Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Can you share fakesmc ffs and sensor plugins ?

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585

and use kexttoffs

Well its a no go for the NVRAM patch as the asus mobos don't have that NvramSmi.ffs module CodeRush speaks of.

The problem with that is you still have to pay $100+ for windows and why would some pay that for something they would never use?

uff thats so OT.

Can u share  boards models u try and what bios versions ?

Well its a no go for the NVRAM patch as the asus mobos don't have that NvramSmi.ffs module CodeRush speaks of.

It's there, but doesn't have a name. On my P9X79 PRO board it's the un-named module under CryptoDxe. The GUID for it is 842A454A-75E5-408B-8B1C-36420E4E3F21.

I tried the patch last night with Clover but after applying the patch, booting into OS X via Clover and disabling EmuVariableUefi-64.efi I couldn't boot OS X any more. And Chameleon hung at a blinking underscore. So I rolled back to the unpatched BIOS and it worked again.

Ozmosis works great on my Z68 (well, apart from the latest one) but has never worked on my P9X79. It must be conflicting with something. Clover is doing fine now, especially as EmuVariableUefi-64.efi allows me to have working nvram via a plist.

Well the Ozmosis seems to be working except the default didn't take for some reason, its stil shows as a mac pro 3,1. Had to use an older version of ozmosis though so not sure if thats why, the latest one simply won't turn on my PC.

Boards tested were the ASUS Maximus VI Gene, Formula and Impact.

I have attached my OzmosisDefaults.plist maybe I edited it wrong.

Well the Ozmosis seems to be working except the default didn't take for some reason, its stil shows as a mac pro 3,1. Had to use an older version of ozmosis though so not sure if thats why, the latest one simply won't turn on my PC.

Boards tested were the ASUS Maximus VI Gene, Formula and Impact.

I have attached my OzmosisDefaults.plist maybe I edited it wrong.

defaults seems to be just fine.

have u try older bios versions that maybe dont have nvram issues or u just try latest version?

There are no BIOS versions for these mobos with writable NVRAM in osx

I'll have to try the newest version of Ozmossis again and see, maybe I did something wrong unless one of you are willing to atempt to make it for me.

Getting closer now, it boots fine and shows as iMac14,2 now but no ethernet or imsg. Tried putting the ethernet kext in the ozmosis efi extensions folder and still no luck. I used FakeSMC 5.2.725 as I could not download the Slice 3.3.1 version.

I removed some networking modules to make room, not sure if thats why or not but I only removed the ones that were mentioned in this thread.

Getting closer now, it boots fine and shows as iMac14,2 now but no ethernet or imsg. Tried putting the ethernet kext in the ozmosis efi extensions folder and still no luck. I used FakeSMC 5.2.725 as I could not download the Slice 3.3.1 version.

For ethernet u need IONetworkingFamily too,only network kext its not enough to all work from firmware.

Oh so it changed in the new versions of Ozmosis? older one worked fine but no smbios data.

I guess best option is to not put any ethernet at all in the firmware then as I use multiple versions of osx and injecting the ionetworking from mavs to lion would not work

After starting again from scratch I can boot ok with just FakeSMC (either 5.2.725 or 3.3.1). Adding ANY of their sensor plugins will cause the KP.

So although I've managed to get it to boot it's a step too far back in functionality over 828M for me. Hopefully the next one won't be so sensitive.