Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hey Riley. No I failed with that.

Whatever I added as:
<key>platform-uuid</key>
<string></string>

resulted in the same UUID as when not using that key at all.

And using:
<key>platform-uuid</key>
<data></data>

resulted in a different UUID to when using <string></string> but again the same regardless of the content.

I gave up for now but will try again when I get more time.

Hi, still investigate on Kernel panic during installation on H87M-HD3  with last ozmosis stuffs inside bios , i take a picture of kernel panic, seems to be a problem of sata controller

this is KP https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mvlnfqq5c9arb9/IMG_20140317_200831.jpg

This happens if try to boot with usb stick create for a real mac and if i dont have any disk connected or disk connected without any partion scheme in.

If i have a disk empty but whit hfs partition scheme, this KP never happens and i can install like real mac 

Can someone point me to some fix or explaine me why this happens? 

Many thanks  :)

Hi, still investigate on Kernel panic during installation on H87M-HD3  with last ozmosis stuffs inside bios , i take a picture of kernel panic, seems to be a problem of sata controller

this is KP https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mvlnfqq5c9arb9/IMG_20140317_200831.jpg

This happens if try to boot with usb stick create for a real mac and if i dont have any disk connected or disk connected without any partion scheme in.

If i have a disk empty but whit hfs partition scheme, this KP never happens and i can install like real mac 

Can someone point me to some fix or explaine me why this happens? 

Many thanks  :)

try it with a different FakeSMC,or delete this Boot arg -fakesmc-use-nvram.

• Like 1

Hi all

UEFI Clover works with New Ozmosis! :)

When you say this what exactly do you mean?

Last night I started over by downloading fresh Asus BIOS, PM patched it with CodeRush's tool then added just Ozmosis.ffs and HermitShellX64.ffs using CodeRush's UEFITool_0.17.4_osx (great piece of work). Booting in to HermitShell I used bcfg to add my UEFI Clover boot option, then after a reboot I could then choose UEFI Clover from the bios boot menu.

Here's the thing... Booting a Mavericks partition from Clover's GUI successfully boots OS X. But Teminal -> bdmesg shows:

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE (2013-12-09 21:54:35 VS2013x86) on 2014-03-19 22:54:36

Where I was expecting to see Clover's boot-log.

Is this by design?

Install some win under vmware if u wanna play/learn ozmosis...

I would tend to agree with you, but things are changing as I've just done some simple adding of modules with CodeRush's UEFITool_0.17.4_osx and all worked great.

When you say this what exactly do you mean?

Last night I started over by downloading fresh Asus BIOS, PM patched it with CodeRush's tool then added just Ozmosis.ffs and HermitShellX64.ffs using CodeRush's UEFITool_0.17.4_osx (great piece of work). Booting in to HermitShell I used bcfg to add my UEFI Clover boot option, then after a reboot I could then choose UEFI Clover from the bios boot menu.

Here's the thing... Booting a Mavericks partition from Clover's GUI successfully boots OS X. But Teminal -> bdmesg shows:

00:000 00:000 Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE (2013-12-09 21:54:35 VS2013x86) on 2014-03-19 22:54:36

Where I was expecting to see Clover's boot-log.

Is this by design?

i dont know  i'm loóking for it.

Ozmosis make a mix for  Settings from clover ánd ozmosis,but works good

Yeah, I take your point.... I never really thought of it that way. I’ve been attempting to use two pieces of code which each load boot.efi in which case one will take preference. So if I did want to use both UEFI Clover and Ozmosis separately then maybe I should try to run Ozmosis from disk instead of inside BIOS and have it set as a boot option?

I have now flashed my BIOS with an original Asus BIOS only modded with PM patch. So Ozmosis and all modules are gone and I am booting using UEFI clover. 

- Ozmosis_894M.efi is now in ESP.

- Shell.efi (converted hermitshell and renamed to Shell.efi as that’s the only shell I have found which loads drivers without my system freezing) in the root of my ESP.

- Quo directory is in the ESP as it was when I was using Ozmosis from BIOS.

I can boot and press F8 to get to my Asus BIOS boot menu and select the shell from where I can load the Ozmosis_894M.efi, or use bcfg to add the Ozmosis_894M.efi driver. But I’m missing the next step.

How do I now instruct the system to load boot.efi? I’ve tried loading hfsplus.efi to see if I can list my HFS partitions in the shell which I can then load boot.efi but from shell I can only see the ESP of each drive.

The only way I have found for now is to load the Ozmosis_894M.efi driver then run CloverX64.efi from shell where I can choose an OS X partition, which then Ozmosis takes over and loads boot.efi. But how do I load boot.efi directly from shell without using Clover?

You have several options.

- add HFSPlus back into your firmware or

- add it to your driver load option using bcfg or

- type "map -r" in shell after loading HFSPlus.efi

But mixing Clover and Ozmosis isn't the best idea. If you just want to have the Clover GUI try rEFIt or rEFInd. Clover is based on those.

• Like 1

Thank you. "map -r" is what I was looking for.

I was hoping to have the option of being able to switch between Ozmosis and UEFI Clover at will. If both are loaded from disk then is that a problem? or could there be a clash of nvram vars?

You could use a shell script to load Ozmosis and HFSPlus and then start whatever app you like. e.g. rEFIt or boot.efi.

Or recompile dbounce.c from rEFIt to make it load Ozmosis and Hfsplus and then start the app you like. You can add dbounce.efi as a boot option via bcfg and choose it from F12 menu.

Then you have what you are looking for ;)

Good bios versions are one that can write to nvram without using EMUVariableuefi clover driver.

To check that u need to install Clover and check if nvram varibles are stored after computer restart without using EMUVariableuefi.

how can I tell if I do not need EmuVariable? what kind of tests should I do?

Thz

Carmine

how can I tell if I do not need EmuVariable? what kind of tests should I do?

Thz

Carmine

Without emuvariableuefi make this.

Use clover prefpane to set theme and reboot.

then use terminal and write nvram -p

now if u have clovertheme in nvram then u dont need this driver,otherwise u need it.

Hope it helps.

Would it be possible to add Internet Recovery as a UEFI module? I know it should be in some EFI firmware updates but I don't know what the GUID is for it.

Or if it could be called/loaded from any kind of menu.

I did a bit more digging around and found the module. It's D5B366C7-DB85-455F-B50B-900A694E4C8C. I added it to my BIOS but I can't figure out how to add it to the boot menu. I know it's done via bcfg but I can't find the full command line to add a BIOS module as a boot entry. All I'm finding is how to add a EFI file loaded from the EFI partition. Some kind of mapping is involved I think.

And thinking about it, it would have to load after Ozmosis. Can it be done?