Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Let me explain, now i have no osx installed on disk, my system is like new, i have successfully prepared usb and modified bios with ozmosis stuffs, when i try to install a brand new system, i cant because when boot happens i get Kernel Panic before i can do anything.

It seems that if i dont have a disk with osx partition scheme in and connected to a system, i cant boot into installer and run diskutility

I understand what you're saying but I don't know why you cannot boot in to the installer. I've not had such an issue. Could it be a problem associated with your Haswell CPU?

EDIT: Could you successfully boot from that same USB when another HDD with OS X already installed was connected?

With New ozmosis it seems that i cant use  fakesmc from koetlz with stuffs for sensoring, if i put this instead of bulk fakesmc from ozmosis, boot fron usb stick hangs, and this is not the problem with new installation.

In usb stick created with method mentioned in this link http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18081307&postcount=3 i cant see any mach_kernel inside, only iaboot files and stop, so i cant patch kernel with the patch suggested  by blackosx.

Another question, someone have installed windows in uefi mode with ozmosis stuffs ? could point me to some doc howto? 

Many thanks 

Hi Blackosx thanks for your research, i still dont understand why the installer hangs if there is non disk connected, or new disk or disk not formatted in hfs, i have to try to create usb installer via myhack but aim to use "clean" apple method of installation. 

Hi xpamamadeus

TBH, I have no idea how to go about it properly. I have considered opening OzmosisDefaults in a text editor, replacing the data with my own and re-saving it, but I do not know if it’s that simple. Maybe there’s a checksum in the first 28 bytes? But I don’t think it would hurt to try.

It would be nice if the file could accept other config data such as boot-args, rather than just SMBIOS data. Maybe it can? I haven't tried. Yet.

Hi Blackosx thanks for your research, i still dont understand why the installer hangs if there is non disk connected, or new disk or disk not formatted in hfs, i have to try to create usb installer via myhack but aim to use "clean" apple method of installation. 

EDIT: Could you successfully boot from that same USB when another HDD with OS X already installed was connected?

Maybe, but what? have you tryed to installa on a new disk? my hardware is mainboard GAH87M-HD3 BIOS F3 with ozmosis last version, but the beahavior it's' the same with every two ozmosis version and with or without external graphics card GTX660 , cpu Intel I3-4130 ram 4 giga, 120 gb ssd crucia 

have you tryed to installa on a new disk

No.

I have two Mavericks installs, both were done from double clicking the Install Mavericks.app, downloaded from the app store, from within an already installed OS. The second phase of one install was done using Ozmosis, and the other using Clover. Both simple and the easiest install ever.

When I get time I will try the createinstallmedia method to USB and let you know if it succeeds. 

• Like 1

Hi xpamamadeus

TBH, I have no idea how to go about it properly. I have considered opening OzmosisDefaults in a text editor, replacing the data with my own and re-saving it, but I do not know if it’s that simple. Maybe there’s a checksum in the first 28 bytes? But I don’t think it would hurt to try.

It would be nice if the file could accept other config data such as boot-args, rather than just SMBIOS data. Maybe it can? I haven't tried. Yet.

didnt try with only replacing data since i am sure it have a checksum becouse all files in bios have it(again i am not sure 200%)

Sure someone will help with that.

Thx for your time.

Hi,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orco9ty5fegh40l/Kext2Ffs.zip

Kext2Ffs updated to generate OzmosisDefaults.ffs.

In directory Ozm edit OzmosisDefaults.plist according to your config.

In terminal ./KextToFfs.command Ozm

Fred

Big thx fred!

Where can we get the latest version of ozmosis?

https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/