limited space the bios has to work with.

I for one hope they update the default smbios from Mac Pro 3,1. Seems a lot more people need to update from that than would need to go back to it. I know it's for Snow Leopard compatibility, but that's got to be a very small group. Auto detection would be nice, but that's probably not feasible with the limited space the bios has to work with.

thats been possible since the Defaults.plist option was introduced.

thats been possible since the Defaults.plist option was introduced.

What? Auto detection or just changing the bios? I'm just saying fewer would need to change it if it was a more recent model as default, is all. If it can be auto detected that's cool, I've just never seen that mentioned with Oz.

Is there a way to load FakeSMC into Ozmosis and get rid of FakeSMC on /S/L/E?

So I mean, I only want to load the FAKESMC into firmware and boot as normal without using this kext on /S/L/E.

I tried using Kext2FFS, putting FakeSMC in "Kexts Folder"

then running "KextToFfs.command"

And loading the result FakeSMC.kextCompress.ffs in "Ffs/Kext/Compress" into firmware with MMTool.

Also I tried changing the name of this Kext to SMCEmukator.kext and then converting to Ffs.

Without success.

I'm running "El Capitan".

What Am I doing wrong?

Thanks

No, look.

I have two HDDs    Both drives has El Capitan installed and running fine.  

But one of these I deleted the FakeSMC.kext from /S/L/E because I want to probe to run with FakeSMC directly from firmware.

And I have a third HDD with Yosemite installed but, the same It boots only If FakeSMC is loaded on /S/L/E.

And I don't want this.

Any suggestions?

Hi xelanaiznac!

If you like to use QUO LOGO, try to replace the raw file with this attached one inside this module on the bios: 7BB28B99-61BB-11D5-9A5D

attachicon.gifQUO-LOGO.raw.zip

Which Program use for edit this? I tried with Photoshop.

And I get a window asking:

RAW Photoshop Options:

Describe "QUO-Logo.raw"

Dimentions

Height:

Width:

Channels:

Headers: 0

Lol, you really dont read right? Kext injection is broken in El Capitan, hence everyone is waiting for an update. 

facepalm-ernie.jpg

OOOOh, Thanks.

In fact yeah, For running mi ethernet IntelE1000 and VoodoHDA i need to put it on /L/ instead of /S/L/E and disable CSRUtil via NVRAM commands.

sudo nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:csr-active-config=%67%00%00%00

Which Program use for edit this? "QUO-Logo.raw"

Voldemort thats just a jpeg file, nothing more, nothing less. Good luck.

Thank you very much The KiNG, no more speculations... Very good news!  :)